Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blog Entries

If you could go back in time

I've often thought this about my home park in Florida, but I'm curious what the fans of the original Walt masterpiece would think on this. If you had the option to go back in time to visit Disneyland for one day, what time period would you choose?

Would you go opening day? Would you wait till a specific ride opened? What would you do?

For Disneyland, I'd probably go on opening day, but my thoughts are slightly different on The Magic Kingdom. With it I'd probably wait about a year later when a larger amount of the rides we know and love were opened.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: If you could go back in time

Hmmm....I'm not sure when exactly this event was taking place, but I would have loved to have been around during the Summer when they had the big Dixieland show on the River and on Tom Sawyer's Island. Must have been in the 60's. Not quite the same punch as Fantasmic, but what a great night for Jazz fans. I was also surprised to learn that Louis Armstrong and Johnny St. Cyr performed on the Mark Twain. That probably would have been stop number one for me in this time machine of yours.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 05-02-2006 at 09:02 AM.

• Huh?

I'd like to go back 1969 if only one day.... That way, we have the major classics in a new state as well as old classics that are no longer there.
    -Tim

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

A visit on August 6, 1970 would have been a bit different...

http://dannysland.blogspot.com/2005/...d-history.html

I see where someone has recently built a "model" to commemorate that "great" day in Disneyland history.

It was around this time that Disney finally relaxed its 15-year policy of enforcing basically the same hair-length standards for male guests, as it always has for male CM's.

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

opening day--no doubt.

But also here are some other things I'd like to see from later periods: the flying saucers, the viewliner, and the 1959 second opening.

I'd go back to 2004, when I first stepped onto the Park grounds, after a 25 year absence, and this is what I came upon:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/31063634/

That was a surreal moment.

• Minion

i'd go back to any day walt was there ... to meet him would be a dream come true

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i watched the opening day telecast uncut the other night , and i gotta tell you , other than the epic feeling of it being opening day , the park itself seemed quite boring , i would love to go for the opening of Pirates or Spacemountain , or when they opened the 'new' tommorowland '65 i
    belive?

you can always ride mr toad and pretend it's opening day...

My Maleficent tattoo

• back in Austin

I was thinking about this last week while we were at the park. Opening day would be amazing, just to witness it all firsthand. I'd also like to go back to 1956, to see the park after it had "calmed down a bit" and maybe meet Walt somewhere!

But I'd probably head to 1978, 'cuz that's when I first visited and I'd like to see it with fresh eyes. I could go on Carousel of Progress, Inner Space, Country Bear Jamboree, etc., and I'd get to see Fantasyland before the redo.

• Shablagoo!

After much thought I would go back to a day I could meet Walt, hopefully in 1955. Then I'd tell him to quit smoking.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I watched the 10th Anniversary special about Disneyland, which would make it about 1965. The park seemed pretty well established. I was about 18 years old. They had live entertainment. The monorail, and riverboat were running. It looked like a great time to visit Disneyland.

So take me back to 1965.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Disney Gram

To any visit when my boys were young, when my mom, dad, brother, would go with us when we came to visit in the summer. What wonderful times, what wonderful memories. I think taking your children, when you have grown up there, is magical. And, now that magic is happening again, with grandchildren!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

That's a toughy. So many changes over the years.

I guess I'd have to say Spring of 1970, after the Haunted Mansion was open but before they screwed up Frontierland by removing the Indian village. I'd love to visit Nature's Wonderland.

Of course, way earlier, like back in the late 50's, the stagecoaches were still in operation so that'd be cool... and the OLD tomorrowland was still around, which would be cool too. Plus visiting the House of the Future would be great. And of course, having the possibility of running into Walt would be the best.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Banned User

I would opt for and early or late summer's day during the early 1960s, after Disneyland had matured and filled in a lot since opening day. It would be a day when Walt was in the park, and a younger version of me was not (don't want to experience one of those odd Back to the Future moments).

• Banned User

Talking Re: If you could go back in time

Being a major MSEP fan, I'd love to go back to the 1972-1974 era and see the very first Main Street Electrical Parade in it's two-dimensional forms with the Sleeping Beauty Dragon. I'd also love to visit 1977 and catch the new MSEP with its neon finale/Briny Deep unit, see America Sings, Adventure thru Inner Space, and catch a SHOWTIME segement of the 1977 New Mickey Mouse Club at Carnation Gardens and their shows at the old Space Stage in Tommorowland then 1979 to catch Mickey and Minnie disco at the Space Satge with stars like Stargard and other disco stars of the time. Finally, 1982/3 to catch the MOUSERCISE parade and see the re-opening of Fantasyland in it's alpine village motif!

Sorry, lots fof time traveling but it's worth it with all of the great things Disneyland offered years ago!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast