Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1

    • Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    273

    Angry Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Saturday, April 22nd, I had reservations to have dinner with some out of town guest for a child's birthday. I arrived at the restaurant and was surprised to find out that no one was being seated. “Our Computers are down”. As we waited to figure out what we were going to do, it seemed as if this had been going on for awhile. I was completely embarrassed as it was my suggestion to go to the Rainforest Café. Everyone in my party was hungry and ready to eat. With a reservation, I expected the wait to be minimum. The staff at the reception area were as accommodating as they could be to the MANY upset guests. However, they indicated that it would 30-45 min before ANYONE would be seated.

    How can a restaurant operate like this? No back up plan for such unfortunate system problems. Can no one work manually anymore? We were not even able to get a drink at the bar. As a regular visitor to Downtown Disney, this is one restaurant I will no longer recommend to my friends and family. Any place that shuts down on a Saturday night, because the computer is down is unbelievable. I also work in the service industry and have never seen anything like this. Good luck to them in recovering from this terrible situation.

    Thanks for letting me vent.......
    Last edited by TINK23; 04-25-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

  2. #2

    • Pirates, Potter and Pan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    51

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Ohhhhh, you can bet my mother would of had a FIT. Did you complain? Did you get a free meal or ANYTHING? If you haven't written to them yet, you should.

  3. #3

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

    Unfortunately, a select few have relied so heavily on computers that they cannot function without them.

    Kind of reminds me of a few humans that I know too. They cannot live w/o their beloved desktop. It's their best friend.

    How did we ever get along before computers???

  4. #4

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,526

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by TINK23
    Can no one work manually anymore?
    No, they can not. Ask any kid with a cell phone, what is the phone number of their best friend, or sadly home number, without looking at the phone.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Belafonte
    Posts
    481

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    No, they can not. Ask any kid with a cell phone, what is the phone number of their best friend, or sadly home number, without looking at the phone.

    Hey...I have a cell phone and know lots of people's numbers and my home phone # without having to look in the phone...

  6. #6

    • I Love Disneyland!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bako (136 miles from DL)
    Posts
    766

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    /\/\ I can't remember anyone's phone number except maybe 5 people...

    and I am not a kid with a cell phone... You use it (your brain) or you loose it!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    497

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I don't know anybodys number without my phone. Why waste brain space?

    I'm sorry you had a bad time. Restaurants have off nights every once in awhile. It happens.


  8. #8

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by TINK23
    Saturday, April 22nd, I had reservations to have dinner with some out of town guest for a child's birthday. I arrived at the restaurant and was surprised to find out that no one was being seated. “Our Computers are down”. As we waited to figure out what we were going to do, it seemed as if this had been going on for awhile. I was completely embarrassed as it was my suggestion to go to the Rainforest Café. Everyone in my party was hungry and ready to eat. With a reservation, I expected the wait to be minimum. The staff at the reception area were as accommodating as they could be to the MANY upset guests. However, they indicated that it would 30-45 min before ANYONE would be seated.

    How can a restaurant operate like this? No back up plan for such unfortunate system problems. Can no one work manually anymore? We were not even able to get a drink at the bar. As a regular visitor to Downtown Disney, this is one restaurant I will no longer recommend to my friends and family. Any place that shuts down on a Saturday night, because the computer is down is unbelievable. I also work in the service industry and have never seen anything like this. Good luck to them in recovering from this terrible situation.

    Thanks for letting me vent.......
    That is soo awful.. I mean you plan for this special event and this happens.......

    You figure they would have a back up plan for situations like this one

    Friends for life

  9. #9

    • Ian The Fox
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    340

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Aha, so that's why the other restaurants in Downtown Disney were packed more than normal. I tried to eat at Naples with my friends for my birthday and it was packed (1 hour+ wait).
    Woof!









  10. #10

    • Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    273

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    We still had a good dinner down at Red Robin on Chapman & Harbor. I understand that things happen, but I was disappointed we couldn't go to such a cool place.

    Thanks for your reply's.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    98

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I had the same problem there about three years ago. The computers were down and they had no idea what to do. We were staying at Paradise Pier, so we just waited, but I understand your anger. It really is sad that we are so reliant upon computers nowadays, but what can you do?

  12. #12

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Wink Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    IMHO ANY dinner at the Rainforest Cafe would be a nightmare.... That place just plain sucks. Food, service and ambiance are a train wreck. As for the computers going down, that sucks and I am sorry you guys were put out, especially when you had plans, but I'm not sure they can prevent bad luck. I don't know of any operation that maintains two reservation lists, computer and paper.

    Maybe they don't use a paper list, because they're the Rainforest Cafe, and it isn't environmentally sound to waste paper?......




  13. #13

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I hope you complained.. by a letter.. I would have....

    i did that once for knotts thanksgiving dinner.. i waited in line for over an hour to get my food.. it ws so aweful

    anyways... they sent us coupons to get a free brunch (the 4 of us) and free passes for the park

    so it might PAY to complain.. via letter or email (I did the email thing) then they wanted to talk to me on the phone.....

    Friends for life

  14. #14

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    I hope you complained.. by a letter.. I would have....

    i did that once for knotts thanksgiving dinner.. i waited in line for over an hour to get my food.. it ws so aweful

    anyways... they sent us coupons to get a free brunch (the 4 of us) and free passes for the park

    so it might PAY to complain.. via letter or email (I did the email thing) then they wanted to talk to me on the phone.....
    Great point. A letter goes a long way, I just hate to see people rage on the kids who are stuck working as the reservation person, when things happen like this. It's totally not the kids fault, but people crap on them relentlessly. Luckily, the OP was cool, and didn't add to the mix, but we've all seen when people freak out.




  15. #15

    • Silent Lucidity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PNW Coast Town
    Posts
    1,669

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    ...I don't know of any operation that maintains two reservation lists, computer and paper. Maybe they don't use a paper list, because they're the Rainforest Cafe, and it isn't environmentally sound to waste paper?
    If they write peoples names down, in order or reservation; cross them off as they are seated, how is that a waste of paper?

    It's not like they are printing copies of the NY Times; now that would be a waste of resources on an epic proportion!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Which one? Naples or Rainforest?
    By MrPotatoHead in forum So. Cal. Restaurant Reviews
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 12:42 PM
  2. [Question] Rainforest cafe
    By kari12177 in forum So. Cal. Restaurant Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
  3. Rainforest Cafe
    By abarry90 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
  4. Check out the Rainforest Cafe!
    By _blackbeltsrule123 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 07:01 PM
  5. Save the Rainforest Quest
    By danceguest in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •