Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Stay Positive

Is it me or....(is Frontierland too small ?)

Is frontierland pretty small
    I mean besides Tom sawyers island (which is like half frontierland half NOS) its very small, like a transition to NOS
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Chernabog Admirer

As well as a nice walkway to Fantasyland, but yeah... Frontierland is pretty small if you don't include the Rivers of America and TSI.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

this is probably why they're expanding it

if Splash had been a translation between frontierland and fanatasyland like it is in Tokyo it might've been better collective themeing but what's done is done

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Not compared to Adventureland!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfanatic
    I mean besides Tom sawyers island (which is like half frontierland half NOS) its very small, like a transition to NOS
    It is the largest land in the park. the ROA are part of it, so is the casa and BTM, and BTR BBQ, so it's mighty big. think of the ROA as the show building the Mark and columbia sail thru!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

frontier land is huge unfortunally alot of the area is wasted space. unlike tommarow land it is very hard to create new attractions for this area. setting up an attraction would be difficult in frontier land because there is no where to go

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfanatic
    What is NOS?

• Still wants to be a cat!

New Orleans Square
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    What is NOS?
    New Orleans Square

I think Frontierland needs to be expanded. They need to say goodbye to the Festival Arena and build something good back there

• Minion

When they removed the Pack Mules and Nature's Wonderland from Frontierland it lost a lot of its scale and heart. As much as I love BTM, it's not the same feeling as before.

I agree that there is more that could be done with Frontierland. In a lot of ways it seems/feels like a transition land. Developing the Thunder Ranch/Festival of Fools area would be a great start - from what I understand this area is already being considered for development. In addition, I think Disney should continue development around the northern edge of the rivers of America - perhaps a trail along the railroad tracks - that would finally give people a great in park view of the Disneyland locomotives (like you can do at WDW between Mickey's Toon Fair and Tommorowland). Bear County and Critter Country have always seemed to have an identity crisis and perhaps an expanded Frontierland could somehow incorporate Critter Country. Just a thought.

• Banned User

A couple of things:

A) Critter Crap, err I mean Critter Country is really a part of Frontierland and doesn't deserve to be it's own "land". Bear Country was the same. After all, this was where the Indian Village used to be.

B) New Orleans square is really a "sub" land of Frontierland, and if any land is a "transition" land, it's NOS between Adventureland and Frontierland, which makes perfect sense since New Orleans is close enough to the Caribbean and the Paddle Wheel steamers used to ply the Mississippi from St. Louis (gateway to the west) down to New Orleans. You walk out of Adventureland and you run right into NOS and - POTC!!! And it doesn't feel weird. New Orleans is humid and sultry and somewhat even feels semi tropical being so close to the Caribbean, and it's got a french colonial feel, obviously, as does parts of the Caribbean, and it's creole culture,voodoo etc., tropical plants and trees, and yet, the Paddle Wheel steamers came right down the Mississippi to New Orleans. Plus there is a quote from Walt himself, describing NOS as something like "what's new on the Riverbend of the Frontier" or something like that (Unfortunately my "Inside Disneyland" book is in storage back in California).

But anyway this is one reason I prefer DLP or MK over DL. The lands at DLP and MK are more distinct and delineated.

How many people here realize that at the MK at WDW that the concept was that you would move through American history from east to west across America, starting in Liberty Square (the east) and ending up in the far west at Thunder Mesa (BTM), with the Rivers of America inbetween? See it? It makes sense.
    Last edited by Adventurer; 05-08-2005 at 04:01 PM.

You wanna talk about small. try Adventureland

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer
    New Orleans square is really a "sub" land of Frontierland, and if any land is a "transition" land, it's NOS between Adventureland and Frontierland, which makes perfect sense since New Orleans is close enough to the Caribbean and the Paddle Wheel steamers used to ply the Mississippi from St. Louis (gateway to the west) down to New Orleans. You walk out of Adventureland and you run right into NOS and - POTC!!! And it doesn't feel weird. New Orleans is humid and sultry and somewhat even feels semi tropical being so close to the Caribbean, and it's got a french colonial feel, obviously, as does parts of the Caribbean, and it's creole culture,voodoo etc., tropical plants and trees, and yet, the Paddle Wheel steamers came right down the Mississippi to New Orleans. Plus there is a quote from Walt himself, describing NOS as something like "what's new on the Riverbend of the Frontier" or something like that (Unfortunately my "Inside Disneyland" book is in storage back in California).
    I was going to say (like others) that Adventureland was really a lot smaller than Frontierland. But what you said really makes sense. NOS never really seemed to fit into the original "lands" idea that Walt had, and while it didn't take away from my enjoyment of it, it never really made a lot of sense to me. But what you said DID make sense. Good observations.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Official Mice Chat person

Fronteirland is huge, just there's really nothing to do besides Big Thunder Mountain. They will eventually expand it and have a ride or two in big thunder ranch, maybe it could even extend all the way to the indian village.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast