View Poll Results: Heelies: love'em VS hate'em

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • love'em

14 13.21%
  • hate'em

55 51.89%
  • don't really care, they're just shoes that cause kids to be dangerous moving obstacles

37 34.91%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Poll: Heelies....

My favorite one was the kid who got them down into the station and then proceeded to wheel themselves to their number, managed to overshoot and fly off the curb and into the track in front of an incoming car. The whole time the mother is laughing at how adorable her son is but after it happened she started yelling at me for not watching over her kid. Ummm, last I checked that was not my kid to discipline.

I personally hate the heelies. To me, it's just another way for fat children to avoid walking.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Like 'em. I'm too old for them but it looks like fun for the kids. It wouldn't be cool if they're running into people and things .... but I've personally never seen a kid bump into somebody on those. Ever. Anywhere. So I've always had the impression that, hey, these kids got skills! There's some regular Dorothy Hamills out there!

(But if they're not allowed in the Park, then it's a no-go. Period.)

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Never seen a fat kid on 'em either. ... for the record

But one more thing: what's up with the skewed poll?

As in, this optional answer: "don't really care, they're just shoes that cause kids to be dangerous moving obstacles"

Way to be objective. Not.

And, hey, it could be worse.

They could be wearing hoodies.

(And, yes, I just can't leave this thread alone.)

• Married and happy again!!

I can't stand them. Most kids are far from responsible enough to have them. They pay no attention where they are going for the most part. And are just rolling little hazards. The parents that can't control when the kids are using this things are just as bad as the kids. Sorry if this bugs any parents on here but I have been almost run over by kids in these heelies shoes to many times to count. I don't believe you should be allowed to where them in amusment parks (any ones) or in stores or malls. I know they are stricktly banned at my kids schools. I will not buy them for either of my kids.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    I personally hate the heelies. To me, it's just another way for fat children to avoid walking.
    Actually it takes a lot more effort to get around on Heelies than it does to walk. Its not all gliding around effortlessly. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• white and nerdy

I guess I'm just not old enough to have the "kids these days with their crazy wheelie shoes and rock and roll" mentality...

Ohhhh.. FACE!!!!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• I Hate Peter Pan

Both my kids have them and are not allowed to bring them into the park simply because of crowds and uneven pavement. But, I was not even going to say anything here until I read through. Amazing that something that is fun for a lot of kids is now turning into bad parenting and laziness. I suppose swinging around my yo-yo and riding my big wheel while spinning out on the sidewalk and bouncing on my pogo stick while people were walking by made my parents horrible, lets not even mention climbing the rocks on Tom Sawyer Island, what was I thinking.

I have been bumped into by people with strollers, powered wheelchairs, had balloons get blown by the wind and hit me in the head, sticky cotton candy stuck to my pant leg, stepped in fallen ice cream, breathed secondhand smoke while in line, watched some major PDA...all by adults, where were the grandparents then!.........

Seriously, there is a time and a place for everything, but to "hate" something as simple as this? and pass judgement on others?..please
    SMEEEEEEEE.......................HELP ME!!!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by James T Hook
    Both my kids have them and are not allowed to bring them into the park simply because of crowds and uneven pavement. But, I was not even going to say anything here until I read through. Amazing that something that is fun for a lot of kids is now turning into bad parenting and laziness. I suppose swinging around my yo-yo and riding my big wheel while spinning out on the sidewalk and bouncing on my pogo stick while people were walking by made my parents horrible, lets not even mention climbing the rocks on Tom Sawyer Island, what was I thinking.

I have been bumped into by people with strollers, powered wheelchairs, had balloons get blown by the wind and hit me in the head, sticky cotton candy stuck to my pant leg, stepped in fallen ice cream, breathed secondhand smoke while in line, watched some major PDA...all by adults, where were the grandparents then!.........

Seriously, there is a time and a place for everything, but to "hate" something as simple as this? and pass judgement on others?..please
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I mostly see kids wearing them at the mall or in disneyland, both of which are horrible places for them to be worn. I frequently see kids nearly run into people with them on in the mall and at disneyland. obviously it's poor parenting that allows them to be worn in those situations, but overall, I strongly dislike them in general.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Disneyland 1st, then food

I think everyone has forgotten what its like to be a kid. While I agree that they shouldn't be used in the park, I don't see what the harm is. Not every kid is a monster on wheels.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I hate them, because they are innappropriate 99% of the places they are worn. Parks, hotels, stores, all wrong. I always want to thrown something small in front of them as they roll on to screw them up.

• Hooterville, USA

Heelies make it easier to pull my kids down Main Street with their leashes. It's great fun for the whole family! Can't wait til I get grandma on some. Maybe I'll pull her behind my electric cart, while squirting tourists.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast