Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Matterhorn for Everest?

Never trade the mountain but I thought when it went down for the rehab that took out the holes for the sky buckets that they were doing a real refurb.

Those tracks are painful for real and it is a really slow roller coaster. Sometimes I don't think I'm gonna make it up some of those ups and downs because we're going so slow.

• With my wife....

I don't think anyone would agree to a swap, but an updated Harold AA would be phenomenol. The videos I've seen of the EE Yeti show just how far AA technology has come since Harold found his way into our Mountain.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Vehicle rotating backward

Considering that this is a completely hypothetical question, sure.

However, logically, there isn't enough room for it.

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Trade the Matterhorn for Everest? Son, have you been sippin on some loopy juice? The Matterhorn is an original and although it can be copied and enhanced i.e. Everest, it could never be replaced. They were originally going to redo it at Epcot but it ended up as Everest at the new park. Hmmmm, shades of TOT at DCA if you ask me.
    I have not rode Everest but look forward to it. Besides if we got rid of the Matterhorn were would Harry live? With Ariel at the Grotto?

"Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Never been on the Matterhorn, unfortunately. Everest is awesome, though (although there are those that would disagree). However, it would never happen since Matterhorn is a DL classic and Expedition Everest wouldn't fit in very well over there anyway. (By the way, you can check out the Everest yeti on my sig)

Have you faced the Yeti?

• People move me

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    Someone had a reall cool Avatar with Harold in it a long time ago... awesome...
    Hey got it from the photo slides Disneylnd used to sell of the park. I would love to ride Everest!
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

Everest is one of the best rides at WDW.

The Matterhorn, however, is a classic, and as much as I would like three Mt. Everests in the world, I think it needs to stay the way it is. It's still so much fun to ride.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Where did that name come from? Did someone from these boards make it up, i.e., he's "Hairy"?!?
    No it is not made up by a MCer. Im guessing by a CM. If you look into the matterhorn break room through the slits in the window, there is a sign on the right side that says "Beware of Harold" or something along the lines of that. But that was not the first time I heard the name, it just confirmed it.

• curiouser and curiouser

i've never been on EE but i find the notion of a trade almost blasphemous.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    I saw on a cable channel a few weeks back a special about the new Everest attraction in Orlando. It looks really cool and hope to someday ride it. Now, I've been on the Matterhorn here at Disneyland countless times and it has become a Disney landmark of sorts. Not only is it the first rollercoaster to ever use steel tubing for track but it's also a one of a kind attraction found no place else in the world. So it got me thinking.....

This is more directed to those of you who have experienced the Everest attraction. Would you trade the Matterhorn for Everest?
    It all depends once I ride both. If the Expedition Everest track is smoother than yes but I don't think the current location of the Matterhorn could ever fit Expedition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12