• Banned User

Question The Eating Experience

As we all know, most of us here have a soft spot for Disneyland cuisine. Whether it be in the form of a dole whip, or a huge corn dog, we all love it all. Food to most of us is part of the experience, or we might actually view it as an experience in its self. With the upcoming opening of the service upgrade at the New Orleans Café, I was thinking about how Disneyland needs more dinning like this, throughout the park. But is it really advantageous to the majority? For those of us lucky enough to visit often we don't mind, we actually enjoy, taking the time to sit down have a nice meal within the mouse house. Should Disneyland continue to upgrade services around the park, maybe build new restaurants, or should they continue to provide the fast food trademark that busy and rushed America has come to love?
    Last edited by Dirton; 04-27-2006 at 08:00 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: The Eating Experience

I think it needs to be a balance. I know at WDW I love the fast food so much, but everyonce in a while you want a change, so I think those smaller scale smaller price sit down meals are great, and probably not in enough quantity (like WDW's Plaza Restaurant).

• Dont make me unfriend you

Growing up in So Cal and going to DL a lot as a kid, I have never eaten at any "sit down" or table service place in DL. We always ate the fast food. Usually in TL. we would eat in the TL Terrace or the restruant over in the corner by Space MT. I forget the name of it. But it wa salways hot dogs or hamburgers. We wanted more time on the rides! Not eating! You can eat anywhere.

Now, with my kids, we get to the park maybe once or twice a year (for only a couple day days each time) We try to eat quick. Also, price is an issue for us. We eat cheaply in the parks. well, as cheaply as we can. So, no table service places for us. Besides the kids are still pretty young, so they are happy with hot dogs or chicken nuggets.

There was another thread about the food quality. While, I think the quality of food should go up, I fear a great increase in food price. There needs to be enough cheaper or rather "less expensive" places to eat for families with a few kids.

EDIT: If I want to take my family to a nice restruant, I'm not taking them someplace where I have to pay close to $200 just to get the family through the gates first. We usually spend a week or so in Cal on our vactions and only a 2-3 days of that is at DL. So, I have other times to take them to a nicer sit down dinner.

• Banned User

More restaurants and better food options. I would love a minimal of 3 new nice restaurants come to the park. I like seating down and enjoying a meal, and Disney does not provide that.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

I stated my opinion in that other thread. BBQ, BBQ, BBQ, BBQ!!!!!!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Minion FOREVER!

Also in WDW, there are a HUGE variety of eating experiences. And EPCOT is
    really awesome at that... Many of the sit-down restaurants try to give
    you an experience in addition to the meal.

IMHO, only Blue Bayou does something like that in DL (ok, Tahitian Terrance *did*)
    Maybe Pizza Port and Carnation Cafe/Plaza Inn a little. But beyond that there's
    really nothing memorable. Basically, places that serve something unique and
    provide ambience. (OK, Thunder Ranch (?) BBQ did as well).

But overall, I would like to see: balance AND variety (esp that works with the
    Land theme). Village Haus has a LOT of potential in that realm that's not being
    used (German food). Similarly w/ Hungry Bear (BBQ & Southern food).

Also fast food doesn't necessarily mean no variety either. For example, noodle
    soup (ramen) in Japan is considered fast food. Even Bengal Tiger BBQ is fast, but
    is unique.

• Minion

Red Face Re: The Eating Experience

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    I stated my opinion in that other thread. BBQ, BBQ, BBQ, BBQ!!!!!!
    I agree...Bring back Big Thunder BBQ! There was no logical reason for removing it. The food was good, the food was plentiful and best of all, it was DIFFERENT. Let's get out of this whole Presslarization of the park and start giving us more variety. I mean, you can literaly get a friggin cheeseburger at most places in the park. Where do I go if I want some BBQ? Knotts Barry Farm I guess.