Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: What could they replace Remember with???

As much as i love remember, and i have to make sure to tape it, i would welcome a new fireworks show, and im really excited about the possiblitly of a halloween themed fireworks show. i got to see the halloween version of wishes at wdw last year and it was the best! not as great as remember, but defiantley better than wishes and believe! i have it recorded so i can watch it anytime i want, so im real excited to see what they have planned for the halloween fireworks.

• Minion

The next show needs its own unique theme song. Not a repilcate of WDW's show aka Wishes, not something way overplayed a la When You Wish Upon a Star (good for a sequence, but not for the whole show), and definitely not anything that sounds like Remember When. I'm wishing, excuse the pun, for something like Fantasmic! or the Baroque Hoedown. Something that will give the show its own identity, and a positive one at that. Certainly those two theme songs did!

I must admit that the one thing that pleased me about the Believe show was its Magic in the Stars theme. It wasn't too forgettable, and it wasn't annoying either.

Magic in the Stars is an amazing theme indeed..... It's all in the music
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

The "Believe" theme could use some re-written lyrics, as some don't even make grammatical sense. I think Believe could take advantage of "Remember" technology very well. They'd be better off reworking the music a bit to not make it so modern animation focused. That would give it a more timeless style.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Um...hello...anyone here? The fireworks are a tribute to the park's 50th anniversary. What were they supposed to do, have a regular blah blah bland fireworks show like Believe where they just have songs from different movies? No...because that doesn't celebrate DISNEYLAND.
    Well then, I just wish they could make it faster paced, speed up the pace because there is a lull in some parts. The plot slows to a snail's pace. Speed it up! Just don't eliminate it....never to be heard from again! Don't like that cut-off feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Because Disney has changed their mind, they want about 6 weeks to convert the park back to "normal", and to allow WDW to start celebrating their 35th Anniversary....

Disney changes its mind often, nothing new.....

Disney has stated in official documents that the 50th will end in late September, 2006 in the last few weeks.....
    Yeah well, there's changing your mind, and then there's ----- changing your mind.......

I think when we are talking about a once-in-a-lifetime happening that will never come again.....they might have proceeded with a bit more caution.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    What makes it sad is that Remember was only here for a bit more than a year as compared to the other classics.
    Yeah, not exactly the 18-month extravaganze that was promised, repeatedly....over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The last Remember Fireworks show looks to be held Sunday, September 24th, based on the new Halloween Themed Fireworks premiering Friday September 29th to match up with Haunted Mansion Holiday opening up.
    Oh, so they aren't even waiting till the very end of Sept.....they are dumping the show after only three weeks in Sept ????

• just the beernecessities

I think some fireworks viewing stands above Carnation or Plaza Pavillion or above the Main Street shops would be cool.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345