Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Rodent Infestation in Disneyland Restaurants?

Last night, after the fireworks, I happened to catch a glimpse of a mouse climb into one of the banquettes at the Plaza Inn. Droppings were clearly visible there, so I spoke to the manager who just brushed-off the report and said that she would "call it in".

Has anyone else noticed problems with rodents at certain Disneyland restaurants? The Plaza Inn was filthy, and the banquette, itself, had upholstery that was just disgusting.

• no flash photography...

Re: Rodent Infestation in Disneyland Restaurants?

I know they have a huge rodent and roach problem. It's to bad they are not in LA county. (They aren't right?), because restuarants here are required to post grades the health inspectors give them. I worked at one place that was given a B because a seal on the refrigerator was slightly loose. One restuarant I went to once and recieved a free meal (I didn't eat it) after a roach crawled across the wall in front of me, recieved a failing grade and had to close and clean up. They are open agagin, but I still will not eat there.

I'm sure the Queen Mary has issues as well. I saw more than a few roaches while exploring....

Then again, I suppsoe they could pay the health inspectors off....usually they are just given a warnignt o clean it up in a certain amoutn of time. the inspector comes back, it looks good, then they let it go again.....

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

If you didn't already know the park has a pretty bad rat & mice problem so I'm not surprised. As for her attitude? Well I'd chalk it up to "there just ain't enough people working to deal with it". I'd suggest going straight to Guest Relations from now on to make a complaint like that.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

[quote=SCUBAbe]I know they have a huge rodent and roach problem. It's to bad they are not in LA county. (They aren't right?), because restuarants here are required to post grades the health inspectors give them. [quote]

Disney must follow those same requirements and must live up to health inspectors grades.

[quote=mistyisjafo][quote=SCUBAbe]I know they have a huge rodent and roach problem. It's to bad they are not in LA county. (They aren't right?), because restuarants here are required to post grades the health inspectors give them.

Disney must follow those same requirements and must live up to health inspectors grades.
    yes, but they don't post them. I restaurnat can stay open with a D grade....and thats just gross....

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo
    As for her attitude? Well I'd chalk it up to "there just ain't enough people working to deal with it". I'd suggest going straight to Guest Relations from now on to make a complaint like that.
    I did.

This situation is unacceptable.

When I spoke with the manager, I was appalled by her seeming indifference. So, I went to City Hall to write a complaint. Disney is surely bribing the health inspectors because the conditions of some of these restaurants are horrendous.

Has anyone else had firsthand experience?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

In the french quarter restaurant, usually in the morning before its open to the public, has quite a problem. It seems every time I walk by there are a couple of mice and atleast one rat...then they have the cats who make their home behind the NOS trian station. It has never bothered me because I have never seen them during dining hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    yes, but they don't post them. I restaurnat can stay open with a D grade....and thats just gross....

You can find the results of health inspections for the last two years at http://http://foodinspections.ocgov....sortorder=DESC

I didn't look at every restuarant and food service area for Disneyland, but the ones I did look at had no major violations on their last inspections and a few had won awards of excellence in the past two years.

• Merry 2014!

That is so gross that I may not eat in the park next time I go. The indifferecne towards it is appalling.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by Deogge's Mom
    You can find the results of health inspections for the last two years at http://http://foodinspections.ocgov....sortorder=DESC

I didn't look at every restuarant and food service area for Disneyland, but the ones I did look at had no major violations on their last inspections and a few had won awards of excellence in the past two years.
    thats good to know if I research beforehand, but it's not like I have a laptop with me at the park or that the park has hotspots everywhere. (I do have a wireless computer, but the hotspots are limited to the bars it seems...LOL)....I kind of like the grades psoted, because you can be sponataneous and still have an idea of the cleanliness....Does SFMM post grades? I have never eaten there or noticed....

I wonder why when i click on that link it takes me to a microsoft website...hhmmmm....

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

N/m, ya'll posted while I was replying
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Man of Logic and Reason

I saw a mouse run across the floor in the French Market once, but you should remember that a great deal of rodents make their home outside of restaurants and they don't often get into any of the food products. They don't live inside of any of the kitchens or anything. Also a great majority of them live on Tom Sawyer Island, and throughout the Jungle Cruise. They have cats to take care of them, but remember that a cat can only eat so much. There is no other way to safely take care of the problem. You can't set poison traps for fear that either a child (or adult in some cases) might find it by mistake, or that after a rat or mouse took the poison it might up and die right in the middle of a walk way. Either way it's a bad scenario. They do the best they can with such and difficult task as getting rid of all mice.

*By the way, I always eat at the Stage Door Cafe which by a happy twist of fate, got the highest rating when the health inspectors come.*

• For You!

After reading the inspections - seems like the most popular is lack of hand washing and appearance. How hard is it to wash your hands every 20-30 minutes and wear a hairnet and wash you clothes at night?? When I worked at Burger King (many years ago) - those were rules we had. I was 16 and could follow it.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast