• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

classics destroyed?

went to disney today..disappointed in the new HM attic scene...pictures are cool...disliked the new bride...takes the scare factor away.. isnt supposed to be scary and not..i dont know..cartoony? and doesnt the bride seem a little...small? she isnt lifesize or anything... it takes away from the ride experience for me..but hey.. changes will be made..

im all for pirates but im scared to see what the fans will say to the changes in the addition to sparrow, jones and barbosa.. im just hoping its REALLY good. and not so...disappointing.

i really hope they dont screw up the new revamped star tours either. that would sadden me. cause its cool now.. but ya know..

well, had to share my thoughts. feel free to comment.
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

•   
    • Minion

Re: classics destroyed?

I don't know, when I looked at the original concept art for the Haunted Mansion in initial concept (or "Museium of the Wierd") it had some pretty scary gory objects that were developed... Walt touted them...

Over the years the Mansion seemed to get sanitised, and constantly changed... Little by little... Most of the locals don't really notice because the incremental changes over time don't seem like a big deal... but for others who have years seperating park visits certainly do notice a differance...

The key element is wow factor... As the technology of illusion gets older, it looses that edgy nature in regard to visial effects... Those effects are better employed in Tower of Terror, which is a modernized version of Haunted Mansion if you think about it...

I think the ride intended to be changed...

I haven't seen the new sequince yet, I hope to but I am likely going to wait untill the fall to do so...
    Check out my other blog:

• The Happiest Cynic

You should probably brace yourself now, since no matter what the changes to Pirates look like, there's going to be a massive tidal wave of complaining and people who are "disappointed" that it isn't whatever they imagined in thier heads before going on the ride.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Demon

im all for pirates but im scared to see what the fans will say to the changes in the addition to sparrow, jones and barbosa.. im just hoping its REALLY good. and not so...disappointing.

i really hope they dont screw up the new revamped star tours either. that would sadden me. cause its cool now.. but ya know..

well, had to share my thoughts. feel free to comment.
    You should read the thread called "I do... NOT" started by Evil Minion. He has similar opinions about the Bride.

What I'm still up in the air about -- the current crop of Imagineers don't quite understand that the reason HM and PotC ARE so timeless is because it leaves it up to guests to make a storyline. There isn't a running story throughout the whole thing. Until you put Johnny Depp into the ride.

But it's hard to make an evaluation, of course, when we don't have a finished product. While I think it's great that they want to update these rides, I'm not sure the way they're doing it is in the spirit and tone of the original (the Bride, while I like generally, is not in the same tone as the rest of the Mansion... I mean, they could at least "Marc Davis" up the portraits a little bit, or make her spooky instead of cross-eyed and goofy). And I don't like the idea of the "focus" of the Mansion being the Bride, but again, I'm not sure if that's actually how they're going to implement it.

As far as star tours goes, I don't think there is ANY information on this actually happening. Someone dredged up an old thread from last year "confirming" the new Star Wars... which still hasn't happened yet. Nor has it been "confirmed" over a year after that thread was started. And I haven't heard any reliable buzz about it, either.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound

I haven't seen the new sequince yet, I hope to but I am likely going to wait untill the fall to do so...
    I loved it. I had no idea it was coming and when I realized the attic had been changed it suddenly made an old favorite interesting and new. I look forward to more improvements.

I know for some folks it must suck massively (Kind of like the reworking of the first three Star Wars movies to include stuff from the new ones, which I hated) but I thought the new Attic was very cool.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    I know for some folks it must suck massively (Kind of like the reworking of the first three Star Wars movies to include stuff from the new ones, which I hated) but I thought the new Attic was very cool.
    that's a really good way to put it! i hadn't thought of it like that, but it's a pretty good analogy.
    <o>