Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Unrealized Imagineering: Concepts that never saw the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    I want, like mentioned, more classic stories like Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, or Cinderella before a NMBC ride- not only does the ride not fit with any of the current lands, NMBC doesn't have too many memorable songs, unlike Beauty and the Beast's Belle or the Little Mermaid's Part of Your World.
    lol...there are quite a few people out there who would greatly disagree with you. The score for the film is, to a huge majority of people, outstanding. "This Is Halloween", for example. But of course, to each his/her own

I'd like to see this ride in DCA...perhaps when the revamp of the park is more heavy. But while the overlay is in Disneyland, it should only be a thought, IMO.

A Little Mermaid ride, I think, would be cute in Paradise Pier.

I'd love to see a Beauty and the Beast ride and some new homage to Sleeping Beauty...who knows if that will ever happen, though :/

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    You can thank Eisner, Sklar, Cynthia Harris, Paul Pressler, the accountants and Don Goodman for these rides never getting made. They decided to go wtih cheaper less expensive and less satisfactory attractions like Pooh instead because they figured "hey people are gonna come to disney anyway even if the rides suck". It really upsets me what happened.

My recommendation? Send these concept pics and info to john lasseter. He actually reads his mail belive it or not.
    1980s and 1990s management destroyed the 1970s' Discovery Bay? Interesting.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    lol...there are quite a few people out there who would greatly disagree with you. The score for the film is, to a huge majority of people, outstanding. "This Is Halloween", for example. But of course, to each his/her own

I'd like to see this ride in DCA...perhaps when the revamp of the park is more heavy. But while the overlay is in Disneyland, it should only be a thought, IMO.

A Little Mermaid ride, I think, would be cute in Paradise Pier.

I'd love to see a Beauty and the Beast ride and some new homage to Sleeping Beauty...who knows if that will ever happen, though :/
    The music is fine in NMBC...I just had heard so much 'hype' about how great the film was from others that, when I saw it, I was really disappointed. The movie, at least to me, deserved a 4 out of 10. It wasn't memorable at all, nothing like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. And plus those two movies fit far better than NMBC.

And.. I want The Little Mermaid in Fantasyland still, its a classic story, and it just belongs in DL, or at least with my ideas it would fit.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Remember...

Discovery Bay almost happened. In fact, the Chinese fireworks painting, and the mural on the dock next to the Twain dock, were 'teasers' of the style to come.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 05-11-2006 at 01:46 AM.
    -Monorail Man

• Elcapitan Man

But where could you put NMBC?

No current land fits that theme, unless they do a VillainLand of some sort.
    Disney Dreamer, Now you are talking. I love the thought of NMBC in VillainLand.

• Elcapitan Man

Talking Re: Unrealized Imagineering: Concepts that never saw the light of day.

But where could you put NMBC?

No current land fits that theme, unless they do a VillainLand of some sort.
    Disney Dreamer, Now you are talking. I love the thought of NMBC in Villainland.

i love the idea of a nightmare before christmas ride. would fit perfectlly in a villianland were the proposed woody land is supposed to go. although i seem to remember hearing from somwhere, dont' remember were but this idea is no longer been planned.so there is always hope and if they were to build NBC in dca, it could be awesome, they need more family friendly rides that are interesting! i wish they would build this somewhere, but i also would love to see a mary poppins dark ride via peter pan as well. or maybe an outdoor jolly hollyday boat ride were the old motorboat area used to be.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

hum....I wonder what will actually happen...All these concepts are wonderful...and with Lassiter on the Throne(large Chair not toilet) Who know what can happen

The music is fine in NMBC...I just had heard so much 'hype' about how great the film was from others that, when I saw it, I was really disappointed. The movie, at least to me, deserved a 4 out of 10. It wasn't memorable at all, nothing like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. And plus those two movies fit far better than NMBC.

And.. I want The Little Mermaid in Fantasyland still, its a classic story, and it just belongs in DL, or at least with my ideas it would fit.
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of Corpse Bride? Corpse Bride was horrid, but Nightmare was an incredible film. One of the few films I am able to watch over and over without tiring of it. And since the HM overlay continues to return every year, I am guessing a large enough crowd agrees.

• ...TWO BITS!

The Critter Country 500 vehicle kinda looks like the idea I had for a Beauty & the Beast attraction. Except the vehicle is supposed to be designed after that wood chopping machine Marice invents. Then again it also reminds me of Expedition Everest coasters (steam engine in the back and passengers up front).

But it's all cool. No complaints.

Although I want to learn more about Critter Country 500.

And I find TNBC MORE enjoyable than Corpse Bride.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-18-2006 at 02:33 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion FOREVER!

Hey, I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Western River Expedition (WRE).

Now that's a classic "unrealized imagineering"!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I don't think Nightmare Before Christmas would fit into Villain Land anymore than the dark rides we already have. After all, ALL dark rides in Fantasyland have a villain of some sort or another. I mean, I wouldn't put it into a Villain Land simply because of its darker style, I would just try to work it in a bit more. I would build a bit more of the "forest" before transitioning to the queue idea that Imagineer had. I think the ride looks great.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i'ts funny that disney is finaly realizing what a cash cow NBC is , they need to make this ride , it fits perfect in the mbc area , and the only reason i would be against putting it in dca , is they just got a new dark ride

My Maleficent tattoo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123