• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Mother's Day at Disneyland

My mom has yet to experience the 50th and I would love to take her on mothers day, I was just wondering what the crowd would be like. At Six Flags Magic Mountain last year it was as good as empty, I was wondering if Disneyland would be the same.

Thank you for your imput.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Mother's Day at Disneyland

We've been there for Mother's Day the last couple of years and went to the Park after our M-Day Brunch at the DL Hotel. The Park certainly had people there, but not as bad as it has been reported lately. It was quite enjoyable, actually.

But then again, how could you not enjoy it? It's Mother's Day and you are at DL!!!

Go and have a blast! (and maybe try the Brunch while you're there)

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Where can I get information about the brunch?
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• no flash photography...

We went one year. they gave out carnations and the crowds really dodn't seemt hat bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    We've been there for Mother's Day the last couple of years and went to the Park after our M-Day Brunch at the DL Hotel. The Park certainly had people there, but not as bad as it has been reported lately. It was quite enjoyable, actually.

But then again, how could you not enjoy it? It's Mother's Day and you are at DL!!!

Go and have a blast! (and maybe try the Brunch while you're there)
    So true!

• Circle of Ancients

We usually go to Hurricane Harbor on Mothers Day ... it's nice and empty. Though I think this year we will have to take a detour into SFMM to take a spin on Tatsu.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I am debating about going for Mothers Day keep in mind I love going to Disneyland its inbred in me. My daughters want us to come down for the weekend but after being in LA moving my oldest 2 weekends ago, having my grandson for a week and then returning him to his parents this weekend in Gilroy and going to Bonfante Gardens , I am not so sure I am up for a long drive down there again in a couple of weeks. I am sure after a weekend at home my whole view will change and I will be begging my hubby to go for Mothers Day or at the very least I can hop on a SWA and go for 2 days. Funny how its already starting to sound better and more do able every minute!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by startours4ever

Call Disney Dining at the Resort.

We were just there for the Easter Day Brunch. GREAT selection of food including crab, shrimp, prime rib and a chocolate fountain for (one of the )dessert.

About $57/adult and $16/kids. Plus, you get a discount with your PAP.

Enjoy!

• Colorado Bound?

We went last year on May 8th for Mother's Day and also my 40th. They had carnations for all the moms. The crowds were very light. The 50th had just kicked off and word of mouth had not gotten around yet. I would expect more crowds than last year. The CMs wished A's Mom happy Mother's Day much like they all wished me a happy birthday.

I've beem whining to my wife daily that I wanna go back. Looks like maybe October. :-(:

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad
    We went last year on May 8th for Mother's Day and also my 40th. They had carnations for all the moms. The crowds were very light. The 50th had just kicked off and word of mouth had not gotten around yet. I would expect more crowds than last year. The CMs wished A's Mom happy Mother's Day much like they all wished me a happy birthday.

I've beem whining to my wife daily that I wanna go back. Looks like maybe October. :-(:
    I remember mamabot saying something like this too.

That's good news for me and my mom since we'll be there on Mother's Day too!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by startours4ever
    If you go to this link, and then scroll down to "Disneyland Hotel", I have three links to reviews of the Mother's Day brunch posted. This is the first year in quite some time that we're not going because we'll be out of town. The food is really good, though the service has been slipping. We did the Easter Brunch this year instead (review to be posted at some point), and the food wasn't quite as good as Mother's Day, and the service was slipping some more.