Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

You want a quick remedy for the People Mover Track?

....how about a parade up on the track? I'm thinking something along the lines of small world, only not as lame

You know certains times during the day a bunch of cars run down the track, all with cool animatronic stuff. Maybe interact with the crowd. Hell, stick the Abe animatron up there, he's just collecting dust.

So, what does everyone think of the idea? I know it's not the best, but at least you will know it's being put to some use until a more permanent attaction is found.

• Banned User

I say you add a second section to Star Tours... Pod Racing through Tomorrowland. LMAO.

• all started by a mouse

sounds cool!!! Then everyone can see., because its above you!
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

• Minion

Great Idea Love it.

• Minion

How about take a few old Peoplemover trains .. modify them to run on Rocket Rods' tubular rail .. and have the some characters do a "calvade" of sorts on that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998
    ....how about a parade up on the track? I'm thinking something along the lines of small world, only not as lame

You know certains times during the day a bunch of cars run down the track, all with cool animatronic stuff. Maybe interact with the crowd. Hell, stick the Abe animatron up there, he's just collecting dust.

So, what does everyone think of the idea? I know it's not the best, but at least you will know it's being put to some use until a more permanent attaction is found.
    How could you call one of Walt's greatest masterpieces lame? I think we should put you up on the track and dress you up in one of those IASW outfits and laugh at you. Don't mess with Walt :-?

Okay, not to get into a whole debate here, but lame isn't always a bad thing. First of all I was only commenting on the clock action. While it's cool all the people who come out of the clock, they don't really do much. What I'm suggesting for the People Mover track is alot more interactive characters.

Second of all, if you ask everyone in the park one word to describe It's a Small World I can tell you it sure won't be 'cool'

For the record, Mission to Mars and People Mover were also lame, but man if I didn't love those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    How about take a few old Peoplemover trains .. modify them to run on Rocket Rods' tubular rail .. and have the some characters do a "calvade" of sorts on that?
    That idea would work too. I would think so long as no patrons are up there, they don't have to worry so much about the safety regulations of the 'ride', and therefore can get away with cutting corners and making it cheaper for them.

• Stay Positive

(Read this somewhere else) They should Use the people mover for the 50th celebration by adding yesterland ride vehicles up there, or having something that represents it, like a sky way bucket, ATIS vehicle, a moonliner (lol), a midget atopia car, ext.
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think "quick fixes" is where DL has been getting into trouble with over the past few years. Anything they decide to do up there should not be thrown together at the last second. Look at the Rocket Rods and what a disaster they were- I am willing to see them empty until something there is something worthwhile to put up there.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think they should blow it up in as a finale to a one time 50th fireworks show called "BLAMtasmic!". or "One Man's Dream"
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I think this would be a good solution to the empty People Mover track.

http://www.skywebexpress.com/images/...ds_5_weblg.jpg

Cris

Something temporary running along the track just to add movement and give the track some visual flair during the 50th would be awesome though --- something that is cool looking but clearly isn't a ride (so people don't feel obligated to ask "how can I ride that" ... since they couldn't ...) Hm, on second thought maybe it would be a good idea to make it look like a ride precisely in order to make people ask where they ride it Might drum up some motivation to put something on there..

• Minion

>>For the record, Mission to Mars and People Mover were also lame, but man if I didn't love those two.<<

Perhaps it was the "squared bucket" style Peoplemover cars that turned you off ... the rough bumps over certain tire sections .... Or the "elevator" music that played. (???)

All of which ... that can be fixed ... and a new Peoplemover experience can get you enticed!!!!!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    So what if it was possible to do some sort of "hover" mechanism, or even the illusion of such a thing on the track. An updated people mover of sorts. I would love to see something uber-imaginative on that track- it would really add a lot to the area and something cheap and cheesy would definitely detract.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast