Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Closed Account

Red Face Is 6-7 Weeks Too Young For Disneyland?

My wife and I just had our first son and have been dying to take him to DL or DCA. He has already been all over DTD but not in the parks. What is considered too young? I have heard people and friends stating they took their newborns to DL at ages as young as 10 days to as old as 3 months.

Anyone?

Signed,

New Parents Who Are Annual Passholders With New Kid Dying To Go To DL or DCA Because It Will Be Free For Him In The Next Two Years!

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: Is 6-7 Weeks Too Young For Disneyland?

No. My friend is taking her newborn probably in a week or two.

• Banned User

Hey, a kid is never o young, just use comon sence ( whick I am sure you will) and pass of the bably when you want to go on rides. I am sure the sites and sounds will not harm him ( unless he was my kid, then man he hated all that noise hence he has not been back until he is older) but you can go in, enjoy the park and have a greatday ,and you can still ride all your favorite rides, just use the parent pass. I think he is much to young to ride rides, but if you think he can tolerate small world and stuff like that ( and the story tellers ride, then go for it.

• Closed Account

Angry Re: Is 6-7 Weeks Too Young For Disneyland?

Actually the reason why we are dying to take him to the parks is because WE are dying to go! Small World and other slow moving dark rides it shall be!

I guess Space Mountain is out of the question! Darn!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Actually the reason why we are dying to take him to the parks is because WE are dying to go! Small World and other slow moving dark rides it shall be!

LOL! yeah and towere of terror to. now don't be hauling that boy on the matterhorn, we will have to scoop him out of the snoe Hey, in all seriousness, congradulations, I think you being a new dad is awsome!!!!!! God bless you and the wife and that new precious son

• Rawr...

Space Mountian is NOT out of the question! When I was too little, my parents wanted to go on it, and the CM let me stand with her at the ride operations stand! It was awesome.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep

Yes.
    Get a babysitter and go by yourselves.
    Make it a date!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Neep meep beep

I waited one year to take my son to Disneyland, but I've seen many, many parents with babies as young as 6 weeks.

Remember that there is a great baby care and changing station you won't believe off of Main Street, and most of the rides will allow you to ride without any problems.

Even the faster rides, like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Indiana Jones, will allow you to do a "baby swap", where one person holds the baby, and when the rider comes back, they hold the baby while you ride. It's great.

Disneyland is really made for ages 8 to 30, but I think you'll find that your son will grow in appreciation (and it's really for you at this stage).

My son gets wide eyed at the fireworks and points up to the sky. Amazing to see.

And congratulations on the new one and on being a Dad!

Congratulations! Couple of things to point out. If you just had the baby and are thinking of going 5 weeks or so from now please keep the weather in mind. Young babies can overheat easily. Particularily when in a carrier and stroller. Also at that age feedings will be the biggest hassle. The positive is that he willstill sleep through a lot at that age.
    Good Luck.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• For You!

I took my son at 6 mos. He liked the lights, but other than that, it was kind of a nightmare. I was still nursing and he ended up getting the flu. It was not fun to take 3 outfits and change him constantly. the people at the baby care station were great to help out. But, I didn't have much fun.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Well, the baby won't remember much (LOL), but YOUR memories will last a lifetime!

Our youngest was about 6 weeks. No problems, just keep him bundled up and like was already mentioned, out of the sun.

And yes, take full advantage of the baby center.

Even today, my wife likes to wander over to it just to check it out. She misses that part of raising the kids.

Oh yeah, take LOTS of pictures. Your baby will appreciate them later on in life. May I suggest pix near landmarks or special places that you enjoy. And don't forget Mickey and Minnie!

Enjoy!

• no flash photography...

As you well know, people bring infants to DL all the time. Personally I would not. For a few reasons. It owuld be a PITA for me to care for the baby there. (this is an I statement not an it is how everyone feels statement.) I would also be concerned about germs and my infant getting sick. The next fears are just my irrational fears such as crowds injuring my child as well as a host of others.

That being said I was a very over protective mother. I still am somewhat. Like I said people bring infants to DL all the time so as far as the to young question i suspect you already know the answer.

I bring my baby all the time. We started going when she was about 10 weeks old, I think. She never got sick from it. She is a trooper. She loves to cuddle in the lines. I even took her on Dumbo...(with my 2 year old as well). She nursed in line even... I was going to pass her off to Grandma, but grandma ran off...

Both my daughters love it. My older daughter said her first words to the fireworks... "WOW"

Erika

• Banned User

Eh, I would wait a few more months before taking your baby.

• Banned User

I would not take a 6 or 7 year old to a Disney park, much less a baby. Too much hassle IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast