Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM
    Off topic: These changes have me that much more excited for Pirates.
    I was thinking that too.

I'm still not thrilled about PotC refurbishment, but this refurb, is starting to convert that 'idea'!

• Minion

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride?

If they did enhance the mansion, don't give Constance the Melanie treatment. The house should emphasise the whole 999 ghost strong community rather then just ONE central character. Granted I do love Phantom Manor but still. For new additions, I'd add some stuff to the Graveyard from the movie like the William Tell ghosts or that doomed Snake Charmer as a new member of the band.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride?

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the quicksand picture in the Stretching room- that picture just never did it for me. They could add in a Bride picture there.

The rest are all classics. I made a suggestion to Master Gracey to have them replace one stretching portrait every once in awhile to keep it 'fresh', but eventually bring that photo back when another one is taken out.

• Banned User

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride

I believe the ride needs technology updates, not story or feeling changes.

• Chernabog Admirer

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    I believe the ride needs technology updates, not story or feeling changes.
    I agree. For exampe, one thing that's sort of getting to me about some of the AAs is this: you can hear some of them make little clicking noises as you pass. The prisoner, executioner, knight, and opera singers are culprits of the noises.

If you can hear it with them, there's no telling who else clicks.

The content of the Mansion is fine enough, just some upgrades on the original figures or effects. Phantom Manor is a seperate story, and it's involvement with Melanie being a central character of the show should be more exclusive to it.. making it a unique experience, something different in the haunted series.... but it would be nice if PM brought back Vincent Price's voice.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

A disney Dreamer,

please put proper credit when you hotlink a photo from someones site.

We pay for bandwidth, the least I ask is that you put a link to our site with those photos of Mildred.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999
    A disney Dreamer,

please put proper credit when you hotlink a photo from someones site.

We pay for bandwidth, the least I ask is that you put a link to our site with those photos of Mildred.
    All you have to do is click the 'view image' button and it links to your site.

And sorry, I can't advertise for you. But I'm sorry I didn't put a link to your site.

Then please remove the images. Honestly, I think it would still illustrate your point to just stick a link in there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13
    Or pehaps seeing scratch marks appeare on the demented clock as the shadowy hand glides by?!
    I LOVE this idea. It seems so... creepy. Great idea!

And I too would love to see some attic-esque enhancements throughout the mansion- though I don't really want them to all relate to the bride. I'd rather the HM not have one "central" ghost.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    I LOVE this idea. It seems so... creepy. Great idea!

And I too would love to see some attic-esque enhancements throughout the mansion- though I don't really want them to all relate to the bride. I'd rather the HM not have one "central" ghost.
    Oh cool idea- keep em' coming!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Ok, well I was thinking of changing out the Master Gracey picture with a similar version of the following. Of course, the picture would look more like the Bride, being beautiful in one second, and old and pale in the next second. The example:

ALIVE:

ALMOST DEAD:

Hey just wondering, do you guys think this might be 'too' scarier for the Haunted Mansion- I really enjoy this particulae picture a lot.

I just see tons of class coming to the HM if they use similar pictures.

LINK

• The Happiest Cynic

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    All you have to do is click the 'view image' button and it links to your site.

And sorry, I can't advertise for you. But I'm sorry I didn't put a link to your site.
    The problem isn't that you're not "advertising" for his site, the problem is that you are stealing bandwidth by directly linking his image. He's telling you to find your own hosting for the image, not asking you to advertise for him.

This is pretty standard practice on most forums.

Also, while it's cool to imagine all kinds of sinister stuff being added to the Mansion, the tone of the place is still supposed to be innocuous. Remember, this is a family ride; the mansion as it is isn't really "scary", it's like 50 percent menacing and 50 percent goofy. At no point are you under any impression that the ghosts want to hurt you. Adding a long story chock full of bloody murder and then focusing on an extended tragedy throughout the ride is probably going a little too far.

Thank you.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami
    The problem isn't that you're not "advertising" for his site, the problem is that you are stealing bandwidth by directly linking his image. He's telling you to find your own hosting for the image, not asking you to advertise for him.

Also, while it's cool to imagine all kinds of sinister stuff being added to the Mansion, the tone of the place is still supposed to be innocuous. Remember, this is a family ride; the mansion as it is isn't really "scary", it's like 50 percent menacing and 50 percent goofy. At no point are you under any impression that the ghosts want to hurt you. Adding a long story chock full of bloody murder and then focusing on an extended tragedy throughout the ride is probably going a little too far.
    I agree with your comments on the bandwidth as well as changing the Mansion.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami

I wouldn't mind a more serious Mansion. All the Disney rides end 'happy.' That is why I love Phantom Manor so much- it ends quite sad and really emphasizes the beautiful storyline.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast