Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• (harmlessly)

a quick (albeit ignorant) confirmation

The now-defunct motorboat cruises are NOT the same as the Storybook Land Cruises, right? Cuz one of the pictures on another thread made it look like the water channel heading towards Monstro's mouth was drained...and I'm now I'm sorta worried.
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by stalking lily chou-chou
    The now-defunct motorboat cruises are NOT the same as the Storybook Land Cruises, right? Cuz one of the pictures on another thread made it look like the water channel heading towards Monstro's mouth was drained...and I'm now I'm sorta worried.
    No they are not the same. However they have both been drained for different purposes. One for rehab and one for undetermined purposes.
    Last edited by fearsnda; 04-09-2005 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Poor grammar!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• (harmlessly)

BYOW!
    Let's re-fill the rides!
    I NEED to ride Storybook on my FIRST TRIP TO DISNEYLAND (less than two weeks away)!
    I'm a WDWer normally. This was to be one of the "special treats" of my trip, available only at the WEST COAST ORIGINAL!
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

• Banned User

Odd they wouldn't add some themed walls to the submarine voyage.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

thanks for the cool pics. I wonder what they are gonna do. probablly nothing.

• Minion

I'd love to see something more themed than Gummi Glen. It doesn't have to be hi-tech, just an "outdoors darkride" if you will.

Otherwise, it seems as if you could keep the waterway depth and build a sunken showbuilding, built around the support pylons for the Monos, and have a deluxe dark ride. You'd just have to make sure that the Mono route isn't going to change once the ride got built, or was structurally sound enough to handle new supports later.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Maybe..just ** MAYBE** They arent removing it. MAYBE. MAYBE. Hopefully. I say this cuz it doesnt look like it yet.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Maybe..just ** MAYBE** They arent removing it. MAYBE. MAYBE. Hopefully. I say this cuz it doesnt look like it yet.
    I too wish for them to NOT remove it, or at least leave it as some sort of watery type of attraction. But, it's all in the name of progress I guess...
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Banned User

A playground is not GOOD Progress. It's bad progress. Not saying you said it's good. Just saying, I hate the idea.

As my user name implies Motor Boat Cruise was the best. PLEASE Bring it back. It wouldnt take much. Where did they put all the boats? How long has it been closed? I know it's been @ least a decade.

• Minion

Progress is such a loaded word... I happen to think the best "progress" woud be to wait unti 2010 before messing too much with this chunk of real estate. Or open it up as MBC again, or as Gummi Glen --something relatively inexpensive to build and operate. Just for a short time. Then, in 2008 open something major in DCA, and 2009 or -10 open the Bambi ride as the centerpiece of the Frontierland expansion, making a gentler transition between Fantasyland and Frontierland, and using the Hunny Hunt technology. Finally, with enough new things at the resort to ease traffic, close off Tomorrowland from Autopia north, and consider either a basement-up redo of the whole area, or using the current infrastructure to create a better theme. Take out Nemo from the Subs if he makes it in, create a more scenic route for Autopia, and maybe cut it back in half... yadda yadda yadda.

At any rate... a TEMPORARY playground would be okay, if everyone involved knew it was only temporary. But cheap and temporary attractions have a nasty habit of sticking around

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

I would not bring back Gummi Glen. While it was pretty cool, it just seemed random and primative. Plain Motorboats was better.

Besides - as soon as Gummi Glen was gone, so was the entire Motor boat Cruise.

• Minion

I feel the need to comment that I was joking about wanting to see the Gummi Bears back...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I would not bring back Gummi Glen. While it was pretty cool, it just seemed random and primative. Plain Motorboats was better.

Besides - as soon as Gummi Glen was gone, so was the entire Motor boat Cruise.
    It doesn't have to literally be Gummi Glen. You could do Pocahontas' animal friends Just Around the River Bend, or the Rescuers Swamp Boat Cruise... just an inexpensive story added to MBC so it attracts more riders until it closes again for whatever new attraction will go into that quadrant after the 50th.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

That would be pretty cool. The one thing I hated--ONLY ONE--about the Cruise was the noise it generated. Rather annoying after awhile

• Happily now an AP holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    There are two sets of bag-checks - from the West (Downtown Disney & the Mickey & Friends Tram) side of the esplanande, and from the East (Lion King Trams/Harbor Blvd.) side. Disneyland to the North, DCA to the South.

Everyone in the central plaza between the two parks has cleared the security checks, so you can cross over between the two parks without another bag check.

Only problem is, if you want to walk from Harbor Blvd. to shop or dine in Downtown Disney you have to clear security to walk across.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Sorry for the quick derail. But when did they add the security checks (my last trip was in 2002 and I don't remember going through one.) Where they always surrounding the esplanade?
    -Goober

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast