Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: 4/30 PHOTO UPDATE: Food & Wine Weekends, Inside Pirates Pt 2, Cafe Orleans, HM, +more

Wow MasterGracey, you are detailed!

Ok, the BRUSCHETTA was only $4 and yes, the bread was tough but the olives were great! (I could have done a better job)

The beef was tender but the chicken was not.

Not a fan of fish but I really liked the LOBSTER QUESADILLA even if the cheese was not "burn your tongue hot"

As for the FRESH CALIFORNIA PEACH COBBLER I give it an A!
    The peaches were great, it came with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and the crust was done right!

I do not regret spending money on any of it. It was fun and a nice change in the regular food I usually get while I am there.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Re: 4/30 PHOTO UPDATE: Food & Wine Weekends, Inside Pirates Pt 2, Cafe Orleans, HM, +

On Friday at lunchtime, the beef skewer was tender and tasty. The glaze, slightly sweet with hint of a spicy zing, was delicious. It's a very small plate, about 4 bites for your $5.

The fresh berries were a good value. Although there are only strawberries on the top, blueberries and either boysenberries or blackberries were buried in the lucious saboyan. $4

• Neep meep beep

Re: 4/30 PHOTO UPDATE: Food & Wine Weekends, Inside Pirates Pt 2, Cafe Orleans, HM, +

Myself, and frogwife (tm), visited the Food and Wine Festival yesterday afternoon, and tried the following foods:

Grilled artichoke with lemon aioli. Very tasty (the sauce makes it), but this is a food you have to sit down and eat - not grab 'n' go fare.

Lobster quesadilla with pepper jack cheese - this was really excellent. Went back for seconds.

Chicken skewers with wild mushroom / chardonnay sauce - also really good. Wife had three of these.

Beef skewer with chipotle-orange sauce - very good, and the sauce truly made this delicious. Wife had three of these also (later in the day).

Tomato salad with goat cheese - I tried this. The tomato was fresh, but the goat cheese was breaded and I think deep fried or baked. Not the most delicious selection of the festival, but good.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Re: 4/30 PHOTO UPDATE: Food & Wine Weekends, Inside Pirates Pt 2, Cafe Orleans, HM, +more

That picture of the possible bride's head makes me think that maybe the thing under the black sheet to the left is like the neck and shoulders of an axed husband...maybe something like a hatbox ghost thing? The shape looks like that to me, but that could just be my imagination! Great photos, thanks for keeping me updated when I'm so far away!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid
    That picture of the possible bride's head makes me think that maybe the thing under the black sheet to the left is like the neck and shoulders of an axed husband...maybe something like a hatbox ghost thing? The shape looks like that to me, but that could just be my imagination! Great photos, thanks for keeping me updated when I'm so far away!
    No, it is a picture frame on a wooden stand. It could be a picture of her husband with his head chopped off though! Maybe the purple sheet frame shows him before and this one shows him after!!!

If you look at the pictures I posted in the HM tracker there are more views and it shows the stand. Sorry!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

-- Added scans of the California Food & Wine Weekends guide maps and a scan from the Guide to the Magic park maps.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

cool pics, thanks for sharing

• Circle of Ancients

Anybody find it interesting that the guide just says "Disney's California" ... no mention of Disney's California Adventure at all.

Wonder if this is a pre-cursor to a name change to just "Disney's California".

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Anybody find it interesting that the guide just says "Disney's California" ... no mention of Disney's California Adventure at all.

Wonder if this is a pre-cursor to a name change to just "Disney's California".
    Since there are a variety of events being held at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, calling it "Disney's California Adventure Food & Wine Weekends" wouldn't work. Its a Resort-wide event, with the exception of Downtown Disney and Disneyland park.

The reason "California" is in the name of the event is because the food and wines featured in the festival are all from California or California-"themed"

| | |

• Prefect

Blog Entries

after MA we tried a couple of things from the festival. i got the cheese soup in the mini-bread bowl & the wine in the can. the soup was great, but the portions for all of the food are definitely SNACK sized. the wine was horrible & they didn't even give me the can...bastards!!
    <o>

Nice, and that pin basically summed up everything. Pixar=Disney=Pixar=Money.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Just an FYI, we got the rebate form after doing one of the free wine tastings. So you don't actualy have to spend any money (beyond admission...) to get one. My family ended up with 4 or 5 of 'em after all was said and done.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    Just an FYI, we got the rebate form after doing one of the free wine tastings. So you don't actualy have to spend any money (beyond admission...) to get one. My family ended up with 4 or 5 of 'em after all was said and done.
    Interesting! Thanks for the info!

| | |

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    That's interesting that you ended up with 4 or 5 because I wasn't even offered one, then I had to ask for one and they finally gave me one, but were questioning if I already got one.

Then I went to another section and scored another but the CM gave me the thrid degree about getting one somewhere else. I said I hadn't gotten one yet so he did reluctantly give me one. But when my friend asked for one also, he asked if we lived in the same house and said there is only one per household!

Maybe they didn't have their story straight.....

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Well my dad did a paid seminar, so he got one there, but the others wre really just being in the crowd at the same time they were handing them out.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12