Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Benefits to Disneyland Hotels Guests

Hello!

When you stay overnight at a "resort property" (The Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier or for those who can afford it, The Grand Californian), what are the perks? I've heard about early admission, but how does that work? Anyone out there have any tips to take make the most of all that extra $$ one spends to stay in the resort?...

• Across From DL

Cool Re: Benefits to Disneyland Hotels Guests

The benefits depend on the level of service you order, my personal recommendation is to book in the off season and request a concierge level room at the Disneyland Hotel, you can get great rates not to mention the view of the ENTIRE resort. My favorite thing was seeing the baseball field on top of ESPN zone and them testing effects for Remember and Fantasmic! well worth the extra money, (PM me for more details ie pricing)

• Minion

Re: Benefits to Disneyland Hotels Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Jedi
    Hello!

When you stay overnight at a "resort property" (The Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier or for those who can afford it, The Grand Californian), what are the perks? I've heard about early admission, but how does that work? Anyone out there have any tips to take make the most of all that extra $$ one spends to stay in the resort?...
    You will get early entry on the days it is offered (currently Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat.) You can ride the monorail to enter the park. (They sometimes close the monorail to non-resort guests for the first hour of opening.) Another perk, when you purchase items in the park, you can have it sent to the hotel and it will be available the next morning after 7am.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I think "Benefits" is kind of a myth. They don't really throw in anything that special, other than the early entry, and you can get that with a regular Park Hopper. Restricted admission can, really, be bypassed by anyone with a handstamp.

Staying on property: It's more of an idea, or a state of mind, rather than a real benefit.

....Other than the obvious. You are "on-property" without having the drudgery of the laborious commute. You've had a magical day in the park.....and rather than having to come back to reality, and sit in maddening traffic, which ends up wrecking what was a nice day

....instead you saunter back to your "magical" abode.....where more magic awaits you in the form of special notes and chocolates etc.... (at least at the GCH).

It's that type of thing. Wanting to extend the magic and it never having to end, by being as close to the park as you can get.

Certain details: If you believe the devil, or glory, is in the details.....then staying at one of the Disney hotels will make your trip, especially if it's a once-a-year, or once-in-a-lifetime type of thing.

That being said, GCH does offer special rates on Park Hoppers, for their resort guests, at the front desk.

And, they have the special 9:00 am, or is it (9:15 am?) DCA tour at the GCH entrance to DCA, with first-ride-of-the-day Soarin, complete with good seats. ----Although, even with that, I really don't think you need to be a guest of the Hotels. I've seen just, plain ol' Park Hoppers sneak into that, and it seems fine, at least from what I saw, unofficially.

Magic isn't a benefit, it's really a state of mind, and not having to commute!

• For You!

Don't forget the GCH fitness walk! It's a fabulous perk!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Don't forget the balloons, drawing books and autographed character photo's that await you when you check in at the front desk.

We always have them personalized for the kid that is celebrating his or her B-Day on that trip.

It's a nice special touch to the start of our trip.

And the NeverLand Pool. It's awesome, and extra special for us, since we watched it being built during our stays there when they were re-modeling the Resort.

My husband just booked the room - first Sunday and Monday in June at the Disneyland Hotel - with a park view.

Castmember02, I would guess concierge level is the top floors of that side of the hotel?

Malcon10t - thanks for the info regarding early entry - I'll confirm at check in that on Monday we can get in early via monorail (and I'll make my purchases Sunday and not have to carry them around all day!)

Pisces, I will also check out dropping over to GCH and their early tour. And I very much agree with you about being able to practically roll into a magical slumber after a magical day vs. sitting in traffic on the 5!

BFJen, I think I'll pass on the GCH fitness walk - I'll be 6 months pregnant by then and just a normal day will be enough walking!

PirateMickey - can you give me more details on the balloons, book and photos at check in? Do you have to set it up ahead of time? We'll be celebrating my daughter's 5th b-day (2 weeks belated) and our 7th wedding anniversary (1 day early) during the trip. And we love the NeverLand Pool too!

Thanks everyone so far... anyone else out there have any other tips?

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    Don't forget the GCH fitness walk! It's a fabulous perk!
    I see people walking the park every morning I work....... at about 8 am

is that extra $$ I was just wondering

Friends for life

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Now by the disneyland web site this what you get if you stay at Disneyland hotel.

Disneyland Resort Hotel Benefits

Explore the benefits of staying at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
    The magic never ends when you stay at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Enjoy signature Disney hotel services and amenities in addition to these magical vacation benefits:

eary-entry to parks

Park Re-entry
    The ability to re-enter the parks after relaxing in your Guest room during your day of fun.

Services for Children
    Includes:
    • a child activity center
    • in-room babysitting
    • learning programs
    (nominal fee for services; subject to availability).

Easy Payment
    On-property charging privileges and convenient delivery of purchases to

your Disneyland Resort hotel Guest room.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• For You!

The fitness walk is free for GCH guests. It's a 2 mile walk around DCA. I absolutely loved it - so nice to be in the park when it's quiet.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Jedi
    My husband just booked the room - first Sunday and Monday in June at the Disneyland Hotel - with a park view.

PirateMickey - can you give me more details on the balloons, book and photos at check in? Do you have to set it up ahead of time? We'll be celebrating my daughter's 5th b-day (2 weeks belated) and our 7th wedding anniversary (1 day early) during the trip. And we love the NeverLand Pool too!

Thanks everyone so far... anyone else out there have any other tips?

Sure, no problem.

When you check in at the Hotel, just ask the CM for a balloon, fun book (subject to availability) and the character photo's. They will autograph them per your request (B-Day, anniversary, etc...).

There's no charge for this, just more of the magic. I do tip the CM that helped us though, usually five bucks. More ($$$) if they hook us up in the Sierra Tower overlooking both Parks and DTD (and they usually do).

Have a GREAT time!

thanks PirateMickey!

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

There's no charge for this, just more of the magic. I do tip the CM that helped us though, usually five bucks. More ($$$) if they hook us up in the Sierra Tower overlooking both Parks and DTD (and they usually do).

Interesting! We tried to tip 2 CM's at check-in for helping us with a room request and they refused it. They said it was "not in good character to accept a tip", and it was their pleasure to help us, they would help anyone with requests for view, upgrades, etc...if it was available.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Also something nice the GCH offers is a tour of the Hotel, very interesting, don't have to be a guest, and it's free! Just sign up at the Guest Services Desk for a time.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Well when I stayed at Paradise Pier last February it was wonderful. But the only "benefits" I took was the entry into DCA from Grand Californian...you enter right at the White Water Raft ride...instead of waiting in the long front gate lines.

I didn't do early entry..although that sounded good. I was just super impressed with the Hotel itself. It was a great weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast