Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

The 'Old' Bride's Story

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Gracey eventually married Lillian O'Malley, a Georgia trapeze artist; however, he likely had several affairs with Leota after his marriage, much to Lillian's detriment. Leota grew violently jealous and in 1937 convinced Lillian to perform her trapeze act once more; she then magically undid the rope as Lillian was crossing an alligator-infested river, whereupon she fell in and was devoured. (This scene, of course, is depicted in the "stretching" portrait in the entrance room.) Distraught, Gracey was shortly thereafter introduced to Emily Cavanagh, his second cousin, who had recently lost her parents. The 16-year-old girl was quite taken with him, and fell head over heels in love. But on their honeymoon in 1941, she and her new husband played hide and seek. She hid in a large trunk in the attic. But Leota snuck in, and pulled the lock. Panicked, Emily suffocated. Her ghost is the eerie bride in the attic. As if to add injury to insult, during her funeral, Leota made the horses drawing the hearse panic, rushing off into the Florida swampland and driving Emily's wedding ring, knocked from her coffin, deep into the front walk, where it could never be moved. Emily's body itself was never found."

Now that is (well was) a good story! Any Comments?

Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 05-05-2006 at 04:50 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: The 'Old' Bride's Story

Thats the "story" I am most familiar with...basically.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Who made that up? I know there is no "official" story, so who concocted that one??

• Official MC Thread Killer

Is there really a ring outside the mansion (at DL and WDW)? I've heard that before... anyway, that's a great story, though....
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Is there really a ring outside the mansion (at DL and WDW)? I've heard that before... anyway, that's a great story, though....
    From what I understand, NO. It was an old rope post or something from construct that became lodged into the walkway and has not been removed. However it seems for every person who says it is a ring, another says it is not.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Personally, I think the story is pretty lame.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If Leota is the one killing people why is she calling back their spirits?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    If Leota is the one killing people why is she calling back their spirits?
    Good question.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I just remembered another story about the supposed ring. I believe it involves the bride throwing it out the window of the attic after her husband to be cheated on her or, in a continuity with him being our Ghost Host, hanging himself in the attic. Something wierd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

...Wikipedia is written by run-of-the-mill average joes that say whatever they want and then send it in to the site.

Needless to say, you can't call it an official storyline. All these "stories" for the Mansion have been invented by fans like us that have nothing better to do with our lives.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    ...Wikipedia is written by run-of-the-mill average joes that say whatever they want and then send it in to the site.

Needless to say, you can't call it an official storyline. All these "stories" for the Mansion have been invented by fans like us that have nothing better to do with our lives.
    I never said it was official.

Plus I have heard on quite a few websites the same story with Little Leota and Master Gracey.

So even if its not official or what not, its still fun to read!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Some people around here sure get up in arms when you talk about Wikipedia!

The story with the ring in the cement is about WDW's mansion. The exterior of that mansion is more unusual with things like the ring in the cement and the Leota headstone that "awakes" in the yard.

The one in DL had something to do with a husband who was secretly a pirate.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

That story is full of holes...

The Mansion in WDW supposedly takes place in New England, and while the story clearly refrences the "ring" in the cement that fanboys have long wet themselves over, it says the horses ran off into the Florida swampland. That's an awful long run for horses pulling a hearse.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The only serious information I ever seem to find on the pirate story is from when POTC and HM were walkthroughs. At one point there was the idea of having a tunnel connect the two.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    That story is full of holes...

The Mansion in WDW supposedly takes place in New England, and while the story clearly refrences the "ring" in the cement that fanboys have long wet themselves over, it says the horses ran off into the Florida swampland. That's an awful long run for horses pulling a hearse.
    I think the story takes the liberty of assuming the house has always been where it is and that the rest of the MK was built around it.

Anyway, there's one story of Leota falling in love with Gracey and him choosing brides and her having them killed off, and that's the WDW story. The DL story involved a bride finding her husband was a pirate of the caribbean, and his response is to kill her then kill himself. This is supposed to be actually in a drawer in WDI somewhere, but rejected because the time period between HM and POTC are too far apart to make sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast