Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

2 down, 2 to go...

Like Pirates, they are finally removing the unused Star Tours Fastpass machines in Tomorrowland. They have been turned off since 2004 I think. The machines really clogged up valuable space in the walkway as it got really tight in between Buzz's entrance, ST's Fastpass, and the Astro Orbiter. Now that leaves 3 rides in TL with Fastpass and I'm sure Autopia's Fastpass will be on its way out in a few months anyways. Good to know they are going because they only got in the way and now we won't have to look at them sitting.

So far, Fastpass is no more on:
    Pirates
    Star Tours
    Pooh
    Haunted Manison(except for overlay period)
    Small World Holiday
    It's Tough to be a Bug
    Muppet Vision
    ...and the rest remaining on a week to weekend operation (during most of the off season)

Like I said, let's hope they get ride of Autopia next, followed by Big Thunder.

BTW, I don't know why I chose '2 Down, 2 To Go' as the thread title...sorry!

Re: 2 down, 2 to go...

Autopia and Big Thunder come in really handy. They need to stay along with every other major e ticket.

Pooh had fastpasses?! Wow Disney had high hopes for that ride.

• Queen of Randomness

I've gone during some of the busiest timees of the year and still Pooh would be walk on.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Autotopia fastpasses are good!

All hail fastpasse's!

• The Happiest Cynic

I was there today, and it was the emptiest I'd ever seen; walk-on Space Mountain and every other major E-Ticket. Autopia was still a half-hour wait. Probably the only half-hour wait in the entire park.

It's not really a ride for "the whole family" and you wouldn't think it'd need Fastpass, but it's so massively popular with kids (like Peter Pan) that Fastpass is basically indispensable during the busy months.

Here's hoping they refurb those FP machines to work with Nemo and/or the Pirates refurb which are both going to be nuts for a while.

I think that these attractions no longer need the FPs but I do think attractions such as BTMRR, SM, IJA could still use them
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Waiting for the monorail

I'm not a big fan of fastpass, but I think they need to keep it for Autopia. Those lines are always huge.

• No marbles to begin with!

Autopia is always long when I'm there. Never fails.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Darn...in my heart I always hoped they left the Star Tours FP machines in hopes of an update for the ride. Oh well, if it's not gonna happen then it's better that they're taken out I guess.

Autopia needs fastpass. There are plenty of fastpass haters on this board, but I love it, and the lines for it are always ridiculous.

I'm hoping for FP machines for Pirates and Nemo, too...not sure how it would work for Pirates, though. That area is so cramped. Al says TDA is planning strategically for these upcoming lines. All I can say is, it's going to be creative.

• Banned User

I could picture Nemo doing without it. Buzz never really needed it either because the line usually moves really fast once you are inside past the Fastpass people. But I am sure Nemo will open with it regardless.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto94
    Pooh had fastpasses?! Wow Disney had high hopes for that ride.
    Yeah. Didn't make much sense to have it in the first place. Pooh took Splash Mountain's FP. Then SM FP was built by the HM exit. That created crowd problems. So Pooh FP went back to SM FP but with Pooh spelling still on it. SM FP is now like a cul-de-sac for strollers or just a quiet corner to sit.

Do Splash Mountain's FP tickets encourage people to ride Pooh while they wait??

I think Autopia needs the FP. Indy lines could be reworked better. I posted a plan for this, but I'm too lazy to post the idea now. I still have hope for Star Tours 2.0. BTMRR FP is fine to me. I don't have a problem with FP as long as the attraction REALLY needs it.

Would it be possible to make portable FP machines? To me, it seems like a good idea. But do the machines have to be permanent and be connected to something? The portable FP machines could be wireless, I guess. Have removable covers on the machines for themeing -Just a thought.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Look.....at......me!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    I could picture Nemo doing without it.
    I'm thinking Nemo will definately need it. Unless they can figure out a way to stuff loads of people in each sub (which wouldn't work because you need access to the windows), that line is gonna be long and slow.

• Rawr...

I fail to see the attraction of Autopia... yes, I want to drive a slow moving vehicle around a short track, but ONLY if I'm allowed to run into the person in front of me!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Shubisha

the track is long since they combined them. it's fun for little kids. yes I miss rescue rangers raceway just because, but autopia was still neat back when for me. especially back when i was scared of the big rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast