Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

What's your favorite firework show?

Over the years Disneyland has produced multiple themes for thier fireworks show. I am curious to hear everyones thoughts over what thier favorite one has been and why?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: What's your favorite firework show?

Remember... hands down. Just the feeling you get watching this show celebrate all of the classic rides in Disneyland should be a good reason to watch. Quite honestly, I've never liked to watch fireworks before Remember...started last year. I always thought they were dull and would rather ride the rides or watch Fantasmic then to stand and stare at the skies but obviously as you can tell, my mind has drastically changed about this.

Agree I have seen the show 40 times and it is defently going to be a all time classic hands down !!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Remember wins. Hands-down the most amazing show ever.

I wonder how they're going to be able to top it. I can't imagine there being a better show!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• /sigh

Believe.....there's magic in the stars! That one was so moving and beautiful. I knew all the music...all the cues... Nothing compares for me.
    Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 05-03-2006 at 10:46 AM.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Me neither. And they'd be stupid to get rid of it after the 50th celebration is over.

• Minion

I agree. They should keep the current show because it belongs to DISNEYLAND, not that bigger attention grabbing park in Florida. This is our show for our park. A one of a kind Disneyland attraction, like the Matterhorn. I understand they will have to change the wording a little bit, like when Julie Andrews says "50 years ago.. etc..." but there is no logical reason why they would have to remove it.

But then again, they did remove the Electrical Parade and that was a classic for over 20 years so I would not put it past them.

So, in order of preference....

1) Remember....Dreams come true
    2)Believe....in Holiday Magic
    3)Believe....there's magic in the stars

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    But then again, they did remove the Electrical Parade and that was a classic for over 20 years so I would not put it past them.
    20 years! That's the difference between MSEP and Remember... Remember only lasts 1.5 years and MSEP is still going on, just on the other side of the resort.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Believe.....there's magic in the air! That one was so moving and beautiful. I knew all the music...all the cues... Nothing compares for me.
    AGREED. Believe... theres magic in the stars is my all time favorite fireworks show ever. i cried everytime. the music is spectacular. it truely lit up the sky and emboddied everything disney stands for. I like this show so much because the fireworks and the music could stand alone and great expositions of entertainment. the soundtrack is great. i still listen to it. and the fireworks display is consistant and full. to me this makes the show classic and timeless.

Remember... is a close second. The first time I saw it (05/05/05) was the best by far. I love the show but Im just not as attached to it as I am to Believe. For me it wont surpass Believe because the show only works with combined efforts of the pyro and the music. the fireworks display, while at times spikes the viewers emotion sinaps, at others it lacks the visual stimuli to hold its own. the same with the soundtrack. its good but only cause it leads into the pyro. Dont get me wrong. I love it. but if Believe is a 9.9 of 10, Remember is a flat 9 of 10.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I agree that Remember is going to be a tough one to beat, and it is my personal favorite as well. The holiday version of Believe is a close second, but I never really cared for Believe that much because I've always felt it lacked Disney / Disneyland music. Sure there were snippits of Disney songs here and there, but the few notes they put in were forshadowed by the main score for Believe. Before Believe was introduced, there was another show that had no words in it, but tons of Disney and Disneyland music in it. I liked that one better than Believe.

Without having the music of Disney / Disneyland 'stamp' on it, it just feels like I'm watching a generic fireworks show.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Me neither. And they'd be stupid to get rid of it after the 50th celebration is over.
    I'm gonna go complain if they remove it! It's the best show I've seen yet after Fantasmic!, and I've also seen IllumiNations.

• Random Thinking

Smile Re: What's your favorite firework show?

Here is another vote for Believe...There's Magic In the Stars. I like the new Remember, a lot, and I was thrilled when I first saw it, but each successive show doesn't fill me the way Believe did. I'm not sure I can put my finger on why (although some of the previous posters did a good job)...

When Remember starts now, sometimes I watch it, but often I use the time to grab a quick ride, where as Believe I would always stop and watch.

Don't get me wrong, I truly think Remember is an AMAZING show... but Believe has an edge because of something magical and emotional that the show was able to capture.
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

• /sigh

Honestly...Remember to me is not a firework show...but more of a Pyro-technical extravaganza. Too many bells and whistles. Just give me some pretty fire works and some great music and cuzco's a happy camper
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

For me i'm at a tie for Remember and Believe. Remember is the most creative and has the best pyro, on the down side its too hubcentric and slightly choppy. Believe had such a great soundtrack and was a solid fireworks show but I would have liked it better without the child narration.
    Last edited by Tom319; 05-04-2006 at 08:51 AM.

• Banned User

Remember!

Fantasy in the sky, Believe, etc... have always been special, but Remember is tops! No doubt! It's longer, it celebrates the entire park rather than just Main Street at the end of the day...

I'm gonna totally miss it if and when they take it out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast