Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Reject no more!

What gift would you give DL for her 50th?

So what does one get for the park who has given us so much? Are you grandiose and splurge on a new attraction? Do you tip your hat to the subtleties of the park and give a special topiary bench or some new jumping fish? Perhaps another iconic monument like ‘Partners’ is in order?

What would you give to Disneyland to honor its golden anniversary?

And please, no GAP gift certificates
    ><> just call me n8 <><

I think we have all given our hearts...isn't that gift enough
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" °o°
    - Uncle Walt

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I would give her a new land with an orignial theme that includes an E-Ticket, a D-Ticket or two, shopping and restaurants. Expansion is the best gift.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Since the tagline of the 50th is "come home" I would've given Disneyland a DVC "home away from home resort". Not sure what theme or where it would go though...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by dizneeboy
    I think we have all given our hearts...isn't that gift enough
    I agree with that! That is the best possible gift, and DL definitely has my heart!

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rainicorn.

More room.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

What could one possibly do except send best wishes, love and appreciation for being something so unique and special that it still attracts and entertains a huge portion of the world today.

In July of 1955 among vast orange groves in a little known area south of Los Angeles Walt Disney staked everything on a dream that became an international icon. It was a period in time of extreme paranoia and fear.

The success of his venture after half a century proves that this destination continues to have an allure that many still feel is a major portion of their lives and one of the true "magical" places left in a very damaged and changing world.

The past 50 years seemed to go by so fast...may the next five decades find Disneyland to be still entertaining, fascinating and a presence in an ever changing world. And, like an old dowager, she will retain an elegance and beauty about her that none of the other parks can ever come close to achieving.

She's an original, very special and our continued concern for her well being is from the heart and our gift to her.
    Last edited by desertdweller; 04-08-2005 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

• Reject no more!

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    What could one possibly do except send best wishes, love and appreciation for being something so unique and special that it still attracts and entertains a huge portion of the world today.

In July of 1955 among vast Orange Groves in a little known area south of Los Angeles Walt Disney staked everything on a dream that became an international icon. It was a period in time of extreme paranoia and fear.

The success of his venture after half a century proves that this destination continues to have an allure that many still feel is a major portion of their lives and one of the true "magical" places left in a very damaged and changing world.

The past 50 years seemed to go by so fast...may the next five decades find Disneyland to be still entertaining, fascinating and a presence in an ever changing world. And, like an old dowager, she will retain an elegance and beauty about her that none of the other parks can ever come close to achieving.

She's an original, very special and our continued concern for her well being is from the heart and our gift to her.
    Thank you for such a lovely post. I'm even a little choked up. She is quite a special place to us all...
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Still wants to be a cat!

Our loyalty to the Original & the 1st! Keep visiting her as often as possible and try to keep her beauty as it was meant to be!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Just this guy......

I know that I'll be giving them lots of money buy all sort of souvenirs.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Keep this thread alive, it's worth reading!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Super saucy pixie!

I'd give Walt back!

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

As for gifts I Wish I could give DL -

I wish for Disneyland - rides that never need to be closed for months for refurbishing. A wave of the wand and some Bibbity bobbity boo, too.

I wish for Disneyland - CM's that love their job. I think most of them realize that although it's a job, it's one that many of us would do for free just to have Had the experience.

I wish for Disneyland - guests that behave as Guests. Treat Disneyland as if it's your Grandma's home - toss your trash properly, behave yourself, lots of pleases and thank yous, no cutting in lines or being surly or rude.

I wish for Disneyland - the ability to keep improving the Disney experience. Less shops at the end of each ride, more rides that the whole family can enjoy.

I wish for Disneyland - a giant dusting of Pixie Dust. Keep Walt's dream alive and growing the way he wanted.

Mostly - I wish For Disneyland. Really! Everybody who would live there if they could, raise their hands..... mhmm I thought so!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    Thats what i'm giving too

• My laughing place

My wish for Disneyland for the next 50 years...

A president who seems to cherish this wonderful place as much as we do. A person who understands her lagacy(she seems to have found this !!).

New and original E-ticket rides every 2-3 years.

Adequate funding to keep to the rides and grounds maintained. A president who is not afraid to spend money on payroll for enough cast members to ensure the guest a memorable experience every time they visit.

Senior management in Burbank who (again) understand the legacy of the park and who will endeavor to build exciting rides for young and old alike.

May we always treasure this wonderful and magical place where the young and young at heart can have fun with thier family and friends as Walt intended.

I know if Im alive and breathing I will make every attempt to be at her 100th birthday !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast