Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Princess Mouse Ears

Your first memories of Disneyland

The first time I visited was in 1984 or 85. I was two or three. I can remember being afraid of the GREY subs but I liked them after I rode on them. I also remember my dad buying me a Minnie Mouse purse that squeaked. My mom let me "steer" the boat on the Motorboat Cruise. What are your first memories?
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

• Food & Whine Aficianado

Re: Your first memories of Disneyland

Age 3 (maybe even 2 1/2), riding the Flying Saucers in my "big" cousin Nancy's lap (she was probably 9).
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

• Neep meep beep

Age three.

Sitting with Dad in the Matterhorn and seeing the rafters and inside of the matterhorn during the ride.

Mom freaking out afterwards that Dad took a three year old on the Matterhorn.

Going on Small World, seeing Circle Vision, Mission to the Moon, and Country Bears, just to calm Mom down.

• Luckiest Man Alive!

While my mom cradled me in her arms, I remember seeing the Matterhorn being built.

The Haunted Mansion sitting empty & dark behind locked gates.

The Monorail buzzing around T/L , 'cause there wasn't a loop over to the hotels until later.

Flight to the Moon.

CircleVision.

Mine Train Ride.

The outdoor stage that was in T/L where HISTA is now.
    B5, Marcus Cole:
    I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

• I Love Disneyland!!

I remember more about the hotel room we had across the street from the parking lot (or DCA as we know it now!). haha!

But I do remember when I was 7 and going on Space Mountain with my oldest brother and absolutely loving it!!! I still have the memory of riding it and how the cars looked going by with the reflective strips on the side of the cars.... it kind of looked like something was going to hit you. It really feels different (to me) than it did in 1977! I wanted to be just like my big brother and I felt so privilaged to go on SM with him. His youngest daughter is now 5, and soon to be 6 and she went on it and really loved it. I can't wait to go on it with her and somehow make a memory with her as wonderful as the one I have with her dad!

Another favorite of mine was ATIS (See my avatar!).... I loved that ride and I loved the big eye ball and all the snowflakes and the Peoplemover going by over head. We didn't need tickets for that ride so we went on it over and over again!
    FYI: For you youngsters out there that don't know, the part of the Dreams Come True fireworks that says "MAGNIFICATION!! .... Can I possibly survive?" Is in honor of Adventures Through Inner Space! My favorite part of the fireworks!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Banned User

My first visit to Disneyland was in 1961, but I was less than two years old, and the only memories I have of that trip are from watching the 8mm movie my father took of me crying my eyes out as Alice held me and the vicious White Rabbit menaced me from afar (well, he waved at me, which given his size relative to mine and my tender years, I can see why it terrified me so). Alice was a real looker too!

Also on the movie was our entire family of five in a single tea cup, my sisters riding the mules, the Mark Twain gliding past, Story Book Land, my mother and I on Dumbo, and the Moonliner towering above us -- it's been well over 30 years since I watched that movie -- maybe it's time to get my parents to transfer it to DVD.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

At age 7, in 1969, I remember being too much of a weenie to go on the Matterhorn and Haunted House. My favorite was probably Carosel of Progress for some reason. And the skyride...and America the Beautiful.

Ticket books, of course....

Also...there was a glass blowing shop in the castle, and my sister and I each got something from there.

And....lights in the trees, fireworks, and tinkerbell flying down from the Matterhorn.

That's all for now....

• Mousketeer

My earliest memories are of the "old fantasyland" the pirate ship and skull rock, the old mad hatter shop, and I remember seeing the cinderella castle in storybookland lit up at night and thinking that Disneyland had another castle like Sleeping Beauty castle that I had never been to.

It's amazing what you think you see when your a kid, and it would be great to be able to see it again that way.

• My prices are INSANE!

My first memory was walking across the parking lot to the front gate. For a kid that was a tension builder. It seemed to take forever.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    My first memory was walking across the parking lot to the front gate. For a kid that was a tension builder. It seemed to take forever.
    I remember that too! It was torture!! I think it was because you could see the gate and yet you had to gather your stuff and wait for the tram to come get you ..... it seemed to take forever!!! Then I would think about how I wanted to spend each ticket and pray that I would have enough E-tickets to get everything done I wanted.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Minion

Talking Re: Your first memories of Disneyland

My earliest memories had alot to do with getting there. We would come down the 5 freeway and we would pass CAMPING WORLD....a huge RV place that sold eveything possible for the outdoor activity of camping. There was also the Red Devils Fireworks factory and this other place with the largest American flag I had ever seen. I remember the Coppertone billboard, with the little girl getting her bathing suit pulled off by a puppy on the beach. It was actually animated so the little dog bobbed up and down and her little panties were lowered and raised. But the best part of all was seeing the snow capped top of the Matterhorn from the freeway. Once you saw that your excitement level would triple because you knew you were almost there!

• madaboutdisney

my first memory was on pirates of the carribean. i didn't expect the dips. so when they happened , it came suddently and scared me. so i closed my eyes for the whole rest of the ride

•   
    • Kerplookee

M.M. pancakes at River Belle Terrace. What kid would not remember something like that?

I can't remember the first time I went to Dland! I was born in 78 so this was probably around '83. I remember every night when I was little that I'd look for the first star so that I could wish for my parents to take my brother and me to Disneyland. One Saturday morning they finally told us we were going to Disneyland. So all my mom, dad, brother and me all found whatever Mickey shirts we had and put them on. My parents were sunscreen fanatics so I remember putting sunscreen on before we left the house. I had that classic Mickey one with red short sleeves. I miss that shirt! The best ride when I was little was Peter Pan. Then I remember walking down Main Street that night after the fireworks. That felt like the longest walk EVER!!! Soooo tired. Heheh, that's all I remember. I liked the old parking lot days.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm told we went a few months after I was born...My earliest memory is of sitting on my dad's shoulders in front of the castle watching the fireworks on New Year's Eve...don't know what year it was, because we went every single year. But it's a good memory.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast