Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

No more french fry smell?

I heard on the morning news that Disney and McDonald's are no longer going to partner. I guess Disney is trying to distance itself from the bad rap that fast food is getting. I wonder when the fry carts will close....and what will they put in their place. Hmmm. It's a shame...they smelled so good.

• Regular Newbie :)

Re: No more french fry smell?

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat
    I heard on the morning news that Disney and McDonald's are no longer going to partner. I guess Disney is trying to distance itself from the bad rap that fast food is getting. I wonder when the fry carts will close....and what will they put in their place. Hmmm. It's a shame...they smelled so good.
    I know... I usually don't even like fast food... but that fry cart by the Haunted Mansion always draws me in! I've even seen Supersize Me... that makes me not like mcdonalds..

• Banned User

I love their fries!

• Regular Newbie :)

They are good... but, not good for you... that's why I try to avoid them at all costs!

• Minion

Talking Re: No more french fry smell?

What bad rap is McDonalds getting? That they sell fast food and some people buy too much of it and don't excersize enough and get all fat and try to sue for making them so fat? McDonalds should sue THEM for abusing their food! LOL

• A Pirate's life for me!

According to the article, McD's will still be offering their deep fried goodies inside the Parks. Only the "giveaway" toys are affected. They no longer have an exclusive relationship with McD's.

Maybe Burger King will now be offering up DL goodies with their kids meals??? Or even In-n-Out Burger!

Bon-appetite!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Oh is that what it is? Okay. I heard about this...but I was confused because McDs is supposed to be the new sponsor of the new Fantasyland Fry Shoppe.

• Pirates, Potter and Pan

Nooooo I love the fries. =(

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat
    From http://www.todayonline.com/articles/117362.asp:
    The Walt Disney Co. said it was pulling out of its decade-old marketing alliance with burger giant McDonald's Corp., but both firms denied the deal was ending because of concerns over obesity.

The firms announced the break-up in separate statements, but insisted that their lucrative tie-up was ending amicably for business reasons and not over worries about fast food contributing to the problem of youth obesity.

Daly rejected a Los Angeles Times story that said Disney was abandoning the pact because it does not want to be linked to junk food. The report was "based on Hollywood hearsay" and was "a misrepresentation of the truth", he said.

Los Angeles-based Disney confirmed the end of the cross-promotional tie up, but also insisted that the decision had nothing top do with America's bulging waste lines and said the relationship remained friendly.
    The marketing alliance between two of the most iconic US brands will end with this summer's release of the Pixar movies "Cars" and Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest".

...But at the time, McDonald's said it was negotiating a possible extension of its partnership with Disney, including the placement of McDonald's restaurants at Disney theme parks.

For Disney, the deal was worth royalties of 100 million dollars a year, the LA Times reported. But the newspaper said that Disney executives had grown more concerned about linking cartoon characters to the fattening fast food that is most associated with McDonald's. Apple Computer boss Steve Jobs, who joined Disney's board after the conclusion last week of the company's acquisition of his Pixar Animation Studios, has voiced concerns over childhood obesity in the past.

...Copyright MediaCorp Press Ltd. All rights reserved."

• Banned User

Lightbulb Re: No more french fry smell?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    From http://www.todayonline.com/articles/117362.asp:
    The Walt Disney Co. said it was pulling out of its decade-old marketing alliance with burger giant McDonald's Corp., but both firms denied the deal was ending because of concerns over obesity.

The firms announced the break-up in separate statements, but insisted that their lucrative tie-up was ending amicably for business reasons and not over worries about fast food contributing to the problem of youth obesity.

Daly rejected a Los Angeles Times story that said Disney was abandoning the pact because it does not want to be linked to junk food. The report was "based on Hollywood hearsay" and was "a misrepresentation of the truth", he said.

Los Angeles-based Disney confirmed the end of the cross-promotional tie up, but also insisted that the decision had nothing top do with America's bulging waste lines and said the relationship remained friendly.
    The marketing alliance between two of the most iconic US brands will end with this summer's release of the Pixar movies "Cars" and Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest".

...But at the time, McDonald's said it was negotiating a possible extension of its partnership with Disney, including the placement of McDonald's restaurants at Disney theme parks.

For Disney, the deal was worth royalties of 100 million dollars a year, the LA Times reported. But the newspaper said that Disney executives had grown more concerned about linking cartoon characters to the fattening fast food that is most associated with McDonald's. Apple Computer boss Steve Jobs, who joined Disney's board after the conclusion last week of the company's acquisition of his Pixar Animation Studios, has voiced concerns over childhood obesity in the past.

...Copyright MediaCorp Press Ltd. All rights reserved."

Mc Donalds restaurant INSIDE the park!!?

NOW THAT WOULD BE TACKY- get some class Disney and add In-N-Out!!

• Ooh boy!

I don't think In-N-Out really wants to become a franchise.

I always notice that it says that it's a privately owned restaurant on their bags.

Plus there are no restaurants on the east coast, which makes me mad.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Mc Donalds restaurant INSIDE the park!!?
    Isn't there already one in DCA? I remember walking by "Burger Invasion by McDonalds". I haven't actually eaten there, so maybe they just supply part of the meal (fries, for example). Or is this actually a McDonalds?

Quote Originally Posted by openattheseams
    I don't think In-N-Out really wants to become a franchise.

I always notice that it says that it's a privately owned restaurant on their bags.

Plus there are no restaurants on the east coast, which makes me mad.
    In N Out is family owned and operated. They have NO franchised locations.

Also, the McD/Disney news is about a year old.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Isn't there already one in DCA? I remember walking by "Burger Invasion by McDonalds". I haven't actually eaten there, so maybe they just supply part of the meal (fries, for example). Or is this actually a McDonalds?
    It's a stripped down menu and costs about 4 times as much.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

I think the company didn't renew so that it would be free to delay releasing movies if needed. Some recent "Turkeys" could have been delayed to fix problems except McDonald's insisted Disney deliver on the agreed to time schedule. McDonald's needs Disney to push bleached, chicken gut and skin nuggets. Disney doesn't need them.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast