Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Ten things you MAY not know about the Haunted Mansion...

The Executioner is near the Opera Singers by the Headless Knight and Gus(the midget Hitchhiking Ghost who appears again like 20 feet away).
    Also, the Hatbox Ghost was apparently disassembled, the two heads becoming popups and the main figure becoming, get this, SAM THE EAGLE in America Sings.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

thanks! for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    As I mentioned. From the FAQ: "Both "Madam Leota" and "Little Leota" use the faces of Disney imagineer Leota Thomas. Leota Thomas (her maiden name was Leota Toombs) mainly worked in the model shop and could be seen in the Small World pictorial guide, now out of print, which showed several "making of" photos. ?
    Is she the woman with dark hair (probably late 20s) working on the hyena?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I keep hoping that they will replace the speakers/sound system to make the ride better. I have always felt this is one of the weakest parts of the ride.
    HELLO!!! ESPECIALLY in the graveyard scene! I KNOW my hearing isn't getting any better, but it's not THAT bad! When I was a kid, you could really HEAR everyone from the quintet to the opera singer...and NOW it seems HALF as loud! Who turned down the volume?

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    The Executioner is near the Opera Singers by the Headless Knight and Gus(the midget Hitchhiking Ghost who appears again like 20 feet away).
    Also, the Hatbox Ghost was apparently disassembled, the two heads becoming popups and the main figure becoming, get this, SAM THE EAGLE in America Sings.
    His head design was not just used for the Hatbox Ghost itself, it was repeated for other things. I know there is a painting that is the same face, and a few others, but I cannot remember what. (Mansion was closed last time I was there) In an issue of E Ticket, an imagineer mentioned seeing one of the Hatbox figures in one of the archives, although it was 15-20 years ago. I do not know the issue off-hand, but maybe someone else here does? His main figure looked to be very simple, with the movement actually coming from his cane, if I remember right, and the rest of the movement being "free" animation.

I must say that the sound in the graveyard has bothered me in the past. I actually love getting stopped in the graveyard because when the overhead speil comes on when the ride is stopped, the main music is quieted, so you can hear the individual voices of the characters in the graveyard you are close to. My personal favorite is the old man who is hard of hearing.

Also, in addition to starting and stopping the ride, the remote controls the ride operators have can also trigger the "creep" (slow) mode that was installed in the 1995 update.

Another fun fact is that most of the stuff for the Nightmare Before Christmas layover is actually stored under the ride track during the months its not in use. There are also 2 storage units behind the ride building as well though.

My favorite though is that the balcony on the second floor exterior of the mansion isn't actually "real". While it looks convincing, it would be hard pressed to support much weight other than the few decorations that are placed up there.

• Mary Blair Lover

Quote Originally Posted by englishboy
    I think that's her, but not 100% sure. There is a clear as day picture and blurb about her being Madame Leota in the Imagineering Book. She's working on a Teddy Bera model in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    To add onto #5: The only time the music in the Mansion is not "Grim Grinning Ghosts" is in the Mansion is in the attic. Appropriately, it is Felix Mendelssohn's Wedding March.
    [classical music nitpick] Wagner's, actually. The "Bridal Chorus" from the opera Lohengrin. Mendelssohn's Wedding March, from the ballet A Midsummer Night's Dream, is the one heard at the end of every wedding. [/classical music nitpick]

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by englishboy
    Hmm. Not sure about the Hyena, but here's the pic:

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by crpeoplemover
    I think that's her, but not 100% sure. There is a clear as day picture and blurb about her being Madame Leota in the Imagineering Book. She's working on a Teddy Bera model in the picture.
    Yes, from the picture, it does look more like Teddy Beara:

I never knew there were three panes of glass....I thought it was one nig one. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12