Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    So what if it was possible to do some sort of "hover" mechanism, or even the illusion of such a thing on the track. An updated people mover of sorts. I would love to see something uber-imaginative on that track- it would really add a lot to the area and something cheap and cheesy would definitely detract.
    Any motion up there would be good, compared to a dead, pointless track...

At this point, I'd even dig something like the buzz cars. Something that the riders can swivel and turn at will. Give a slow ride a new dimension. Re-do the tunnels, maybe even give it an interactive effect like Buzz, where you can activate mecanisms along the route. Same speed as the peoplemover, no extra stress on the track, but a totally different experience.

Of course, then they'd have to cut down a few branches...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Well I think the whole problem is budget for them. I mean we all know Matt's spending the big bucks doing everything he can to add new rides. So I would venture the hassle of the people-mover track is under his radar. That's why I'm saying DON'T make it a ride, just make it a parade or show of some sorts.

Heck, walk into the park and see what a hit 'Push' is. Put a couple talking robots up there, let them roam free on the track, talking to people at various points. They could yell at the people in line for Star Tours, Buzz, Astro Orbitor, and other places.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Heh, I think seeing Abe up there would be super creepy

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Haha, I can see it now "In the future, science has allowed us to recreate people from simple dna strands. The government embraced this discovery, and started a top secret program in which the most influential political people of our past were re-created to form the most brilliant think-tank in all of time. They are 'The Undead Presidents'. Welcome to Tomorrow.

• LoisAlene

Jurassic Presidents

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Crispy! Very nice photo link. What is the back story on those cars? They look very cool!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    ^Dramaqueen made a good point in her first post on this thread. I agree: I'd rather wait for something thats not a quick fix than have some junky thing up there that fails in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998
    ....how about a parade up on the track? I'm thinking something along the lines of small world, only not as lame

You know certains times during the day a bunch of cars run down the track, all with cool animatronic stuff.
    That sounds very interesting. I think it'd be cool if a PM Parade was like a transition between times in Tomorrowland. Like the transition between Space Mountain and RockIt Mountain, a parade at dusk could transform Tomorrowland into a more Rock&Roll, Lights, Music, exciting sort of Nightlife place. That would be really cool. It would almost be a Small World clock SUPERSIZED!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12