Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Has the food at Disneyland gotten worse, or...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea
    Other than that, I avoid food cause it's so freakiin expensive.
    I think you touched on the main reason why everyone notices why the food is so bad. When you are overcharged for something, you tend to expect more out of it. Would you really care if your burger was just OK if it was reasonably priced? Amusement parks aren't really known for their food. However, this is Disneyland - the Happiest Place On Earth. We expect a bit more than grey hamburgers and fried everything. Disney World on the whole offers many more quality dining options than Disneyland (although they have their bombs too). I really do hope that Disneyland is importing some of the better menu ideas and concepts from their other parks.

How fun would a cartoon drive-in be, where you dine in a booth shaped like a toon car while watching old Mickey Mouse cartoons being projected onto a fake drive-in movie screen (a' la the Sci Fi Diner at MGM). Or a nice sit down restaurant on the 2nd story of Main Street themed to Walt Disney's career (like the one in Disneyland Paris). There are lots of interesting concepts that could make dining more fun and better tasting if they put someone with a little creativity in charge of Foods.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Cast Member

I just don't think it will get better anytime soon.

Not especially when you have a VP of Food and Beverage more into yelling at inexperienced and overworked CMs while allowing foods to be what it is right now. This as opposed to trying to look at the big picture and change things like food quality, pricing, level of service, CM quality, etc.

I just don't think it will change soon.

They need to though, Downtown Disney takes food business away from them, and the new Gardenwalk will do the same too.

I'll gladly walk half a block to CPK and Cheesecake Factory, etc. when they open over anything the park offers.

And that's why they will lose more business and reputation.

Because I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Bye.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    They need to though, Downtown Disney takes food business away from them, and the new Gardenwalk will do the same too.

I'll gladly walk half a block to CPK and Cheesecake Factory, etc. when they open over anything the park offers.

That is so true. And all the more reason why this thread makes perfect sense right now. I really hope that someone circulates this thread in TDA. Hint, hint.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disneyland Freak

NlVEN!!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    I just don't think it will get better anytime soon.

Not especially when you have a VP of Food and Beverage more into yelling at inexperienced and overworked CMs while allowing foods to be what it is right now. This as opposed to trying to look at the big picture and change things like food quality, pricing, level of service, CM quality, etc.

I just don't think it will change soon.

Because I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Bye.
    I don't know if Downtown Disney takes much business away from them. I don't know if there are any memorable restaurants worthy in DD. I'm going to try Marcelines next time. Other than that, I don't have much in DD on my to-do list.

It seemed like DD was one of the food-issues that they were re-evaluating and thinking of exploring new concepts......like say, some sort of Katella Deli, going in at DD! Please!!!!

This thread was about food in the Parks. Because, DD also has a food problem too, IMHO.

Grand Lux Cafe would definitely work in DD, although maybe that's too close, in concept, to Cheesecake Factory over at Garden Walk?

P.S. The hamburgers at Whitewater are a good value, and rather tasty, but then that's not inside the Parks, either.

I think Buzz lightyear may have those same hamburgers, but a bit more expensive.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like Carnation and from looking at the menu I could like Zocalo if I tried it. I could also deal with Cafe Orleans, French Market (YES!)

However, as I look at menus I see that DCA is like a wasteland. Everything is either low end or Vineyard Room, which is too foo-foo. Taste Pilot's Grill get a small thumbs-up for having a grilled BBQ chicken sandwich that similar places in DL don't.

The hotels seem to be a lot better than the parks are at this kind of thing. Still miss the Monorail Cafe prices, though.

• pirate wench

needing to be closer to the house of mouse

I was just wondering if comments sent to DLR resort about the food are taken seriously or paid attention to at all.Who would you send it too? and where? after our last trip I had been thinking about it but still not quite sure what to do, any suggestions?
    " bring me that horizon"
    -Captain Jack Sparrow

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I have to say that I used to be able to eat at Rancho del Zocalo, but the new menu that they came out with a few months back, just does nothing for me.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Shubisha

I really wish Village Haus had good food and was more than 2 fast food items to choose from. I always loved how that place looked as a kid but I can't bring myself to eat there nowadays because it really is horrible :P heh.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I've never been a fan of their cheeseburgers but I learned that when I went back in '02, ordered the cheeseburger in Frontierland and yuck! The fries were alright. Also, I had a corndog once in DCA by the Sunglass Dinosaur shack and that made me have an upset stomach the rest of the day. I tend to stick the places in DL that I enjoy...Pizza Port, Plaza Inn, Bengal BBQ. Haven't tried Blue Bayou yet just because I'm a picky eater and nothing on the menu sounds tempting. I guess the fast food places have bad food and the sit down restaurants are better? But Bengal BBQ is the exception for me. They sure are expensive little skewers but the do make a mighty good snack!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I have to say that I used to be able to eat at Rancho del Zocalo, but the new menu that they came out with a few months back, just does nothing for me.
    Same here. Like I said in my previous post, I'm a picky eater and they don't have anything plain. Where the heck are the bean and cheese burritos or a plate of carne asada with spanish rice, beans, and tortillas? They should re-redo the menu to be like Miguels in the Corona area of So.Cal. That place is yum!

For me, its not necessarily the food getting worse, although in some places it is, but for me, its all these places that have the same exact things all the time. To me, i see either, fried chicken, or pasta. and im kinda tired of pasta dishes, and i hate fried chicken! I do not even eat at plaza anymore because they have friend chicken, and i tried their pasta, and the sauce was so oily, i couldn't believe it!!!! there was tons and tons of oil in the sauce!!! However, i have found a new place to eat, its that restuarant at the winery, it costs just about the same as a buffeteria, well, plus tip, but the food is awesome, i was real excited to see that they had paninis and lasagna and other stuff that is hard to find elsewhere in the parks. i think DCA is my new favorite park to eat at. Even the breadbowls are better over at DCA than at disneyland!

• Minion FOREVER!

Hmmm. From my viewpoint (we rarely get hamburger & fries in DL), the food
    has gone down a bit from the high point (about 10 years ago?).

Most of the time, we eat at Pizza Port, Plaza Inn, Carnation Cafe, River Belle, Blue Bayou. And of course, Dole whips, Turkey legs, churros, ice cream, corn dog.

The quality has gone down a bit, but still ok. (esp. Blue Bayou which I though was very good ten years ago. Now it's just ok; I've heard instances of awful (greasy, off-tastes) monte cristo's as well, but haven't experienced it first hand)

The hot dog place in DCA was pretty good the last time I tried it. However, its nothing compared to Top Dog up here in Berkeley/San Jose.

I also share the cstephen's lament regarding the Soap Opera Cafe. We really loved the place. Although we like Playhouse Disney as well. (yup, I have a toddler!)

• Banned User

I never eat at the park. Too expensive. McDonalds is a short walk from the park.

Here! Here! Great thread! My family came down to the park for close to a week and... I know that we were eating different things... but it all eerily tasted exactly the same... By the end of the week, I never wanted to see another cream sauce again. Boudin was wonderful, but the rest of it... blarf.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast