Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

New SoCal special, add DCA for just $10

Came across this at LP from a regular CM who posts over there

http://mb.laughingplace.com/default....0426173311&C=1

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider

Thought some locals would be interested in the news I heard the other day from a girl I know who works in Guest Services.

Once the 2Fer deal ends on Thursday, the ticket booths will begin selling a one day park hopper ticket for locals only that is 10 dollars more than the regular day ticket price. So, for an extra 10 bucks, you can park hop over to DCA whenever you want. They plan on offering this ticket through the summer, and to locals only under the same rules that the 2Fer tickets were sold for; certain zip codes in SoCal or Baja.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Merry 2014!

Re: New SoCal special, add DCA for just $10

So now we know how much DCA is really worth!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• love my friends

interesting

Friends for life

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Well they did this at DLP when I was there in Nov. 2004 for the Studios (10 euro of course). Still wasnt worth it to me since all I'd wanna do is ride Rock N Roller Coaster. But for $10 I'd say DCA is worth it.

• love my friends

me toooooooooooooo

worth the extra $10
    but I hate it when DCA is busy... because this is the park I would take the girls when DL is busy.... they love dca just as much

hmmmmm

Friends for life

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

I hate DCA being the "back-up" park. But hopefully they will see that DCA will overflow and then take this offer off

• Merry 2014!

Then the question would be, Can the park sustain itself at full price? Indications so far - No. At least not in according to the marketers and their stats.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    Then the question would be, Can the park sustain itself at full price? Indications so far - No. At least not in according to the marketers and their stats.
    in the pass the park did not hold up to the full price. If disney want the big number into DCA. I think is give out the park-hopper pass at discount.
    Still to some people full price is to much money to pay for the park.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

This special is designed for two types of people, the impulse folks who drove to Disneyland for the day, and will be asked do they went to spend $10 more. Since Disneyland is more than a full day worth at the lower price, and all the 50th stuff going on, I doubt that many locals we pay the extra money, and decide to just go to Disneyland instead.

The other reason is for advertising locally, $10 off a one day ParkHopper. While they won't quote the actual price, that is still $69 a day, and a lot of folks will have sticker shock, and either go home, or opt for the lower Disneyland only ticket.

Other theme parks will be advertising specials in the area. Six Flags is trying to raise its price, and will feature the new Tatsu, but Universal will more than likely advertise their new Tour featuring Whoopi and the new Fast and Furious segment, and should offer a discount coupon attached to a SoCal location (Grocery or Restaurant). Knott's will continue promoting they are the "Real Deal" and that you will find Adult admissions around $30 with discount.

I doubt that many SoCal folks will be driven by the discount. More than likely, you will see more folks look at the AP program, or specials like what is offered at Costco in the Play4Days tickets, which will more than likely have guests use 3 days at DL, and one at DCA.

So I think the discount is just to have a discount, and try and get a few more bucks out of some folks, and won't be a big driver of attendance.

• love my friends

thanks for the info dark beer

Friends for life

• The one, the only...

I have to say I think it undercuts DCA's worth. I think it deserves an extra $20 or $30. I think it is half the park of Dsineyland so isn't it worth $30 for the day? What this is going to do is really make DCA just another LAND at Disneyland. It will make afternoons very busy there.

Will we ever know if the Monster's ride made a difference in perception of DCA? As long as cut rate deals go through, it is a mask a problem.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I have to say I think it undercuts DCA's worth. I think it deserves an extra $20 or $30. I think it is half the park of Dsineyland so isn't it worth $30 for the day? What this is going to do is really make DCA just another LAND at Disneyland. It will make afternoons very busy there.
    Note, we are talking about a ONE day ticket.

So for $59, you can visit Disneyland from 8 to Midnight (based on Summer Hours).

Or for $79 (or $69 with the discount), you can take a break from Disneyland from 10 AM to 9 PM and visit DCA, but if you do, you don't gain any extra time, since it has to be done on the SAME day.

Right now, IMHO, the one and two day ParkHoppers aren't worth it, the 3 day and more Advance Purchase ParkHoppers are a decent deal, as are the Annual Passports, plus things like the SoCal CityPass (especially if bought at Costco) and the Play4Days from Costco.

• Vehicle rotating backward

What the heck? Why not offer this to everyone? DCA needs all the help it can get, ESPECIALLY convincing people who haven't been there before to give it a chance. Most interested locals have probably been there already. On the other hand, semi-rare visitors like me hear nothing but internet hearsay about how the park isn't worth near any cost.

Admittedly, all they did was slice park hopper in half ($10 over regular ticket instead of $20) but why only to locals again? Out here, the "Everyone Plays for the Kids' Price" promotion is ending, so what's next?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Admittedly, all they did was slice park hopper in half ($10 over regular ticket instead of $20) but why only to locals again? Out here, the "Everyone Plays for the Kids' Price" promotion is ending, so what's next?
    The Advance Purchase ParkHoppers are discounted year-round, you can find them at Disneyland.com

Plus you will see new fall specials based on the summer attendance, if they don't make the target numbers, expect to see larger discounts.

• Vehicle rotating backward

If DCA doesn't or if DL doesn't? Because the 50th promotion has been such a hit that I don't see DL not hitting it's target this summer. It will be utterly ridiculous to see them celebrate the 51st this July with last year's decorations still hanging around the castle and Town Square, but that's just how 18-month birthday parties work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast