Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Life is Great!

hotel/motel question

i was thinking since i plan on going 3-4 sundays in a row soon, that i might want to go on one saturday and stay over. does anyone know of the least expensive place to stay(relatively clean and safe) in the gereral area, doesnt have to be super close since ill be driving to and from the park. ill have both kids with me, so i can have max sleep with me and bring the porta crib for the baby. i figure a cheap motel wouldnt be much more than gas and i can make a weekend of it. trying to work the budget and not be stuck eating ramen or bologna sandwiches for a couple weeks for lunch.
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Banned User

Re: hotel/motel question

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    i was thinking since i plan on going 3-4 sundays in a row soon, that i might want to go on one saturday and stay over. does anyone know of the least expensive place to stay(relatively clean and safe) in the gereral area, doesnt have to be super close since ill be driving to and from the park. ill have both kids with me, so i can have max sleep with me and bring the porta crib for the baby. i figure a cheap motel wouldnt be much more than gas and i can make a weekend of it. trying to work the budget and not be stuck eating ramen or bologna sandwiches for a couple weeks for lunch.
    {:
    ok, I just want to tell you we had the best time at holiday in at the park!! it was clean, and the staff was awsome, kids eat free and the shuttle service they provide was awsome!! its up farther then the howard johnson and I just loved this place. I will be staying here from now on !!

• Banned User

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/laxae?irs=y

they say you can find a room here for less then 60 bucks at times. I stayed here and thought it was excelent and the pool was big! there was a hot tub, and mini store down stairs in the loby.

• Give Peace a Chance

Here's another link for local hotel/motels ~ it gives brief descriptions and prices of rooms, distances from DLR and other attractions, other facts including room information and amenities: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels-motels/hotels/us-ca-anaheim.html
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I would recommend using Priceline and bidding $40 to $60. We always stay at 3* hotels using them. We got 2 rooms for May 28 - 31 at the Crowne Plaza for $45 a night each room. A good place to check out to see what others are bidding and what hotels are participating is:

http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Villains Fan and I share rooms all the time! Its just easier on us to stay there overnight when there are "happenings" going on as opposed to driving all the way home, then back the next day.

We've stayed at the Portofino and the Holiday Inn on Western, both were nice and I think were in the $80-$100 a night range. Stayed at the Dland Hotel one night too

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Why not ask MrLightYear to set you up? He got me a lot better deal at Hojo's than I was able to get on my own.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• no flash photography...

I stayed at crown plaza through priceline and it was a very nice hotel...much nicer than anything I've stayed at right across from the park.

• Life is Great!

thank you everyone, i will check them all out. was thinking it would be fun to have 2 days in a row, and distance isnt a prob since ill be driving to resort, anything closer than san diego is good, hehehee. still not sure if ill have the finances, we'll see.
    {:

one thing with priceline....I bid $50.00 for the room...they charged $13.63 in taxes and $9.00 when I checked in. So, the room ended up being about $73.00...still a good deal..

There's also another site where you can bid on hotel rooms kind of like ebay. I ahve not tried it yet, but the candlewood is on there alot.

• Banned User

scubabe, tell us more about this. I would like to get my sister a room when she comes with her family. she is so anal about everything that I would rather put her up in a motel the have her clean my fridge, and everything that is not tied down. my house is clean but if its not disenfected clean she goes anal and has to clean . OCD I am afraid. so a nice place she can stay at and clean there will be good for us all!!

I have never used it, but someone I know has. I guess it works ok.

skyauction.com

They do charge quit a bit in taxes, but I guess all hotels do...I think there's a servcie charge as well....I've been comparing the rates and when the bids get to high I just stop bidding. Some people keep bidding and end up paying more than if they just went to expedia...crazy people...LOL

• Banned User

have any of you used your company as a way to get your motel cheaper? my friend did and still does. she just gives them her company name and says .. buisness, and she gets good rates!

no, all of our company travel is planned through the compnay...I think....at least i found a travel place on the companies website, but I did not have proper credentials to get in...LOL

• Life is Great!

found a couple places that are real cheap(all i really care about is a bed to sleep in, hehehee) but im still working out the finances. not even sure now ill be able to go for 3 or 4 sundays in a row or not. dam gas prices. ramen and bologna here i come!
    {:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast