Anyone else have a wild Captain EO weekend story?

Hi all,

Another post made me remember my experience the weekend Captain EO opened. I was 16. They had a weekend where DL was open from Friday morning till Sunday night. My friend and I had this great idea to go mid day Saturday, stay all night, and then last as long as possible Sunday. This would be the best way to "maximize" our time...

All was going well. We had a great time late into the night. This is back when the park was really full of life, especially Tomorrowland. (close your eyes - can you imagine a 2AM ride on the OLD rockets or the people mover on a warm night?) Around 3AM we started to tire. I remember sleeping for a short time at the food shop next to Snow White.

Then my buddy gave me some "no-doze" he bought at 7-11. It seemed to work well and kept us up and going till around noon Sunday. Then we started to CRASH, and CRASH hard! The ride home was hell. My friend layed out on the back seat and I had the radio up, window open, and cold air on. Don't know how I made it home.

To this day, every time I pass that Mad Hatter snack shop I see myself layed out on that bench. I still have the Cpt. EO shirt from that weekend.

Anyone else attend that weekend?

• Banned User

I have never been to Neverland ranch on a weekend so no wild stories from me, sorry.

haha, Captain EO ,, A girl I went to high school with was one of the dancers in that. She was a blond
    Are we there Yet? :devil:

• (maybe they're right!)

I really did LOVE that show...

But I don't imagine they're considering bringing him back...

"..Chacon said he saw Jackson get in a Jacuzzi and shower with a boy, then kiss the boy's head and shoulders before moving his hands "down to ..." He also said there was another incident in which Jackson took the boy away in a golf cart and kissed him in front of a Peter Pan display ..."

From http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D89BB6O00.html
    Last edited by SomeSayImGoofy; 04-08-2005 at 11:49 AM.

• Just this guy......

Yes, I was there for the Captain EO weekend. It was the first date I had with my future wife. One of my most pleasant memories was to eat breakfast and watch the sun rise over the Rivers of America.

I was there for about 22 hours of the total time.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I only ever got to see Captain EO at the Magic Kingdom but I have very fond memories of it. I bought a T-shirt like the one MJ wore in the film and it even glowed in the dark! I wore that shirt so much that it got to where you could practically see through it! I wish I had the forethought to buy two so I still had one. Oh well. Great memories.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SomeSayImGoofy

"..Chacon said he saw Jackson get in a Jacuzzi and shower with a boy, then kiss the boy's head and shoulders before moving his hands "down to ..." He also said there was another incident in which Jackson took the boy away in a golf cart and kissed him in front of a Peter Pan display ..."
    http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D89BB6O00.html
    Its all lies man. All the kids, their parents, and some greedy people are milking him for money because they know Micheal Jackson is too weak to fight back. Its like that movie "Miracle on 31st street" orwhatever where they put Santa Claus on trial for "attacking" someone.
    Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 04-08-2005 at 02:07 PM.

• (maybe they're right!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Its all lies man. All the kids, their parents, and some greedy peopel are milking him for money because they know Micheal Jackson is to weak to fight back. Its like that movie "Miracle on 31st street" orwhatever where they put Santa Claus on trial for "attacking" someone.
    Well...since I have never been to Neverland Ranch, met MJ, or heard firsthand anything from the mouth of any of his accusers, I will just have to trust our legal system to work as it should. I know the media goes crazy with stuff like this, and people certainly see dollar signs when given the opportunity...Hopefully, we don't have the same variety of jurors we did with the OJ trial...

Honestly, I would not be shocked either way (guilty or not guilty)...

• Disney worshipper/geek

Its all lies man. All the kids, their parents, and some greedy people are milking him for money because they know Micheal Jackson is too weak to fight back. Its like that movie "Miracle on 31st street" orwhatever where they put Santa Claus on trial for "attacking" someone.
    I'm partially believing that. My mom worked for the radio station KFWB during the first alegations, and they had exclusive tape of the father of that kid wanting to start a production company and planning to use Michael for money and connections. If he has molested children, not these kids. Their stories don't match up at all. If he is molesting children, he shouldn't recieve justice from the child he didn't molest, so I hope he gets out of this if he is innocent. That's half my argument.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

I suddenly wish I didn't start this thread.

• Super saucy pixie!

Amen!

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    This thread was supposed to be about Captain EO, not Mr. Jackson and his past or current court cases.

Best memory of that weekend? Wandering around Saturday night about 3 am and being so sleep deprived that Everything was just hilarious. The People Mover was suddenly as exciting as Thunder Mountain. The queues were even Fun, everybody all dumb and stumbly and talkative friendly - trying to squeeze the last bit of fun from the weekend. Man, I wish I could do it all over!
    We never Did see EO - MJ never appealed to me after the Jackson 5 years.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    I'm with you.

And for all the people screaming "These people are all after Michael's Money!" - Did it ever occur to you that MJJ (through his lawyers and handlers) gave these people a little money DELIBERATELY to poison their credibility in case they said anything in the future?? And took videotapes of them saying "We didn't see anything" as insurance in case that hush money ever 'wore off'?

Quit speculating and let the legal system work.

Now then, back to Disneyland related stuff... - I was there for the all-nighter. And brought a friend who had photic epilepsy, and forgot both his medication and dark shades in my car. And as we were going out to get them he had a nice full-on Grand Mal on Main Street at about 6 AM, as the sun came up and he got a blast of it in the face.

And my EMT class instructor told us that bite-sticks are a waste of time to carry (or improvise) because I'd never witness a Grand Mal seizure from the outset to be able to use them... Hah! and Double-Hah! Two, another one at work a year later.

He got to take a nice 3-hour nurse-supervised nap at CFA, then we went on with the rest of the day.

--<< Bruce >>--

Thanks for getting it back on track.

• Random Thinking

Sigh...memories...I wasn't there for the weekend, but this was one of my favorite attrations. I wished they would do a Rocky Horror Picture show thing and play the show on Saturday nights from 10- midnight once a month...sigh...

I was so excited when I went to Disneyland Paris in the summer of 1998 and it was still playing...I got to see it that one last time...

FDH has "We are here to change the world" mp3 on his phone.

Good times, good times...
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?