Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Replacement for TRON Tunnel

ok, so if the peoplemover ever gets replaced, (which at sometime soon it should) i have an idea for the section that has you go thru the innoventions building and where you saw the "tron" stuff. If they could incorperate it into all of the attractions like it was before, prehaps utilizing the "moniters on each peoplemover and narrarated by Tom Morrow" idea, you could use this tunnel for the Finding Nemo version of the Submarine Voyage. Like, you could enter the tunnel, and whoever narrates the submarine could narrate the narration. Then you would go thru the area (using the same screens as the TRON's used, depending if they are still there) and have playing a sample video from the finding nemo voyage ride.So for example, you would be going thru the tunnel, and all of the screens would surround you with fishes, sharks, etc., stuff from the finding nemo ride. then once you got out of the tunnel, you would see those imfamous 8 submarines in their lagoon.

picture perfect?

• Know More Than You Should

Sounds cool.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm actually thinking what they could do is like a little introduction to the subs. Have it be kind of spacey and then changing to underwater, kind of like a link between what you just saw (space mtn) and what you will see next (subs). This could all be CGI and even have Crush, Dory and Nemo do stuff after it turns to underwater.

I think a TRON dark ride would be pretty darn cool.

A TRON ride it T/L. Good idea, but they couldn't do it on the people mover track without some major work, TRON is inside a pc/network (whatever), but the big portions of the people mover track are outside.
    What about just replacing the people mover as suggested in other posts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Darn, everybody has good ideas.

Personally, as long as there's some awesome colorful lighting and they clean the place up, I'm phsyced. Maybe Matt will address it on the 50th?

• The Uber Film Geek

I've thought since before Tomorrowland '98 that a cool ride for the PM track would be to tunnel parts of the outside area, have the vehicles go 10-15 mph, and have a projection system in place to project on the inside of the walls all around your vehicle a fast motion sim like they tried with Tron, but with much better realism, obviously. You could then "speed up" and "speed down" at different parts. Furthermore, the ride would be a LONG one because the vehicles are not really going that fast, and they could still impliment the flowing loading area like the old PM that would help keep the wait in line shorter.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by captveg
    I've thought since before Tomorrowland '98 that a cool ride for the PM track would be to tunnel parts of the outside area, have the vehicles go 10-15 mph, and have a projection system in place to project on the inside of the walls all around your vehicle a fast motion sim like they tried with Tron, but with much better realism, obviously. You could then "speed up" and "speed down" at different parts. Furthermore, the ride would be a LONG one because the vehicles are not really going that fast, and they could still impliment the flowing loading area like the old PM that would help keep the wait in line shorter.
    If only Disneyland could invent the first magnetic floating vehicle.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Cloud City(Tatoonine?) from the Empire Strikes Back .....Think it would be really cool to be apart of that scene
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• A Mighty Eye

I've always wanted a Tron ride. Maybe DCA would be a better location for it, though? I mean, Tron would make for a wild dark ride or coaster, but while Tomorrowland seems like the right place, I don't know if it has the room for it. But then again, with the movie receiving mediocre success, and the recently-released video game not lighting the world on fire, who knows what the potential for Tron is. I can only hope that some Imagineer out there saw it as a kid, and wants to revisit it (ala the Imagineers who grew up with Disney's 1954 version of 20K Leauges Under the Sea).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    If only Disneyland could invent the first magnetic floating vehicle.
    the mag monorails??
    (where magnets life and push/pull the monorail into high speeds...)

I would think the TTA from MK would work on those tracks.. with slight modifications.. (roof to block out sun..) since DL's is in Direct Sunlight....

i think they should completly take out the people mover track and install a test track type ride and have the que be inside the old mission to mars area. the ride could be loaded from the tron tunnels.
    Last edited by felixthequick; 04-07-2005 at 07:31 AM. Reason: punc.

• Rainicorn.

It would take a lot of money/time to take out the People Mover track since its foundation literally integrated into TL. But I do agree that they should do something NEW, but it'll be a while until that happens.

It should be something that incorporates the track... except not like RR. Ugh.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I hear Disney has boarded up the windows that the peoplemover and sm line used to have to look inside space mountain. I wonder why they did that?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Tron

(using the same screens as the TRON's used, depending if they are still there) and have playing a sample video from the finding nemo voyage ride.So for example, you would be going thru the tunnel, and all of the screens would surround you with fishes, sharks, etc.
    This sound like a great idea. They could do this is one room, and for the next room they can utilize the "Speed Tunnel" in a race through the Jellyfish Forest or the Swirling Vortex of Terror. Yeah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast