Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Photo TR: Disneyland in the Philippines ... (that's right)

^ I opted not to meet the penguins. I LOVE the penguins, but seeing how that park was maintained I knew that if the penguins were not being treated well I would be pissed.

Ignorance is certainly bliss.

Plus I was tired.

You forgot that Erik Estrada still has a thriving career here in the states as a pitchman for a mountain/vacation real estate infomercial.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer

That's the only thing I like.
    This is amusing. They got a Little Mermaid attraction and Disneyland doesn't!

• Shubisha

All that buildup and you didn't go on the mermaid or snow white rides?

-thx

• Circle of Ancients

^ I was TIRED!!!!

I woke up at 7:00pm friday night. Went to work, spent 10 hours there. Got off at 630am. Got back to the hotel had breakfast, etc. Left at 11am, went to MEGA Mall, Green Hills, Fort Santiago then here. By the time I took those last pictures it was about 5pm and I had been up 22 hours. I was fading ... and fast.

One other observation. That park not only ripped off Disney but also ripped off Carl's Jr. with their happy star face logo.

Thanks for posting the pics Sir Clink, it's always good to see how the other half lives.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Oh my god. Not just sorta ripping off Disney's charecter looks...really ripping them off. Amazing.

oh gosh gotta love SHOE MART! (SM). I haven't been there since I was a kid... like 5 which apparently my parents think deprives me of my ethnicity.

Anyways, yes... the Philipines is known for things like that. There's one SM where they have a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs dark ride... It was pretty cheap. It only took you through the rainbow mine... (or so I thought) and then ended.

And regarding the safety... they aren't that safe lol. My cool Filipino cousins got me on a roller coaster at SM with a 48" height requirement when I was like 3 and a half ft tall. Hahaha

PS: Pronouncing "Zyklon" with an authentic Fob accent gives you the Filipino way of saying "Psyclone" the popular ride at Coney Island and some Six Flags parks.
    Last edited by RealEmotionFFX2; 05-03-2006 at 06:28 PM.

• DCA lover

Wow, those pics are bizarre!
    Thanks for that.
    Did anyone else find it disturbing that they had a coaster named "Zyklon Loop"?
    (edit: apparently, "zyklon" is German for "cyclone"--makes sense, but...yeah, still creeps me out)
    Last edited by Hippie; 05-03-2006 at 07:16 PM.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Is it me?or are those Ronald McDonald's feet?
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 05-04-2006 at 03:16 AM.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Some pictures a friend found of that lion king ride...sorry for the small size:

...yes, i'm scared too. >_< *hides* I...really don't get the Nala and the lionesses in chains thing, is that supposed to symbolize Scar's tyranny over them? Eeesh.
    Last edited by GuardianDragon_Mushu; 05-04-2006 at 08:09 AM.

• My Own Oasis

Wow, I never thought I'd see this topic pop up here, but I guess this allows me to submit a short TR of Star City from about 2 years ago.

I rode the Zyklon loop and it was the scariest ride I've ever ridden. This is coming from someone that has ridden Millenium Force, Ghost Rider, Medusa West, Vertical Velocity, Roar and all of that coaster goodness. Was it thrilling because of the layout? because the number of inversions? No. It was simply because of how incredibly dangerous it seemed to be to ride it. That was the thrill. Not knowing if you would make it back to the station alive. Haha. What didn't help was that the loop looked to be more like a perfect circle, which according to my coaster history, caused people to black out and therefore resulted in the more eliptical loop we have in today's coasters.

I did notice the blatant intellectual properties that were taken from Disney here. The only one of those I ended up riding was The Lion King Ride. When I was there they had Small World style boats that took you around to the different scenes and instead of audio-animatronics you had live actors in costume. This added an interesting element to the ride because we literally had acrobats swinging from vines to different platforms above our boat.

There were alot of Haunted House attractions there too. There were three and I did two of them I think. These were the best part of Star City I think. They were all themed very well and had some really neat effects inside of them. Did you do any of the haunted hauses sir clinksalot? I enjoyed them alot.

In terms of rides, I liked the Log Flume they had. It was the only Log Flume I've ever ridden that actually has air time believe it or not haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12