Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A Thought. Actually a Question.

I had this thought. Actually it is a question. Why does it always seem that families are nicer, when they are at a Disney Park?

I have a photograph of 3 children. They are walking in Downtown Disney. They are hand in hand. They are actually getting along. I know these kids, and they are good kids, but they sometimes drive their mom crazy with their bickering. Take them to Disneyland, and they are the best of friends. They are actually getting along.

So why is that?
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-27-2006 at 05:00 AM.

• Huh?

Re: A Thought. Actually a Question.

Nicer? lol... you must never got cussed out by a stroller-pushing mother trying to push her sleeping infant to the front for the best view of MSEP.
    -Tim

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

think Disney magic!
    the happies, the fun of the day and joy. Not tire, Unhappey

sometime us old kid needs just that Disney Magic
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Disneymom

my 17 yr old daughter once said to me, "do you notice that Bobby and I never fight when we are in Disney?." That picture could be my kids. I have a 17 yr old girl, 14 yr old boy and 5 yr old girl. We all share a hotel room and for the most part they all get along better when Mickey is near.

• We set sail for the sky

Actually every time I go to Disneyland I am reminded how wonderful it is that I don't have children and never plan to.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I don't think that everyone is necessarily nicer when they are in Disneyland. I remember one of my older brothers would HAVE TO be the first in line in our party and he'd elbow you out if he wasn't. Happened in every amusement park, even Disneyland. Well...I guess that's cause that had that middle child syndrome.

• Minion

Wink Re: A Thought. Actually a Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    I don't think that everyone is necessarily nicer when they are in Disneyland. I remember one of my older brothers would HAVE TO be the first in line in our party and he'd elbow you out if he wasn't. Happened in every amusement park, even Disneyland. Well...I guess that's cause that had that middle child syndrome.
    I agree. Alex was quite a bit pushy when we went to the park wasn't he?

I don't agree that families are nicer when they vist the park though. One of my favorite things to do at the park is sit at the hub, or anywhere actually, and do some people watching. I always watch groups together, soemtimes families, and by the end of the day you could see that some of the parents are about to snap. They are probably thinking that buying their kid the noisy Buzz Lightyear ray gun probably wasn't the best investment they made early in the day.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So the Happiest Place on Earth makes some people crabby?

• Huh?

You can't please some people any of the time...
    -Tim

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    So the Happiest Place on Earth makes some people crabby?

I think it can. I have gone to the park and started off in a great mood but after a few hours I was ready to start killing me some kids. On a hot, busy summer day peoples tempers tend to flare up. You have the combination of the heat, plus so many people you have to constantly dodge, the strollers, the motorized wheelchairs, the japanese tour groups, the kid that keeps poking you in the butt with their Jack Sparrow sword, the inconsiderate boob who is smoking in line, the edgy cast member who snapped his answer at you when you simply asked him how he was doing, the fact that everything went up in price from the last time you came and now you have to decide if you can afford dinner or lunch because you certainly can't aford to do both.

Then you start to calm down as you wait calmly for the fireworks or for Fantasmic, only to have the tell you, after waiting a very long time, that the show has been cancelled due to an act of God. Which reminds me of a story of my father, who lost his temper after his third attempt to watch Fantasmic had failed. He had never seen the show and for three visits in a row, once per year, he would sit by the river and wait for a couple of hours so he could get a good spot and watch the show. Well, as his luck would have it, it was understandably cancelled the first time due to rain. The second time due to wind. The third time, there was no announcement. Cast members simply started putting ropes away and lights came on and they started working on the island, a good indication there was to be no show. He had waited for about 2 hours and when he saw that they had cancelled again for no reason he lost it. He grabbed the nearest trash can and hurled it into the river. Needless to say security wasn't pleased but that just goes to show that just because the place is designed to create happy times does not mean it will.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is turning into a thread to disprove my original theory.

Are there no happy families out there?

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    This is turning into a thread to disprove my original theory.

Are there no happy families out there?
    I'm sure there are. But no one can be happy 24/7. Let alone a whole family. That would be kinda weird, don't you think? Or maybe I'm just too set into the dysfunctional family being the norm. I could agree with a family like on Roseanne being the norm then say Leave it to Beaver. JMO!

Smile Re: A Thought. Actually a Question.

We were a happy family at Disneyland! Growing up with four siblings, someone was always fighting. But never at Disneyland. I think that's why my family loves it so much. We would be fighting like cats and dogs the 8 hour car ride over, but once we got to Disneyland, everyone always got along. We were considerate of each other, i.e. taking turns riding in front or with mom or dad, sharing souvenirs, snacks. Nothing but happy memories for us!

• Disneymom

I feel that any situation can be stressful but it's how we react to them. Yes, there are crabby kids and parents and cms but it is our attitude towards all of that that make the experiences we have. I just try to let it all roll off and go with the flow. I try to understand that some people have better days than others but I am there to have a good time and it doesn't matter what is going on around me. The last time I went (Easter weekend) it rained alot but we still had fun. Sometimes I think that if people are going to complain all day then yes, they are going to have a bad time but if your outlook is better no matter what then your day will be better.

I am always happy, my children are always happy, my husband HATES the park. He is always afraid the kids are going to be kidnapped! He doesn't do well in crouds!

Erika

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast