Thread: Moonlit Voyage

• Use the Force

Moonlit Voyage

So, I got my tickets for the Moonlit Voyage and am very much looking forward to it! Okay, so it's not the "premier" and Johnny Depp won't be there, but it still sounds like a lot of fun!

Any other Mice Chatters going to be there?

If you don't know what it is, go to disneygallery.com for more info, but it's really just a 'first showing of Dead Man's Chest' with dinner, expensive things to buy, etc. But since I'm a) a Disneylandaholic and b) a PoTC nut, it was kind of a given to get tickets!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• Use the Force

Re: Moonlit Voyage

Wow. No one else is doing the Moonlit Voyage??? I thought for sure other MiceChatters would be going!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

This might help give you a sense of the interest levels:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...chandise+event
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Luckiest Man Alive!

I went to the special event D/L put on for the first Pirates movie, but was so disappointed that it wasn't much more than a movie showing and opportunity to buy expensive merchandise, that I didn't sign up this time. The powers-to-be in TDA must have taken notice and this event sounds much more fun - at least you'll get a chance to ride POTC & take part in what sounds like a classy & entertaining dinner.

Please post a review after the event & let us all know how it went!
    B5, Marcus Cole:
    I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Mouseplanet said it was sold out in their update. they arent offering enough to make me want to go. At first, weeks before they put up the info. I wanted to go, but after seeing the merchandise, it was forget it. They could have done so much more, like a preview of the ride before it opens. I was very disappointed and thought they could have done so much more with the prices.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Robert951
    at least you'll get a chance to ride POTC
    Only if you have admission media into the park yourself, because apparently, entrance into DL isn't included in the packages.

• Luckiest Man Alive!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Only if you have admission media into the park yourself, because apparently, entrance into DL isn't included in the packages.
    You're absolutely correct about that (I forgot)!
    Robert
    B5, Marcus Cole:
    I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Jedi, We'll be waiting your report to
    see what you think of this event.

I was VERY skeptical, based on the
    price of the event.

Which package did you purchase.
    Are you taking someone with you?

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    Mouseplanet said it was sold out in their update. they arent offering enough to make me want to go. At first, weeks before they put up the info. I wanted to go, but after seeing the merchandise, it was forget it. They could have done so much more, like a preview of the ride before it opens. I was very disappointed and thought they could have done so much more with the prices.
    If they are selling out the tickets with the things like they are, they will never give more for the price. Why should they? The tickets are already being sold out.

Already demand is greater then supply. Why improve things and increase demand? All that will do is increase the price even more.

I forget the exact price, but $225 is coming to mind. Last time it was 1/5 the price. I can't see this being worth $225. A movie (which only looks so-so in my opinion), a ride that I'll go on that week anyway, and some merchandise that's overpriced (and will probably be on sale later that summer). The only cool part, the dinner, but the dinner is outside the park, not even at the blue bayou. I can't justify $225 on this.