Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

What are some things to do in the Anaheim area?

Hi everyone,

My family and I will be going to Disneyland next week for three days and have a hopper pass for two days. Since we have one day free, can anyone suggest some things to do in the local area? We have only been to Disneyland once before and spent all our time at the resort so we are not familiar with the area. We will be renting a car since it is cheaper than the airport shuttle, so we can drive to these locations that are mentioned. Also, if anyone has stayed at the Hilton near the Convention Center and wants to voice their opinion, I would love to hear that too. We tried to get a room at the Disneyland Hotel but they are booked. I'll keep trying though, maybe someone will cancel.

Thank you all for the ideas. You guys are great!

• Just this guy......

Re: What are some things to do in the Anaheim area?

A lot depends on what you enjoy. There are several amusment parks, museums, shows... You name it!

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

Disneyland has a whole Downtown Disney section with restaurants, eateries, shops, concert venues like The House of Blues.http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/anaheim/

The Block of Orange http://www.theblockatorange.com/static/node848.jsp isn't that far away either, which has basically those same things.

And you can always take in an Angel game.http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NAS...x.jsp?c_id=ana
    Last edited by Wicket; 05-09-2006 at 01:46 PM.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Oh and they have a Midieval Timeshttp://www.medievaltimes.com/ nearby Knott's Berry Farm, Ripley's Believe it or Nothttp://www.ripleys.com/, and a Pirate's Dinner Adventurehttp://www.piratesdinneradventure.com/ all in the same area.
    Last edited by Wicket; 05-09-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• Minion

Talking Re: What are some things to do in the Anaheim area?

Knotts Beryy Farm is located in the city of Buena Park, about 15 minutes northwest of Disneyland. It is the oldest theme park in America and it is lots of fun to go and visit. If you enjoy rollercoasters there is a great coaster there called Ghost Rider. It's by far the best wooden rollercoaster on the west coast. Knotts admission prices are much more affordable than Disneyland and there are usually good offers and coupons available.

oh and don't forget to eat the their famous chicken dinner restaraunt. They have the best food and the place has been around since the days when Disneyland was still just an orange grove and a dirt road.

I guess I should put down that my two boys are six and nine. We are not into sports. We love swimming. Is there a beach near by? And how far away is San Diego? Are there any cool museums or shopping places for me, the mom? We will definitely spend time at Downtown Disney. We really like that place.

Thanks Wicket for the Midevil Times and Pirate Dinner. Those are right up our alley.

Thanks Exjungleskipper for the Knotts Berry Farm idea. I didn't realize it was that close.
    Last edited by Nancywitt; 05-09-2006 at 01:48 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Looks like the major touristy places in the immediate
    area have been mentioned. One other place that draws
    people is the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove.

• My prices are INSANE!

Dodge traffic.

No, no, I kid, I kid.

There's also LEGOland, that's about an hour south of Disneyland.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

I added some websites to my posts for more info.

if you like to shop, i'd suggest checking out the block at orange

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just in case you are interested...the Angels are home to Toronto next Tue-Wed-Thurs night at 7:05pm at the Big A..which is about three miles east of the DLR.

Speaking of the Angels...something that few folks mention here but I think is a fine way to spend an afternoon...the Gene Autry Center and Museum of the American West, probably 25-30 miles north of the DLR and directly adjacent to the also quite pleasant Los Angeles Zoo.

Of course there's also Universal Studios Hollywood...

Just a few more suggestions.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Cool ideas everyone! I had forgotten about Legoland, thanks Crazy Larry. And thank you again Wicket for the links. That will save me a bunch of time.

• Minion

Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are just about 25 minutes away and they are very clean, nice beaches too.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

San Diego is about an hour and a half south on I-5. Its a nice place to check out. Sea World is a cool place to go with kids who like animals. Also the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park. If you do the Wild Animal park, check out thier website to see if they still do the trips into the pens where you can feed the animals. Again, if your kids like animals, they will love it.

Sticking to the surface streets, just head west or south if you want to go to the beaches. Be sure to get there early though as they do tend to fill up. Also check to see what the conditions are before going out in the water. I went bodyboarding once out of Newport and when I came out of the water, I found that the current had moved me a mile down the beach.

You can also head over to Long Beach if you'd like. The Queen Mary is there along with the Spruce Goose.

If your kids like dinosaurs and stuff like that, check out the La Brea Tar Pits. There is also Universal Studios that is rather pricey, but has a tour that I think everyone should see at least once. Be warned though that some parts of the tour are scary for little kids.

For something a little tamer, across the street from Knotts Berry Farm is a waterpark. You can enjoy a day there, then head over to Knotts for dinner.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Just this guy......

Knott's Berry Farm, Midevil Times and Pirate Dinner are all with in several blocks of each other.

Discovery Science Center is a fun museum for kids. http://www.discoverycube.org/ which is just down the freeway from Disneyland.

The beach is a bit farther away. Allow yourself about an half and hour to and hour to get to any one of the many beaches.

San Diego, which has one of the worlds best zoos, Sea World, a great beach and many other things is just under two hours drive from Disneyland.

Movieland wax museum is CLOSED! It is no more! The building and sign are still there, but it's an empty shell.

> The Queen Mary is there along with the Spruce Goose. The Spruce Goose left the area several years ago, but the Queen Mary is still there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast