Thread: Space Mountain

• Minion

Space Mountain

I just got back from DL. We went on space mountain at about 1:30, and I told my friend while loading, that they were putting too many rains on the line and not loading them fast enough. I know this beacause it talks about that in Mouse Tales by David Koenig. So Anyway, during the ride we kept hearing please stay seated, we are about to come to a stop. Sure enough Mid-ride we stop, the lights come on and I see the coolest thing I have ever seen at Disneyland. I was so mad at myself for forgetting my camera at home. So the Cast Members came up and pushed our rocket down the hill, it was sweet

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: Space Mountain

inside the ride? What part? I am jealous! I have always wanted to get stopped inside SM!

Good for you!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Regular Newbie :)

dang! that's rad. My dad rode space mountain in the light one time... It was the old one with the floating cookies (planets). He said it was so different... but, not as cool. I would kill to see the new one with the lights on!

• Minion

Yeah, it was pretty insane. I loved it

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

nerd alert!

how can you tell if there are too many trains on the track? please, explain!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lowering Expectations

I think all it comes down to is how backed up the trains get behind the loading area if guests take too long to board. Can't confirm it, but there are about five spaces behind the unload/load space. If those all get filled, the whole system shuts down.

CM's have been pretty good about getting guests to come all the way up to the front of the boarding gates to be ready to get into the rockets once the doors open (and getting riding guests out). If things go smooth, it's a 15-second interval on average. If it gets too much more than that- you got a problem on your hands.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Wait .. Is all the stuff for Rockit Mountain in there? Does it look like they are working on it?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Ive been stuck twice, yeah Rockit mountain stuff is present(i think) it is really cool. There are trellace-like things over the track, maybe lighting or something. It is really cool.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    nerd alert!

how can you tell if there are too many trains on the track? please, explain!
    You can tell if they are backed up. I noticed they were trying to pull a few off the track, but apparently that didn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    Ive been stuck twice, yeah Rockit mountain stuff is present(i think) it is really cool. There are trellace-like things over the track, maybe lighting or something. It is really cool.
    YES! There are metal trellaces over the part of the track about a story over the finale with the stars. I pointed that out to my friend. I also saw some lights on the side of the track. They were tubed lights. I am not sure if they were for breakdowns or Rockit, but the trellaces are definitley there.

• Minion

It was funny, we thought we were bad luck magnets since we got 2 rides to stop. My brother, friend and his sister were putting there legs up a bit on Splash Mountain. They didn't think it would matter. So we kept hearing a voice say put your legs down, we didn't think they were talking to us beacause even i couldn't notice. So finally we get to the top of the big drop, and it stops. I'm in the front row teetering over the edge. That was freaky! We appologized to the CM's afterwards, and explained we didn't realize that we did something wrong. They were cool about it.

• șoș Tom șoș

I rode on the front of the train for the first time yesterday I never noticed all the subtle special effects you miss in the back...no other way to ride it from now on