Sad Re-entry on crowded days?

Our family will be in DLand later this year (June 26th through 30th) and we have an unusual question. We usually like to leave the parks in the afternoon for a swim. If it becomes too crowded, will we be able to return with a handstamp, or will we be turned away with the masses? Thanks for any advice you have.

• Minion

Re: Re-entry on crowded days?

People who paid to get in and have a valid ticket and handstamp are guaranteed readmission to the park, even if it reaches capacity.

• The Fantasyland guy

Well, the above is not entirely true.

There are different levels, or stages, of "capacity." Depending on what stage they are at, you may or may not be let in till later in the day or night.

From what I understand, this is what happens:

The first thing they do is stop seling upgrades or blackout day tickets to ap's, but still sell tickets at full price to walk ups.

The second stage is when they stop selling tickets to everyone, but still let ticketed people into the park.

The third stage is when they limit people entering the park, and this is where things are differen depending on how many people, ect. I have been to the resort when they stopped letting people into the park from the main gate (saturday before christmas last december for example,) but still let hotel guests in from the monorail entrence.

I have also seen them limit people into the park completely, doesnt matter who you are (also in december last year.)

But remember, the above can change, and it did in december of last year! Disney came out with "Exception" tickets for walk ups. What was an exception ticket you ask? It allowed the ticket holder to enter DCA until a desinated time printed on the ticket. This allowed guests to still enjoy their stay, first in DCA then after, lets say 9:30 PM, they could enter Disneyland.

It seams to me that Disney now has plans in place for "too many people," all because of the recent problems in december due to the 50th. They are prepared now.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    People who paid to get in and have a valid ticket and handstamp are guaranteed readmission to the park, even if it reaches capacity.
    As The Dude said...

WRONG!!!!!

Disney tries to watch attendance and takes steps to prevent it from happening, including stopping ticket sells, and then not allowing folks first entry. But if the park is full, then the park is full, and Disney cannot allow ANYONE into the park if it is at capacity.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I Love Disneyland!!

Also if you guys go swiming... the hand stamp could come off..... I would ask at City Hall about that if you think it will be a problem.

Think positive.... you won't get turned away... the park will be empty that week! hahaha
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!