Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• white and nerdy

Re: I Wonder How Much Disney Makes Off Of Parking Per Day

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    You wouldn't know- you weren't there! It was still creepy, ok? What's wrong with moving sidewalks? They are basically flattened elevators.

And this post wins for funniest post ever.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

And lets not forget the hotel parking and Downtown Disney, shall we? Even if we round down to $100,000 a day (which could quite possibly go higher) you're still looking at $36.5 MILLION dollars a year taken as profit. Revenue could actually be much higher.

Not bad....and I'm SURE they paid that structure off during the first year, and probably the strawberry field it's sitting on.

Gotta keep those stock holders happy....

• white and nerdy

Bottom line? Disneyland is doing very well.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Moving sidewalks are not necessary. If you're too lazy to walk from the car to the tram or from the tram to your car what are you doing going to an theme park all day where you are required to walk and stand all day? Ridiculous.
    MasterGracey that is exactly what I was going to say, thanks for saving me all that extra typing.

Seriously don't you think you could be attacked on a moving sidewalk just as easily as on foot? I'm sure either way the security cameras would have caught the dirty deed. While I think they are cool I don't think they are needed and they certainly won't make the garage less creepy.

And actually they are more like flattened escalators not elevators.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

With so many security cameras in the parking structure, I would be willing to bet that at least the majority of the cameras are dummy cameras and don't really have any fuction. There's just too many of them, and I couldn't imagine there being a big a room big enough with enough security guards scanning through them.

If I'm not mistaken a lot large establishments have dummy cameras, including museums like the Lourve. I would bet disneys parking structure's cameras are just dummy cameras as well.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Merry 2014!

Yeah I think that disney should provide some personal transprotation to your car after a long ,hot day at the park. After you get off the tram, there should be little "doom buggy" type cars that go up into the structure and deposit you right in front of your car. Yeah, that would be sweet.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Dont make me unfriend you

could be that the cameras were dummies. Sometimes they have cameras but nobody is watching the monitor. They just review the tapes after the fact if something happened. For example, if a car was broken into. Maybe nobody was watching the monitor when it happened, but after it was reported, they could look at the tapes and see what happened. At least that how it was when I worked security someplace else, not Disney.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Moving sidewalks are not necessary. If you're too lazy to walk from the car to the tram or from the tram to your car what are you doing going to an theme park all day where you are required to walk and stand all day? Ridiculous.
    I'm not lazy Andy! When its one o'clock in the morning, you have been walking non-stop for hours and hours on hand, and your carrying huge souvineer bags, yes, I'm tired! Not freaken lazy! I think it would just be a nice touch if Disney could add a few walking sidewalks here and there- do you have a problem with that? And, for anyone, don't say Disney doesn't have the money or it could be used for better areas- No! They could pull out a few bucks and add those cool things in- make Disney 'top' the rest with an impressive parking garage.

Security, like WaltsFavorit02 said, is pretty much nonexistant in most places. That's one reason why Disney puts the notice on your parking ticket that they are not responsible for damages or losses to your property.
    Oh, well that makes me feel better. Glad Disney doesn't care for my personal safety. All I'm asking is to have one or two security guards out at night on each level. Listen: When I went last time to the Resort and while going to our car on Donald level, there were only about 20 other cars on the level- No security, a guy who purchased a DL parking ticket and had a knife in his car, yeah- We could have possibly gotten robbed- due to the fact NO ONE was on the level at the time of our crossing.

Bad show Disney- hire more guards.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    MasterGracey that is exactly what I was going to say, thanks for saving me all that extra typing.

Seriously don't you think you could be attacked on a moving sidewalk just as easily as on foot? I'm sure either way the security cameras would have caught the dirty deed. While I think they are cool I don't think they are needed and they certainly won't make the garage less creepy.

And actually they are more like flattened escalators not elevators.
    LMAO, I meant escalators lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Regarding the loooooong walk back to the car after a tired day: Perhaps Disney could make a few more bucks by offering Valet Service for an additional $10-$20.

I'm fascinated by the "non-skid" design in the concrete floors of the parking structure. You've seen it: the parallel curved lines that repeat every 12 inches or so. Did you know that these were formed by hand-trowel? How would you have liked to had THAT job!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Regarding the loooooong walk back to the car after a tired day: Perhaps Disney could make a few more bucks by offering Valet Service for an additional $10-$20.

I'm fascinated by the "non-skid" design in the concrete floors of the parking structure. You've seen it: the parallel curved lines that repeat every 12 inches or so. Did you know that these were formed by hand-trowel? How would you have liked to had THAT job!
    10 bucks! I rather walk- why can't Disney create something for the enjoyment of guests that doesn't cost them a penny? I swear, the company is becoming more heartless everyday.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowlandTourist
    By the way, Disney charges less than Six Flags, and their parking situation is much more convenient.

Regardless of all that, while the price of parking can be considered astronomical, the reality is that the money is going towards something.
    Ever have to park at Pummba or Simba, neither of which Disney offers Tram services from, but still charges full price for. And the walk is close to 1 mile from your car to the Main Entry Plaza!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Ever have to park at Pummba or Simba, neither of which Disney offers Tram services from, but still charges full price for. And the walk is close to 1 mile from your car to the Main Entry Plaza!
    That fact sickens and disgust me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

10 bucks! I rather walk- why can't Disney create something for the enjoyment of guests that doesn't cost them a penny? I swear, the company is becoming more heartless everyday.
    Welcome to the Capitalist system. You don't wanna pay ten bucks... then walk. So would I. There are those, however, who would gladly pay ten bucks to have their car brought to them. It happens at fancy restaurants every evening. The Walt Disney Corporation is not in the business of providing fun and frolic for free. It is in the business of making a profit. Profits are not heartless. Profits are what pay for the rehab of the Submarine Ride, maintenence of the park, wages for the CMs, new attractions, returns to investors who invest billions in the enterprise, etc. etc. etc. Here's the beauty part: the Valet is only making $8.20 per hour (plus tips) He/she can retrieve a bunch of cars at $10 per... each hour. The company makes a pile of profit... then re-invests it into fantastic fireworks shows, paint, rides, etc. Heck... if they make enough, they can even do stuff like BUY Pixar!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'm pretty sure that installing moving sidewalks WOULD cost Disney at least two pennies. And on top of that, add on another couple pennies for the cost to run them on a daily basis. Oh and don't forget another penny for maitanance. Oh, but you're right -- 5 is nothing. Surely Disney can spare a nickel for our comfort!

But really. One day when you have a job and are paying bills you'll realize that money doesnt grow on trees (nope, not even for Disney!), despite what you'd like to believe.
    I guess dreams don't always come true. Julie Andrews is a liar.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast