Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Donalds younger brother

Disneyland Hotel

So I was informed by my AAA rep that disney told them that next year they are renovating the disneyland hotel. He said its going to be completely re themed. Just wondered when and how? Does anybody have any info?

• Donalds younger brother

Re: Disneyland Hotel

Anyone anyone..... buller.....buller

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re-themed as in Bugs Bunny, Spider Man or the Flintstone's???

I think that no matter what re-furb goes on, it will always be "themed" Disney. And I doubt that they would mess with the Neverland pool. It's fairly new already.

Fantasy Waters area? Or the koi ponds?

We regularly stay at the DL Hotel, but haven't heard anything, but that doesn't say much, we're not "in the loop".

• Merry 2014!

Refurbing the DLH would be most excellent! So you think they will have special construction rates? I wonder how much of it will end up on Disney auctions too.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Shubisha

I've got an idea... put a big lake in it so you can have waterfront dining and paddle boats and an awesome underwater arcade and then put miniature race cars in the corner and a nice cheaper alternative dining spot near the monorail and put better nighttime entertainment like a bar or something and...and... oh yeah bring back the awesome gift shop and souvenier shop(there was a difference!)

• A Pirate's life for me!

Ah, yes...The Monorail Cafe!

And don't forget the Bungalow's. We always requested those when we stayed at the "old" DL Hotel. Ground level with a nice patio for the kids to play in, and close to the parking.

Memories...

Ahhh...the OLD DH! That huge wonderful store in front by the monorail...oh and that other kind of out-of-the-way store across from Mazie's Pantry (was that the name?) that was down below...the Garden Rooms that I never stayed in but always thought looked so cool...the "Travelport" area that was always kind of eerie and deserted like a Twilight Zone set -- but there was an ATM right there so I could get cash to buy a cup of coffee at the Wharf Bar and then the bartender would validate my parking ticket so I didn't have to pay for parking 'cause I only visited the DH as a college student but never stayed there, just pretended like I did! And the old monorail station! All Googied out! LOL And the best thing -- riding "roundtrip" in the tailcone during the fireworks! Memories.....

• Having a Grand Day!

Maybe they may be bringing the Victorian theme to the DLH, either through heavy refurbishment or rebuilding?

I've drawn up plans for one myself, which would see the Garden theme from DTD and mixed with Fantasia. Tell me if you wan't me to post it.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Maybe they may be bringing the Victorian theme to the DLH, either through heavy refurbishment or rebuilding?

I've drawn up plans for one myself, which would see the Garden theme from DTD and mixed with Fantasia. Tell me if you wan't me to post it.
    I want you to post it.

I think a Victorian theme would be the bee's knees. Love anything Victorian, especially the haunted side of it. A stately manor would be a perfect setting for a Disneyland Hotel. However, in my mind, it is hard to beat the Arts and Crafts stylings of the Grand Californian. Obviously this couldn't be done twice, so I'll set for the old reliable Art Deco or Victorian style.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

I will admit it's starting to show it's age... It just seems darker and more how to say... OLD. Refurb is a good thing in my books, I'm guessing late winter "post rush" season?

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    I want you to post it.

I think a Victorian theme would be the bee's knees. Love anything Victorian, especially the haunted side of it. A stately manor would be a perfect setting for a Disneyland Hotel. However, in my mind, it is hard to beat the Arts and Crafts stylings of the Grand Californian. Obviously this couldn't be done twice, so I'll set for the old reliable Art Deco or Victorian style.
    I'll scan them in Tommorow. I took elements from the DLP Hotel and the HKDL Hotel and turned it into a tower.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    I want you to post it.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...330#post618330

• Minion

Why is it that when they talk about refurbishing or remodeling the Disneyland Hotel people don't seem to be as upset by it as they would be if this were an attraction? People flip out because they repainted the exterior of Space Mountain in 1998 and yet no one comes to the defense of the hotel even if they plan on knocking it down and rebuilding it. Strange.

And yes, before you start with the " theres a big difference" speeches I do know there is a difference. I just wonder why some things are nostalgic while others become obsolete.

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

I like this idea!, Just like the original buildings, tear down and make new. The Downtown Disney Parking lot is a nice place to put the new hotel. They could also build a new parking structures just for the Hotels and Downtown Disney.
    </IMG>

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

• Shablagoo!

I agree with SoCalFalcon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast