Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 160
  1. #16

    •   
    • Damn Good Burger!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the backseat!
    Posts
    5,969

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Well, let's say that they have 50 people working in the parking system.

    One person works 8 hours
    Average wage is probably around 8 dollars per hour.

    50 x 8 x 8 = $3200.

    There is also the costs of diesel. Throw a thousand dollars in.

    So costs are about $4200. I am sure that is in the ball park. If you have different estimates about the number who works with parking, then just plug in the new numbers.
    You also need to take into consideration fringe benefits, original contruction costs, capital depreciation, capital improvements, general maintenance and countless other costs. It isn't a cut and dry equation, there are a lot of elements that go in to calculating profit. As stated above, an estimate of revenue is much easier to calculate.

  2. #17

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Well, let's say that they have 50 people working in the parking system.

    One person works 8 hours
    Average wage is probably around 8 dollars per hour.

    50 x 8 x 8 = $3200.

    There is also the costs of diesel. Throw a thousand dollars in.

    So costs are about $4200. I am sure that is in the ball park. If you have different estimates about the number who works with parking, then just plug in the new numbers.
    Parking and Transportation CMs make $8.20 per hour. Those 20 cents add up! (CM wages link)

    And you forgot to add in the cost of the CMs who stay up late-night pressure-washing the parking structure and the parking lots (and everything else GrouchyRobb mentioned). (Or were those factored into the 50?) And the maitenance on the trams, etc. ...Only 50 CMs in the parking staff seems like a small amount to me.. Hmm

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  3. #18

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob
    You also need to take into consideration fringe benefits, original contruction costs, capital depreciation, capital improvements, general maintenance and countless other costs. It isn't a cut and dry equation, there are a lot of elements that go in to calculating profit. As stated above, an estimate of revenue is much easier to calculate.
    Ok, try revenue? Instead of profit? Would that be easier?

  4. #19

    •   
    • Damn Good Burger!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the backseat!
    Posts
    5,969

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Your numbers don't even begin to cover costs. The trams have to be figured into the costs of the parking structure since they serve the parking structure. That includes the design, construction, maintenace and insurance of the trams. Let's not forget the origianl cost to build the parking structure and the amount of money necessary to insure it, clean it, maintain it, maintain the maintenace vehicles, pay for the maintenance staff to repair the trams and maintenence vehicles that service the parking structure, chemicals for cleaning all that concrete.... the list goes on and on and on....
    Arg! I really should learn to type quicker, you beat me to the punch.

  5. #20

    • Dont make me unfriend you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Back before days befoe the Micky and Friends parking and DTD, Disney hired an outsourcing company to clean up the parking lot. They would have 2-3 street cleaner trucks + 5 or other employees who worked for the outsourced company, (not CM's) who came in each night to clean the parking lot. but there were also about 5-6 CM's who cleaned the bathrooms, the pinic area, locker area near the pinic area and tooth booths. But all that was 12 years ago, I don't know how it's done now.

    The number of 50 parking CM's is just counting the number of CM's who work in any given day. Not the total they have on staff. But I really have no idea how many they have working each day.

  6. #21

    • Launch sequence engaged
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    435

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    And what cracks me up is they make you walk all the way back to your car with no moving walkway or anything. And they still charge you ten bucks!
    Moving walkways?! I understand some people are tired after a long day in the parks, but I'd hope the majority of people aren't that lazy. Knotts Berry Farm doesn't even have trams, and Six Flags rarely operates theirs (although new management may have changed that). By the way, Disney charges less than Six Flags, and their parking situation is much more convenient.

    Regardless of all that, while the price of parking can be considered astronomical, the reality is that the money is going towards something.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

    Avatar designed by Greg Maletic

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Riverside County, CA
    Posts
    911

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    We all need to keep in mind as well that this $100k figure is PER DAY!
    That's a heck of a lot of money when multiplied by a month of a full parking structure plus some additional spots!!!


    I'm just sayin...
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

  8. #23

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,187
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    any body Know the number of park space in the over size parking.
    I think that number is not add to the parking Structure.
    bus and RV and truck cost more to pay to park.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowlandTourist
    Moving walkways?! I understand some people are tired after a long day in the parks, but I'd hope the majority of people aren't that lazy. Knotts Berry Farm doesn't even have trams, and Six Flags rarely operates theirs (although new management may have changed that). By the way, Disney charges less than Six Flags, and their parking situation is much more convenient.

    Regardless of all that, while the price of parking can be considered astronomical, the reality is that the money is going towards something.
    When your at the HIGEST parking level and your car is at the FARTHEST possible spot from the escalator, and your tired; it's one o'clock in the morning: Yeah! I'm tired! I think moving walkways would be great, at least in small sections. Disney needs to improve everything at that parking garage- I didn't see one single security officer on my level when I left the park- we could have gotten so easily robbed! And yes, I know Six Flags is more, but still, Disney shouldn't make paying guests walk all the way back to their car- I'm talking for the people who's cars are in the WAY back- maybe they should add a tram route to the other side of the structure and connect it to the current one. That would be a good idea. O well, all I know was that walk in December was a one hell of a walk!

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Bedford,MA soon to be NYC
    Posts
    121

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Disney Dreamer you are being kind of self serving, because you had to walk back to your parents car that happened to be in the back of the Structure, you think they should have moving side walks? yes people are tired after a long day and they do have elevators and escelators, but it is the most convenient place to park and $10 is not alot when you consider it is much more at other places like baseball games and other sports events.
    And lastly security in most parking structures does not exist except at the front gate where you enter and pay... I highly doubt you and your posse would have gotten robbed and if you did I am sure you were not the last ones out of the park or in the parking structure so someone would have seen or heard something.
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

  11. #26

    • Tom Chaney R.I. P.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just somewhere south of dysfunctional
    Posts
    3,223

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Parking and Transportation CMs make $8.20 per hour. Those 20 cents add up! (CM wages link)
    If a CM makes $8.20 per hour, it costs Disney much more than that have a employee. In My job my employeer pays over $12000.00 year for benifits per person, then there are taxes that must be paid for each employee. SSI, Disibility, and others. Granted where I work we have one of the best benifit packages in the State of California The cost to the company I work for is over $8.00 per hour just for benifits and taxes.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE





    PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

  12. #27

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltsFavorite02
    Disney Dreamer you are being kind of self serving, because you had to walk back to your parents car that happened to be in the back of the Structure, you think they should have moving side walks? yes people are tired after a long day and they do have elevators and escelators, but it is the most convenient place to park and $10 is not alot when you consider it is much more at other places like baseball games and other sports events.
    And lastly security in most parking structures does not exist except at the front gate where you enter and pay... I highly doubt you and your posse would have gotten robbed and if you did I am sure you were not the last ones out of the park or in the parking structure so someone would have seen or heard something.
    You wouldn't know- you weren't there! It was still creepy, ok? What's wrong with moving sidewalks? They are basically flattened elevators.

  13. #28

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,206
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    A Disney Dreamer, you're paranoid. We don't need security everwhere.

    Also, moving walkways would add to operating costs. They would also cut down on available parking spaces. And if numbe rof spaces decreases than Disney has a basis for raising prices.

    The 100k figure is assuming all parking deck levels are full and paid for individually. But more than one car can also occupy the same spot. But there is a lot to factor and the more you look it is a rather nice deal.

  14. #29

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    Moving sidewalks are not necessary. If you're too lazy to walk from the car to the tram or from the tram to your car what are you doing going to an theme park all day where you are required to walk and stand all day? Ridiculous.

    Security, like WaltsFavorit02 said, is pretty much nonexistant in most places. That's one reason why Disney puts the notice on your parking ticket that they are not responsible for damages or losses to your property.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  15. #30

    • Dont make me unfriend you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

    The parking area might not have security guards, but there are cameras all over the area. I don;t know if somebody is sitting there activity "watching" the monitors or not. But there are cameras all over the garage area. If somebody is watching and the guard sees something, he can dispatch police or security there if needed.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What makes Disney so Special to you?
    By WDW Peak Seasons in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 06:34 AM
  2. What makes Disney so Special to you?
    By WDW Peak Seasons in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM
  3. What song at disney makes you cry
    By chinken6 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
  4. What makes Disney so magical...?
    By Soulquarian in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 08:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •