Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rainicorn.

I can't wait till we have "now here's the bulldozer" pictures! hahaha... just kidding.

ModHatter, Disneyland will never be completed and your ideas are so awesome. I'm sure they'll come up with something for TL and that Bambi ride sounds great. Too bad you're not Ouimet's right hand man.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I can't wait till we have "now here's the bulldozer" pictures! hahaha... just kidding.

ModHatter, Disneyland will never be completed and your ideas are so awesome. I'm sure they'll come up with something for TL and that Bambi ride sounds great. Too bad you're not Ouimet's right hand man.
    Thanks... yeah, the Bambi thing has been one of my pet projects even before I heard what they coud really do with those Hunny Hunt vehicles. It just seems like one of those long-overdue things. So, if Matt's listenning, Let's put all of these Pixar movies on hold til some long overdue, actual Disney films get rides.

Which, come to think of it, reminds me of one of my other pet projects. I usually imagine this one as an indoor dark ride, but what if they dug out the old waterways and built the Jolly Holiday with Mary horse race in there? Instead of the merry-go-round horses having the traditional pole mechanism, the pole is just decorative, and the trotting motion is done under the horse. You coud even end the ride with one of those ride photo spots, simulating the Photo Finish in the horse race...
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I would not bring back Gummi Glen. While it was pretty cool, it just seemed random and primative. Plain Motorboats was better.

Besides - as soon as Gummi Glen was gone, so was the entire Motor boat Cruise.
    It sounds like you should really hate Toon Town. Initially the Operating Budget form The Motor Boat Cruise went into the Toon Town Budget when it was built (according to Mouse Tales at least).

Also, just so we're clear, if missed any of my other posts about this from other Motor Boat threads... I find the idea of a Play Area to REVOLTING!

Thanks, that is all.

- FNDA
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

•   
    • debating what to put here

Here's to hoping that they put the motor boat cruise back, or something similar. I obviously have fond memories of the ride as well.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    ^^fearsnda: You're saying they closed the Motorboats to build Toontown? And yet, when they had extra money soon after (surely they did), they let it remain closed?

Im not a huge fan of Toontown. It's cute. But at WDW, their Toontown, while having less things in it, seems better maintained.

I spend 90% of my time Disneyland/WDW Magic Kingdom in Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.

• Hooterville, USA

One thing that I have noticed on this board, is just how creative we all are. It makes me wonder who has creative control over DL. Some of the ideas that this board has generated are priceless! If Disney would read this board, they would do some great things. I am really impressed. If we only had a voice. Hmmmmmm.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    The way I see it, their theory of "When we open a new attraction, we close an old one and shift the budget money to the new one" is only a cute dodge ("excuse") to cut the budget. :devil: Because when they open the new ride, they also increase the overall capacity of the park to handle larger crowds, and therefore the new ride pays for itself.

This is almost a reason to go back to ticket books, or at least a much tighter turnstile count by scanning park tickets at the entrances of each ride and attraction - that way they can see where the utilization is.

They should be removing old rides or attractions only when they no longer draw enough guests to pay for the operating costs to run them, and they should have another attraction already designed and ready to start construction and operation in the space.

Things like Rocket Rods prove the rule - the vehicles and ride control system were glitching and shutting down daily (sometimes several times a day) and killing the guest throughput as they walked everyone off and reset the ride. And the vehicles were very high maintenance, chewing up $400 sets of tires weekly, and they were having trouble with the beamway and guide rails cracking which would have required very expensive repairs. I can understand their closing it - So where's the replacement? :confused:

And IMHO old rides with low labor and maintenance costs don't need too many people going through to "break even". Otherwise, they are removing the overall park capacity to handle the crowds they regularly draw, and undermining the value of the ticket - and I haven't seen them rushing to lower the ticket prices lately...

--<< Bruce >>--

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    One thing that I have noticed on this board, is just how creative we all are. It makes me wonder who has creative control over DL. Some of the ideas that this board has generated are priceless! If Disney would read this board, they would do some great things. I am really impressed. If we only had a voice. Hmmmmmm.
    Who says they don't read this? They just can't admit they read it, or take any overt action to an outside person about it.

And putting up a really good idea in a public posting is often the kiss of death for it, unless they can modify it slightly to make it look like they came up with the idea all on their own, they can't use it or they risk petty claims over the idea's origination. Even if you throw it out in the public domain deliberately.

But if you are a Cast Member, start blabbing here about something sensitive that they didn't want revealed (yet or ever), and see how fast they haul you into the office and have a counseling session about it... :devil: Oh yeah, they read Usenet, the websites like Miceage, and the boards.

--<< Bruce >>--

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    Who says they don't read this? They just can't admit they read it, or take any overt action to an outside person about it.

And putting up a really good idea in a public posting is often the kiss of death for it, unless they can modify it slightly to make it look like they came up with the idea all on their own, they can't use it or they risk petty claims over the idea's origination. Even if you throw it out in the public domain deliberately.

But if you are a Cast Member, start blabbing here about something sensitive that they didn't want revealed (yet or ever), and see how fast they haul you into the office and have a counseling session about it... :devil: Oh yeah, they read Usenet, the websites like Miceage, and the boards.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Oh yeah... you sooooooo correct!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• The one, the only...

Thumbs down The Central Problem

Putting a playground is fine if they include the MAGIC! I remember as a child finding the space between Tomorrowland and the Castle had a garden with water that flew through the air. It was probably cheap, but it was magic seeing the streams of water going through the air. The trouble with many of these cheap attractions is that there is no MAGIC!! Just a few trees and a costumed character does not make a magical place in the kingdom. It is boring!!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Hope the sludge doesn't smell as bad as it looks ; )
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Unless you are planing on waking up Real early to get in line for these to get in line for DL on July 17... and currently live in FLA.. (Why not build permanent ones like at WDW.... MK & MGM are far outside the entrance.. (Epcot & AK are right there..)
    Obviously, this is a good idea...it's just too bad there is no budget to implement it during this fiscal year.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Colorado Bound?

Does anyone here _really_ think they can put in a ride on a track that has not been maintianed in 17 years in less than a month?

Does anyone really think that the walls are going to stay up around the subs for 0505 or 0717?

Think it through folks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad
    Does anyone here _really_ think they can put in a ride on a track that has not been maintianed in 17 years in less than a month?

Does anyone really think that the walls are going to stay up around the subs for 0505 or 0717?

Think it through folks.
    Hmmm... A ride built well, as they were back in MBC's day, could easily have a track that just needs to be inspected and dummy tested. How long did the Splash refurb take? And that included new vehicle design as well as all sorts of show repair and refurb. For all we know, the boats have either been in storage or being rebuilt from scratched based on original blueprints, just waiting.

Besides, as you point out, there is the question of bad show. Yes, work walls are bad show. So are empty attractions. particularly if they don't refill the water in MBC. So, you want to know the difference between empty attractions and work walls? The impression of PROGRESS. Disneyland probably won't have a preview center during the 50th, but a nice work wall with a few "We're Imagineering a new attraction for you!" signs will give people hope, and get them to come back after the 50th is over. An empty canal and lagoon will remind people of how the park has gone to pot the last decade or so.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    All the creativity here is individual. form a committee, add a bunch of red tape, budget constraints and legal opinions and you end up with compromise. As big as Disney is, Im constantly surprised that the things they do at the park are as creative as they are. Pooh ride excepted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast