Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride?

I think that the bride only kills people once they're married and for financial purposes- and now that she's dead, there is no reason to do so.

However, I do have a solution to the problem of anything she says to you being heard be nearby buggies. Anybody remember that pinpoint sound idea that was talked about for the stretching room that would project sound so only one person would hear? What if, just as you turn away from the bride, that technology is used to make it seem like the bride is whispering in your ear. Maybe something like "Leaving so soon? Why, the wedding reception's just beginning!" and then maybe the axe noise.

• Banned User

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    I think that the bride only kills people once they're married and for financial purposes- and now that she's dead, there is no reason to do so.

However, I do have a solution to the problem of anything she says to you being heard be nearby buggies. Anybody remember that pinpoint sound idea that was talked about for the stretching room that would project sound so only one person would hear? What if, just as you turn away from the bride, that technology is used to make it seem like the bride is whispering in your ear. Maybe something like "Leaving so soon? Why, the wedding reception's just beginning!" and then maybe the axe noise.
    Oh I like, I like!

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride?

I thought of something else that really should be done!

Bring the bicycle ghosts forward! (I don't have a pic of these guys, but they're behind the tea party scene.....way off in the back. Hardly anyone knows of them, thus the reason for no pics....)

• Animatronic

The bicycle ghosts don't have much animation and if brought forward, it would be more obvious they are going in a circle.

I would love to see the technology of the whole ride improved, as well as the realism. I also think the area where the hitch hiking ghosts are at the end looks a bit contrived. As for being more scary, remember the pop ups used to scream loudly and the knight was a real person that would grab at you so it's been rather toned down over the years. I do agree that the mansion should remain more creepy and thrilling than bloody.

Re: Well Since Haunted Mansion Got A New Attic, How About A Complete Redo Of The Ride

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    If anything completely new was added, I'd say place something in the loading area. But the ride's "story" IMO does not need to be altered...it's a series of stories and experiences that one leaves to the imagination.
    I agree, the loading area needs some "oomph." More of a definition of what that area is supposed to be, even if it's a continuation of the hallway leading up to the back staircase leading to the conservatory, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    The bicycle ghosts don't have much animation and if brought forward, it would be more obvious they are going in a circle.

I would love to see the technology of the whole ride improved, as well as the realism. I also think the area where the hitch hiking ghosts are at the end looks a bit contrived. As for being more scary, remember the pop ups used to scream loudly and the knight was a real person that would grab at you so it's been rather toned down over the years. I do agree that the mansion should remain more creepy and thrilling than bloody.
    Of course, when I say bring the ghosts forward, I mean replace them as well with everything else. Actually put legs on them.

I didn't mean for it to be scarier...just creepier and add more definition to it all.

I wouldn't want the knight to grab at anyone either. Just put it's hand up and wave as everyone goes by. He could seem friendly as in saying "Hi, nice to meet you!".....or sinister as in "Goodbye......forever."

• Banned User

Keep this thread alive!

• Animatronic

Isn't it about time they added a loop?

Plus, I was checking maps and if they leveled DCA they could make a huge addtional mansion show building and extend the ride length to over two hours!

• Banned User

^Lol!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    And note to Frogberto, sorry my pictures were crashing your system.
    No problem - and thank you for reducing the images! I love it - I can spend more time responding. Thanks! B.F.F.!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13
    Of course, when I say bring the ghosts forward, I mean replace them as well with everything else. Actually put legs on them.

I didn't mean for it to be scarier...just creepier and add more definition to it all.

I wouldn't want the knight to grab at anyone either. Just put it's hand up and wave as everyone goes by. He could seem friendly as in saying "Hi, nice to meet you!".....or sinister as in "Goodbye......forever."
    to add legs to em would probably come off as cheasy

as for the night the stiff movements work pretty well

at that point in the story your not supposed to see tangable ghosts anyways and as a suit of armor I don't exactly expect it to move fluidly at all

that whole section of the ride is just supposed to be spooks having trouble getting through

as for all this talk about rewriting the entire ride to revolve around the ride

I'm going to say it would ruin the ride

alot of the ride has a classic feel and the broad approach to the many different ghosts works great

the truth is even the ballroom ghosts come from too many different time periods for it to make since that they are all part of the wedding reception

if anything I'd say that the HM probably had a number of different owners before it became the retirement home

the bride was probably one of them and then somebody bought it and brought Leota in or something like that and following their deaths it became a retirement home for many different ghosts

Constance just has a stronger presence then most of the ghosts because she is actualy connected to the houses history

as for the differences in effects hopefully things like upgrading the Hitchhiking ghosts and perhaps at some point a few effects in the graveyard will pull the ride together a bit more cohesivly visualy

but I really like the silly spooks and GGG should always be that rides theme

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    to add legs to em would probably come off as cheasy

as for the night the stiff movements work pretty well

at that point in the story your not supposed to see tangable ghosts anyways and as a suit of armor I don't exactly expect it to move fluidly at all

You know what, just forget I said anything.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Dude I am just all for ALL of the ghosts looking like the bride, and I have only seen the video. If shes as good as everyone says, I would love the whole ride to have realistic looking ghosts like that. OMG i have chills thinking about how great they could update HM to be.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by lilbigguy
    I agree, the loading area needs some "oomph." More of a definition of what that area is supposed to be, even if it's a continuation of the hallway leading up to the back staircase leading to the conservatory, etc.
    Especially with the lighting now, it just screams: "This is a loading area!" Even the unload has more charm than the loading. Maybe some walls around the right and back side, and some spooky effects.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Isn't it about time they added a loop?

Plus, I was checking maps and if they leveled DCA they could make a huge addtional mansion show building and extend the ride length to over two hours!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lore again.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast