Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

Re: What could they replace Remember with???

Drudgery? Do you like DL's attractions?

Your enjoyment of R...DCT kinda depends on that
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    people never went to the hub to see the fireworks in the past like they do with remember. of course, some people will want to have the castle in their view during the fireworks, but any other show doesn't have the bulk of the show revolving around the castle.

i personally love remember, but i'm going to go with the rumors that we've been hearing. i think they'll end remember with the end of the 50th celebration. besides, if they're removing all of the crowns & added gear from the castle, they'll have to come up with a different way to shoot pyro from it.
    Well, it's just one more thing that's coming to an end. ....And nothing to take up the slack.

Maybe Disney needs to provide a distraction--something to deal with the separation anxiety. A way of minimizing that feeling of something being abruptly cut-off. The biggest celebration of all time comes to a screeching halt, and nothing is tossed in as a substitute.

(Even though I secretly do like Believe!)

Don't like the "cut-off" feeling about the whole way they are ending this.

If I were running things, maybe I'd have some sort of "Grand Finale" type celebration running till the end of December.

Rather than just have things peter out little by little, piece-meal. A bit of a let-down.

• Lowering Expectations

If the things planned for Halloween in October are true, I wouldn't call the end of the 50th a "cut-off" feeling.

Sad, yes. But there's always something new on the horizon.

It's gonna be one dreary, bummer Halloween. That's hardly a consolation prize. Besides, they'll never match Knotts' Halloween Haunt.

Cut-off perfectly describes the mood, and their failure to provide any sort of Grand Finale. IMHO IMHO IMHO

• Lowering Expectations

The thing is, regular park guests aren't gonna be looking for a consolation prize come October 1st. Quite frankly, I'm sure many of them wished the celebration didn't drag on for 18 months and will be glad to see the park back to normal. And from a buisiness standpoint, it makes much more sense to celebrate the beginning of a celebration, rather than the end.

I agree that Knotts will take the win for Halloween Haunt, but Mickey's Halloween Treat over in DCA is trying, and I think it's a neat event.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Well, I liked "Believe..." more than "Remember" anyway, so I'd like to see that back. I've never been a fan of "Remember". It's funny how people can make fun of DCA for being a park about California when you're in California, but still be OK with "Remember" being about Disneyland when you're in Disneyland...
    Um...hello...anyone here? The fireworks are a tribute to the park's 50th anniversary. What were they supposed to do, have a regular blah blah bland fireworks show like Believe where they just have songs from different movies? No...because that doesn't celebrate DISNEYLAND.

• Minion

One could always find out simply by phoning...
    Just phone them and ask if they will still have RDCT next year...pretend you're planning a trip.

• Banned User

It is a beautiful show, and was absolutely perfect for the 50th. But once the 50th is over, I want it gone.

I hate seeing any kind of show (excluding Broadway) that is wonderful, but is kept too long- it loses its specialty.

Believe me, when they get rid of it, the memory of this great show will live in your heart(s) forever. And plus, what is the Disneyland 50th CD for!?

Anyways, I'm sure Disney can create one hell of a new show- keep the Castle lighting effects but everything else can go. Sorry, simple fireworks shooting all around the Hub don't impress me that much.

And plus, I love Believe In Holiday Magic (not sure if that is what its called). So all the more reason to let it go (die) peacefully.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    Well, it's just one more thing that's coming to an end.
    I'm glad you mentioned this -- because this was a question I wanted to post as a separate thread.

Do you know when the fireworks are coming to an end?

• Banned User

I'm assuming that they will end in October when all of the 50th celebration events stop.. I personally hope that the fireworks will go bye-bye (respectively) on July 16th of this year.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The last Remember Fireworks show looks to be held Sunday, September 24th, based on the new Halloween Themed Fireworks premiering Friday September 29th to match up with Haunted Mansion Holiday opening up.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The last Remember Fireworks show looks to be held Sunday, September 24th, based on the new Halloween Themed Fireworks premiering Friday September 29th to match up with Haunted Mansion Holiday opening up.
    I thought they weren't doing a Haunted Mansion Holiday this year?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    I thought they weren't doing a Haunted Mansion Holiday this year?
    Yes they are, they just decided to not offer the special Merchandising events that were held on the evening before opening day.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...sionevent.html

(Note: I added the bolding to the one line to have it stand out)

Pirates of the Caribbean are invading the Disneyland® Resort this Summer, so there's not a "ghost" of a chance that we will be hosting a Haunted Mansion Holiday event this year. We thank you for your continued interest in Jack Skellington and his friends from Halloweentown and hope that you will visit them at the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction during the upcoming holiday season. Please continue to visit merchandise locations throughout the Resort to discover new and unique "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" offerings.

Information subject to change without notice.
    ©Disney
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

After reading the thread about Miss June '05.. maybe they can replace 'Remember' with Princesses Gone Wild. Disneyland edition.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Fight On for ol' SC!

It is the best fireworks by far Disneyland has ever seen, I hope it isn't replaced just updated, this fireworks show has the potential of being a real classic. A few updates is sufficient but do NOT take it out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast