How busy with the Wine event this weekend?

We are coming to Disneyland this next Friday (5/5)..(Note, actually got Fantasmic 9:00 River seating for Friday just a couple of days ago)., Saturday (or Sunday), and then Monday of this week...

How big were the crowds this weekend.. I know the 2fer was no longer in effect, but was there any major congestion with the wine event at DCA?

Just curious.

Thanks

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: How busy with the Wine event this weekend?

I saw it on Saturday. I didn't go just saw the seating and they were about to start I believe the 12:00 one and there were plenty of empty seats. I would have gone except I had my 2 year old son.

no one at either park(sunday) very nice day to go...do you really think that the festival is going to pull large crowds? lol

Well, you can never know...Soap actors, and a bunch of B and C list stars seems to pack them in ...

Anyway, Got the dates wrong, but if Sunday is quiet in both parks, that bodes well for our son's (2 3/4 years old) first trip to D-land.

How was seating for fireworks as well?

Yes I know I am asking many questions but just want the trip to be a perfect one for our family...

I havent seen the fireworks lately, but in the ""off season"" its never too bad, probably get there b4 9 for a nice to decent seat, directly in front of castle is best.

Thanks for the feedback. Our son is excited (especially with all the trains!)

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Visited on Sunday, 'round noon. Things were quiet, the sun was out, and everything was delicious! We didn't attend the special events, but we did visit each of the four food windows and sampled every food item (and, of course, some wine). I'm glad to say that all of the food was good. DH and I really enjoyed the experience.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by joelle
    How big were the crowds this weekend.. I know the 2fer was no longer in effect, but was there any major congestion with the wine event at DCA?
    We arrived at 12 noon at California Adventure, and only the Hollywood area of the park was crowded, most likely due to Monsters, Inc./Aladdin/Tower of Terror traffic. By 3:30 p.m., however, the park was very much NOT crowded at all.

We attended one wine seminar and sampled food from all four locations, and enjoyed the above par food selections.

I saw a supervisor telling Cast Members that they were going to have more signage up (and signage was very poor - I doubt people knew that the Festival was going on, and if they did, they probably didn't understand just what it was).

Most of the day, the booths were completely empty. The Karl Strauss beer truck had a line, even though just steps away they could have obtained the same beers from the empty food booth windows.

• Just this guy......

The wait for Monster's INC was about 20 min after dinner. The place didn't seem that crowed.