Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Can they even have underwater projectors?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    Can they even have underwater projectors?

What do you think the Finding Nemo Sub ride is gonna be?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Fastpass Hater

I was going to start a simelar thread asking where AAs had been installed in the US parks in the last 10 years. I can only think of the Buzz ones at his ride, and maybe the Ellen one put in the new Universe Of Energy, but that might be from 94.

• Minion

I do think rides that are as AA-intensive as HM and PotC are a thing of the past. I suspect that, even though it is very low-tech, Splash Mountain's approach to in-ride characters represents the next wave, and followed through with Indy. The alternate approach during this time period was the Great Movie Ride, which introduced us to an incredible Wicked Witch AA, and also featured those interchangeable "tour guides."

Personally, I'd love to see an Indy-style vehicle dropped into a GMR-scale AA ride. For that matter, one of my pet ideas is tearing out the whole Autopia/MBC/Subs area in a few years and creating a submarine tour through a Sea Castle-style underwater city, where complex AAs can inhabit underwater vehicles, homes, and control centers, and simple-motion figures can operate freely in the water...

I think AAs will always be integral in Disney attractions. But unlike the days of HM and PotC, AAs will be part of the ride's ensemble of features, not the star.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    I was rather surprised that there were no AAs at DCA either.....it's screaming out for a really good California history AA attraction.
    there are no AA's in DCA? :confused: I could've sworn there's at least one AA in DCA

I mean isn't Hopper a fairly advanced AA, and also they have a few in Muppetvision?

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    I do think rides that are as AA-intensive as HM and PotC are a thing of the past. I suspect that, even though it is very low-tech, Splash Mountain's approach to in-ride characters represents the next wave, and followed through with Indy. The alternate approach during this time period was the Great Movie Ride, which introduced us to an incredible Wicked Witch AA, and also featured those interchangeable "tour guides."

Personally, I'd love to see an Indy-style vehicle dropped into a GMR-scale AA ride. For that matter, one of my pet ideas is tearing out the whole Autopia/MBC/Subs area in a few years and creating a submarine tour through a Sea Castle-style underwater city, where complex AAs can inhabit underwater vehicles, homes, and control centers, and simple-motion figures can operate freely in the water...

I think AAs will always be integral in Disney attractions. But unlike the days of HM and PotC, AAs will be part of the ride's ensemble of features, not the star.
    actualy even with Mansion it's debatable weather the AA's are the real stars

I really believe that the reason these rides haven't dated is because they get your imagination going and so that even though your not directly interacting with anything it makes you feel like your part of the story

Indy does this really well and of course Buzz would do it (Roger Rabbit introduced nothing new and it works better then any of the fantasyland rides for most people and I think that's the reason)

it depends it's all about how they can excite us and make us feel like we're part of the story and new technologies should always be a big part of that (along with good writing and effective use of the effects in non gimmicky fashions)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12