Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Wink Re: What could they replace Remember with???

How's this for a possible enhancement.....in the moat surrounding Sleeping Beauty Castle they can project large mist screens, kinda like the ones they use in Fantasmic, only they show more images to go along with the show....in other words, upgrading the existing projections they already show on the castle and Matterhorn. That's my idea anyway....

Re: What could they replace Remember with???

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    How's this for a possible enhancement.....in the moat surrounding Sleeping Beauty Castle they can project large mist screens, kinda like the ones they use in Fantasmic, only they show more images to go along with the show....in other words, upgrading the existing projections they already show on the castle and Matterhorn. That's my idea anyway....
    It would be too similar to fantasmic. If they wanted they could do more projections on the castle, but I think thats kinda getting played out. Whatever they do I just hope they don't replace it with "Wishes" I'd take "Believe" anyday over wishes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    It would be too similar to fantasmic. If they wanted they could do more projections on the castle, but I think thats kinda getting played out. Whatever they do I just hope they don't replace it with "Wishes" I'd take "Believe" anyday over wishes.
    Yeah but if you are past the hub you can't see the projections. I'm talking about an improved mist screen tall enough for those people further back to be able to see it.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Kinda impossible to do. Those moats are too small to protect water projections large enough for people down Main Street to see. Not to mention, the mist would get the castle wet and it could case mold to grow on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Yeah and I'm sure Julie Andrews won't mind redoing the recording of her narration to exclude the 50th anniversary mentions. It's nice that it pays homage to all the great rides that are in Disneyland. What is so bad about keeping it up? I always get chills watching it in front of the Partners statue and hearing the part with Walt's dedication speech and seeing Tinker Bell fly down from the Matterhorn. Just classic.
    It's a bit long-winded. I don't need recaps of all the attractions, I could just go on 'em to get the feel.

The technology is the thing. The high-tech pyrotechnics should remain and be incorporated into the new show, without having to tediously recap every last attraction in agonizingly slow detail.

Like to see the whole thing speeded up, while keeping all technology.

• "Roast Duck"

I definitely think that bringing Believe...there's magic in the stars would be great...execpt with all the new technology they have now...new tink, castle lighting and new launch/ fire locations...

I think it would work well!!
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• Needs the smell of summer

I would expect a new show that incorprates elements of Remember, but is shorter. They will make it so you don't have to be in the hub to get the full effect of the show. I love remember, but it causes problems for the park, so they will get rid of it.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Folks, the last thing I heard, Remember last showings are this September.

DISNEY doesn't like the length of the show (too long, and requires a lot of "Air Quality Board Credits") and the fact it is too Hub-centric, causing major traffic problems, and the need to use a lot of CM's to control traffic (aka additional Labor Hours). TDA wants changes to it as soon as possible.

The strong Rumor is now to have a special Halloween Themed version for October, this is the perfect "excuse" for a change at the end of the 50th celebration (tie it to the opening of Haunted Mansion Holiday), then switch over to the Christmas version (a reworked Beleive in Holiday Magic), and as far as I understand, no fiireworks in 2007 until May. (They will offer a minor fireworks show during Easter Break similar to what was offered in April of 2005 just before the 50th show started).

A new Summer Fireworks show will start the same time as both Finding Nemo and the Monorails have their official openings, perfect timing for marketing the show, plus allowing a break so folks won't compare the new show, that will be about 10 minutes in length, and almost the same experence in multiple places in the park (Tink will remain, but many of the Castle fireworks won't). So a show that uses less Fireworks (and therefore less expense and less need for AQB credits).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

My guess is that R...DCT will not continue after September 31st but will be replaced by a different show that is shortened up to 10 minutes like Believe, but will still have many of the special shots and Tink's new flight pattern from Remember.

..Oh, nm what DB said^

And, they are spinning their wheels if they think they are going to keep people away from the Hub during any fireworks shows.

No matter how great they try to tell guests other viewing areas are, majority of guests will always flock to the hub. There will always be a bottleneck there.

Making a shorter show should be enough. Although I hope they don't sacrifice the technology, or spirit, in decreasing the length.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    My guess is that R...DCT will not continue after September 31st but will be replaced by a different show that is shortened up to 10 minutes like Believe, but will still have many of the special shots and Tink's new flight pattern from Remember.

..Oh, nm what DB said^
    You know, there are actually people who have not had the chance to see Remember Dreams Come True as of yet, -----and won't be able to get to the Park next, until November-December, during Holiday vacations.

• Reaver of Souls

Well, I liked "Believe..." more than "Remember" anyway, so I'd like to see that back. I've never been a fan of "Remember". It's funny how people can make fun of DCA for being a park about California when you're in California, but still be OK with "Remember" being about Disneyland when you're in Disneyland...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

people never went to the hub to see the fireworks in the past like they do with remember. of course, some people will want to have the castle in their view during the fireworks, but any other show doesn't have the bulk of the show revolving around the castle.

i personally love remember, but i'm going to go with the rumors that we've been hearing. i think they'll end remember with the end of the 50th celebration. besides, if they're removing all of the crowns & added gear from the castle, they'll have to come up with a different way to shoot pyro from it.
    <o>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    It's funny how people can make fun of DCA for being a park about California when you're in California, but still be OK with "Remember" being about Disneyland when you're in Disneyland...
    Aah, but Disneyland is a different world of its own, yet it is also in California. Fantasy about the fantasy it's in will still work. Reality about the reality it's in will not. Furthermore, R...DCT works because of its execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Well, I liked "Believe..." more than "Remember" anyway, so I'd like to see that back. I've never been a fan of "Remember". It's funny how people can make fun of DCA for being a park about California when you're in California, but still be OK with "Remember" being about Disneyland when you're in Disneyland...
    OH oh oh oh. That perfectly captures it. I wish I'd thought of that. It sort of states the obvious. But still, the technology is good, and there is a sort of---solemnity about the whole "wishes, dreams come true" message. It's just the drudgery of having to cover each and every ride one by one---speed that part up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast