Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Fronteirland is huge, just there's really nothing to do besides Big Thunder Mountain. They will eventually expand it and have a ride or two in big thunder ranch, maybe it could even extend all the way to the indian village.
    Except that REALLY there is a lot to do in Frontierland. Splash Mountain, I don't care what they say, is part of Frontierland, as Critter Crap is really just a part of Frontierland, and there are the canoes, and the Mark Twain, and rafts to Tom Sawyers Island, and frankly, the Keel Boats never should have left......nor the Country Bears....

Winnie the Poo, oops, I mean Pooh, sorry , does not belong where he is, he belongs in Fantasyland. But that was another idiot decision of the Pressler era.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer
    A couple of things:

But anyway this is one reason I prefer DLP or MK over DL. The lands at DLP and MK are more distinct and delineated.
    It's funny, I actually like the way the lands blend together smoothly- I love the way you are in Adventureland and then suddenly NOS, but you never really notice it. I guess it's just a total matter of opinion!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    It's funny, I actually like the way the lands blend together smoothly- I love the way you are in Adventureland and then suddenly NOS, but you never really notice it. I guess it's just a total matter of opinion!
    The transition between Adventureland and NOS is the only place in the park this happens smoothly in. Everything else is a mess (okay, Toontown is nicely distinct), just look at the disaster that is the muddled gray area between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland near the Sub Lagoon and the Matterhorn.

• Official Mice Chat person

Yeah, I really agree with adventurer there. The sub lagoon area is in desperate need of HELP. You can see the tops of tomorrowland buildings with air conditioning equipment on top... you can even see a maintainance latter on top of one of the buildings. They should have a sign somewhere between this transition that says "Fantasyland".. But not make it tacky. And on the other side it would say "tomorrowland".

• Rainicorn.

I still like the idea of having a "transition" land encompassing Sub Lagoon, MBC, Matterhorn and such. Someone mentioned expanding a little (just a little) with some retheming and calling it "Discovery Bay."

I think the transitions in DL are good on the western side of the park. Also, you DLP and WDW were created and built waaay after DL so they had a chance to fix any meddling transitions... and WDW had way more land. I don't think you give DL enough credit... hahaha...
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Also, you DLP and WDW were created and built waaay after DL so they had a chance to fix any meddling transitions... and WDW had way more land. I don't think you give DL enough credit... hahaha...
    Yes! And that's why I like them better!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer
    Yes! And that's why I like them better!
    Good for you.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Maybe it is not that it is small, but that we are big. As a kid i could spend All day on Tom Sawer island.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    Maybe it is not that it is small, but that we are big. As a kid i could spend All day on Tom Sawer island.
    Best reason ever!

It's like as a kid the castle is ginormous, and when you get bigger you realize it's 8 feet taller than you (over exaggeration. )

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

See, that's just the thing. I always considered Adventureland and Frontierland to be conjoined twins. I mean, walk through the Adventureland gate and hang a right at the lavatories and there you are in Frontierland.

It's not that Adventureland is small. The land proper is roughly the size of Tomorrowland. It's just that, for about 40 years, it was dominated by one huge attraction. Frontierland proper is the similar. Yes, there is RoA and its stuff, but it ceases to feel like Frontierland after a point. The main attraction these days is BTMRR.

Part of me would love to see development happen there, maybe open up the north end of TSI and have another raft shuttle you between that and Discovery Bay in its proper location. And of course, if you check the links in my sig, you'll see that I've been playing with 20K lately, and I think it might be interesting to substitute the north end TSI rafts with some sort of Nautilus mock-up. The trick will be creating new attractions without destroying the rockwork and landscaping that contribute to the land's theme. That was the magic of Nature's Wonderland. The theming and the attraction were symbiotic. Whatever gets done there should have that multi-layered feel to it, like the original layout and like the Thunder Mesa concepts. Consider using Tomorrowland '67 also, as a blueprint for a Frontierland On The Move.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12