• The answer is 42

Question Anyone know about the Music In The Parks Festival (aka May 19th vs. 21st)

Has anyone heard of this festival? I just heard that this is supposedly going to be happening on Friday, May 19th, which is one of the two days I was considering for our DL park visit (the other is Sunday, the 21st). Does anyone think that this will make DL particularly crowded on the 19th? I'm concerned about the crowds anyhow since our two options are a Friday and a Sunday and the Food & Wine Festival is going on across the esplanade; however, if I can pick the lesser of two evils, I will.

Any advice from those who are regularly in the parks, as always, is welcome.
    Last edited by MousEarz; 05-09-2006 at 08:06 AM.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• The answer is 42

Re: Anyone Heard of the Music In The Parks Festival (aka May 19th vs. 21st)

Nobody, but nobody has heard of this?

I contaced DL and the information they gave me was vague (somehow, I'm not surprised). Event is both on & off site, with awards being in the park. No information about how large the event is & such. Basically, no help from them.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Music In The Parks Festival (aka May 19th vs. 21st)

I don't think you'll notice any surge in numbers beyond what is there for a normal weekend. This is a company that books school performing groups to compete in festivals in theme parks across the country. I highly doubt it would come close to the numbers that are generated by the cheerleaders. That said, any weekend in May will probably be pretty crowded regardless. Off the top of my head, I would wager you are looking at maybe 20 choirs and 20 bands/orchestras on each day, and not all of them will be able to spend all day in the park. So....I would say an additional 1600 kids each day with some parents/chaperones who will come to watch. (But keep in mind that ANY convention in town might bring in five times that amount.) Evenings will be more crowded than daytime as most of these kids will be performing and will need to change, etc before hitting the parks.

Hope that helps.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Music In The Parks Festival (aka May 19th vs. 21st)

p.s. Friday during the day should be good. I doubt you'll even notice the kids until after the evening awards.