Sorry to start yet another thread on the HM, but I went on the HM this morning and was halfway through the ballroom scene when I noticed something: I was able to take all of it in without having to crane my neck around to see the dueling ghosts, organist, etc. That's when it hit me that the doom buggies were going noticeably slower.
So....I was thinking....I wonder if they cooled off the speed of the Doombuggies as the lines for the past couple of years haven't been quite as long, giving guests a chance to soak it all in a bit more without feeling rushed. I could be imagining all this, but I rode HM LAST Monday before the bride was finished, and the whole tempo of the ride felt quick compared to my earlier memories. You were through the party scene and the graveyard before you really had a chance to enjoy any of it.
To further complicate matters, as I got off around 10:30 am, they literally closed the gates in my face and told me the ride was shut down due to technical difficulties.
So....my questions are:
1) Any chance that they have actually slowed the speed of the ride down just a bit in order to take in all of the cool new things in the attic? (Keep in mind the average guest probably only goes on this once if it's their first time to DL.)
2) If not, would they consider it in the future? I REALLY enjoyed myself much more at what felt like a slightly slower speed...maybe down 10 to 15% from what it was last week. I actually got to hear an entire phrase sung by the quintet in the graveyard!
3) Is it just me, or did they change speeds since...I don't know...the 1980's at some point? And does this change of speed correlate to the smaller lines out front? Or has the speed always been constant since it opened?? I know that a faster speed means more guests per minute, but if the standby line wait time remains under 15 minutes throughout the year, would they consider slowing it down, even a little?
4) Or are the CM's simply slowing the ride for guests with disabilities? Can they control the overall speed in case a guest is having trouble getting on and off?
1) The Ghost Host voice gave the Madam Leota Spiel last Monday, but today it was definitely gone. Hmmmmm......
2) From some of the descriptions, I expected the bride to be 4ft tall. I think her size was fine...although her face does get cartoonish at times. I think they were going for a psychotic look, but maybe got carried away. Two thumbs up for the entire attic sequence!!
3) HM was down until at least 11:45. Still tweaking??