View Poll Results: Have you Ever Had a P.D.M. Personal Disneyland Moment?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!

6 66.67%
  • So That's what it was.

0 0%
  • I think so!

1 11.11%
  • No, is something wrong with me?

1 11.11%
  • No Never! I would be a vegetarian if animals weren't so tasty!

0 0%
  • I would be a vegetarian if animals weren't so tasty!

1 11.11%

• Walt A Head Of His Time!

Cool PDM's They Don't Make You Go Blind...

PDM's are the coolest things and I hope that I am not the only one who has them. PDM's are the kind of things that go on in your head that keep you young at heart, bring back memories of a time before and they make statements like I am 40 but I feel the same as I did inside as I did when I was 9.

PDM's Personal Disneyland Moments are something I have never shared with anyone before. Certainly I can't be the only one. I guess I will find out right now.

To really understand what a PDM is you can liken it to an orgasm in many ways as there really is not a bad one. There are lesser ones and greater ones but you always look forward to the next. One difference between a PDM and orgasm is you would never fake one or at least I haven't!

They require stimulation, there is a build up, a peak or climax and then comes the afterglow and your ready to do it again.

Welcome to my head, this is a PDM!

Carousel of Progress PDM

Stimulation:
    The theater becomes speckled with all those little lights from the snow globe. The song starts "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" and the theater starts to turn, you feel that little motion vibration bumpiness as the wheels are turning beneath the theater. My PDM, is starting.
    Anticipation:
    You are at full rotation speed,speckle lights are everywhere and you reach the halfway point. You are straddling two theaters, you look left you can see the scene you just left! Look right and you see the scene you are coming into. You may be singing along or clapping but your attention is focused on the arrival of the PDM. You know it is only seconds away and you almost start to countdown 4, 3, 2...
    Climax
    You have arrived fully into the next scene and the theater is slowing down. You are at the edge of your seat your senses are in overdrive GOD this is Great! Boom it happens. The theater hits the stopping point and you feel that little sway, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth more subtle each time until finally the theater stops moving. the little speckle lights disappear and the stage lights come on. That little 2 second stopping subtle back and forth movement is a PDM.
    Afterglow
    You think WOW! I love that part and since Carousel of Progress had 4 scenes and an exit you knew that there "was a great big beautiful PDM waiting at the end of every scene!"

Does anyone need to go smoke a cigarette?

So now you know about PDM's.

Last June I was at Disneyworld with a friend and we rode COP. after my 4th PDM I turned to my friend and said "Brad did you feel that" he said "what?" I said "never mind".... So how bout you can you relate "did you feel it" or are you a "never mind"....

• Minion

Re: PDM's They Don't Make You Go Blind...

They require stimulation, there is a build up, a peak or climax and then comes the afterglow and your ready to do it again.
    What?

Welcome to my head, this is a PDM!
    You have a sick mind.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 05-04-2006 at 09:58 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by XSub-Captain
    To really understand what a PDM is you can liken it to an orgasm in many ways as there really is not a bad one. There are lesser ones and greater ones but you always look forward to the next. One difference between a PDM and orgasm is you would never fake one or at least I haven't!

Eeewwww.

• That Guy

Can we add one more survey response? If so, please add *'WTF?' as an option. I'm sure it will get a lot of use.

*Note- WTF Does not stand for 'Wow That's Funny!'

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think I get it. I actually get a PDM everytime I see a 1961 Oldsmobile.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Vehicle rotating backward

"This post is most illogical, Captain. It does not seem to correspond to any known language in the universe."

• Banned User

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!