Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    The problem is that their are way to many Pixar/cartoon rides going into the park. Too much of anything is a bad thing.
    I agree, too many of Pixar's movies ending up as attractions will make the park's lineup seem like a broken record. One, maybe two Pixar attractions are nice, but let's not forget, Disney is also a film company, and I still think it's a pretty darn good one. At least it used to be.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Minion

I personally prefer a really fabulous cartoon dark ride over an E-ticket. Gasp.

it was confirmed by other sources that they are looking at a frontierland expansion like this, mostly to give a place for Woody character greets or what not

it should be noted that these plans were NOT finalized and that the new management obviously cares about expansion or they would NOT have also drained the motorboat crusie for new attraction space in the post 2008 world

how about we wait and see what WDI and people do with this

at the time this is being blue sky'ed and I don't think it's anywere near completion

as for me and my house I thought Pocahontas would work as a better character if they REALLY wanted to do something charactor themed in that area, but that's just me

• LoisAlene

It's been discussed before how a Woody themed area would make a good transitional area from the cartoony world of Fantasyland to the Real world of Frontierland. Good Idea, but isn't Critter country in the way of That idea?
    It's not that I don't Like Pixar, but I, like many on this board, am Tired of cartoon characters getting the lion's share of attention when it comes to ride and attraction development.

I am not really keen on the character meet and greets, but it does keep chaos from developing when a character walks around on the streets. Wait...I MISS that! It was always a thrill to spot the characters walking around, mobbed by frantic children ...well, okay maybe the stationary idea Is a good one.

It's going to be a fine line for the next generation of park imagineers to walk.
    I know that no matter What they do, some people will be less than happy, others more than. I would be happy with some D or C level rides, but Please, give us something besides cartoons!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Minion

They should seriously persue the theme park rights to Zorro again. There is another movie coming out later this year.

Toy Story is sufficiently represented at the park.

• The Uber Film Geek

I'm pretty sure Zorro is a public domain character.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Banned User

Nothing is sacred anymore. Event TDL has replaced the Diamond Horseshoe for some Woody and friends dinner show.

• Rainicorn.

Well, cartoons = profits. Sadly, kids today are more attracted to cartoons...

Even so, I hope this plan does not come into fruition. Frontierland should stay Frontierland.. not Woodyland (as much as I love Toy Story). I'm sure there could be some perfectly good alternatives to making FL into Woody's Play Paradise. Like Dshimel said... some D-tickets.. something fun and quick.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Unfortunatly, things can't be done the way they used to be done cause its a different time, RobotPirate is right, kids are attracted to different things now days....they never would have made an ATIS today, not without a motion base simulator or a dire life or death situation...kids wanna see Woody and friends, they buy the merch and the Toy Story movies.

Im willing to give this project the benefit of the doubt....although I would MUCH prefer a Discoveryland theming or something fun done with Pecos Bill...but, alas, those dont make money

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I personally prefer a really fabulous cartoon dark ride over an E-ticket. Gasp.
    Understandable. However, why Woody???? If we MUST base a Frontierland expansion on some sort of Disney animation the how about:

Bambi,
    Pocahontas,
    Brother Bear,
    Tall Tails,
    or Robin Hood.

But why Woody? WHY???????????

Thanks. that's all for now!

- FNDA
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Understandable. However, why Woody???? If we MUST base a Frontierland expansion on some sort of Disney animation the how about:

Bambi,
    Pocahontas,
    Brother Bear,
    Tall Tails,
    or Robin Hood.

But why Woody? WHY???????????

Thanks. that's all for now!

- FNDA
    Ok, I can deal with Bambi.
    Last time I checked, Pocahontas wasn't very popular.
    Brother Bear? The playground thing in DCA already seems like too much.
    Tall Tails? I am unclear on what you are referring to
    Okay, I would personally die forty times over out of utter bliss if they made a Robin Hood ride, but Robin gets the shaft everywhere else in the park, I don't see a ride coming.

I like Woody. And I like Pixar. And let's face it, Disney's going to suck what Pixar they have dry.

• Minion

>>I'm pretty sure Zorro is a public domain character.<<

Strangely enough, no. Like Tarzan, the author's works have somehow still perpetuated in a copyright now held by a "Zorro Company" to which Disney reaasigned their portion of the rights in the late 60's. It is this company that has liscensed the character to Amblin/Sony for the recent films or to comics companies etc.

Whether their copyright time limit is nearing (or passed) term or not, or has been renewed for some strange reason, I'm not sure... the first novel must be over 80 years ago.

That doesn't mean the theme park rights can't be bought...

Zorro is still massively popular with the Hispanic community and widely recognizable by the general public through his many incarnations - - and especially identified with Disney by baby-boomers. It's the perfect property for their varied constituences (outside of small toddlers - but they have received Bugs, Pooh, Buzz, Monsters and Nemo in recent times - - what about the rest of us!).
    Last edited by merlinjones; 04-10-2005 at 07:26 AM.

I think a Woody themed area is a great idea. However there is one problem. Disney broke up with Pixar. Now I know Disney owns the rights to the Disney/Pixar characters but it does not look right if Disney is making attractions based on the Disney/Pixar characters and they're no longer working together. :confused:

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I am mad because if Woody gets an expansion to Frontierland, than they'll decide "Why not give Aladdin an expansion to Adventureland besides the Oasis?" And then "Oh, let's give Pooh some more stuff in Critter Country..."

• Minion

I'm very surprised the The Jungle Book Cruise has never materialized (not that I'd like to see that).
    Last edited by merlinjones; 04-10-2005 at 07:35 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast